rega tweaking

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
cressy
Shed dweller

#1 rega tweaking

Post by cressy »

hi guys, in a moment of silliness i bought an origin live ol 1 off fleabay for 135 quid. it hasnt arrived yet, but already ive plans for tweaking and faffing. from reading up it seems that the biggest improvement can be made from changing the stub and counterweight. there also seems to be alot of different variants on this theme the most ubiquitous being origin lives own mod. any thoughts on this? there also seems to be one on fleabay for about half the price, and a few that have the counterweight underslung. i'll have a look at the construction of it and see if i can diy this bit too.
wiring seems the next 'upgrade' so ill do that with some of the silver stuff i have as it really did work wonders in the helius arm.
next thing ive seen on ols website is a slotted armtube. i'll not be attempting that as a diy option so does anyone have any experience on this? cheers for any ideas/help on this
ant
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Post by The Stratmangler »

Hi Ant

Have a look here http://www.audiomods.co.uk/ - this guy has really pushed the boat out with his experiment.

Chris :)