General health matters.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#661 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

@ Shane wow what a story - but a reminder to all of us to think twice before sticking our pinkies (or other parts of anatomy) into things that could be hazardous. Especially if you're on your own. As I live alone I'm frequently having to remind myself, if it all goes tits up now, can I get to a phone... which atm uses face recognition but suppose it's the face that's fubarred?
:shock:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#662 Re: General health matters.

Post by IslandPink »

Get well soon, Shane, wish you hadn't had to go through this, but none of us can plan everything in life !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#663 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

IslandPink wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:41 pm Get well soon, Shane, wish you hadn't had to go through this, but none of us can plan everything in life !
Yes Shane, best wishes for a quick recovery.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#664 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

I went on a coach trip yesterday, and on the way home my throat felt a little sore.

During the evening the throat got worse, as though I had a cold coming, and this morning I got a positive Covid test.

BUM. :(

Edmund Burke

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#665 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

Bugger! Sorry about that Phil! Hope it goes away before Owston. :(

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#666 Re: General health matters.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Ha! I found myself sticking that swab up my nose on Sunday - felt well 'quite unwell' - but negative, so in the polite and gentle way - 'wtf'.

Lot of it about but really how bad? We don't know yet.
Flu jab
Covid jab &
Shingles jab not so really very far away - bring it on!
I'm all lined up.

I've got a couple of days with a local GP practice which has an open day where everyone who turns up gets a cuppa tea a good old natter about being senior citizens. My role to talk about retraction pockets - kidding. But ear wax, hearing loss in general, how crap specsavers are - other providers are available, hearing aids and ooooo your ear canals are hairy, totally blocked, you've been using cotton buds, the weather, swollen ankles, re-tubing hearing aids, the latest Stones album and how grossly inept the ridiculous Tory government is....but I can also get in line for blood pressure and various jabs cos they're going along with thd tea and jammy dodgers and ....I'm getting paid - surely I'm too old for this.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#667 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

:D

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#668 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

pre65 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:18 am I went on a coach trip yesterday, and on the way home my throat felt a little sore.

During the evening the throat got worse, as though I had a cold coming, and this morning I got a positive Covid test.

That was Tuesday morning. I hadn't lost my sense of smell/taste, but this morning they have diminished to virtually nil. :(

However, In general I'm much better, and will wait till Tuesday before resuming out of home activities.

Edmund Burke

Greg
Social outcast

#669 Re: General health matters.

Post by Greg »

pre65 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:42 am
pre65 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:18 am I went on a coach trip yesterday, and on the way home my throat felt a little sore.

That was Tuesday morning. I hadn't lost my sense of smell/taste, but this morning they have diminished to virtually nil. :(

However, In general I'm much better, and will wait till Tuesday before resuming out of home activities.
Your infection seems to be following the same pattern of my own recent Covid illness. Bugs me that I managed to avoid it all through the pandemic only to get it now. Although I started feeling better after a few days, like you, I then completely lost my sense of taste and smell which took over a fortnight to come back. I also remained very fatigued despite feeling much better. I also took 17 days before I produced a negative test! Through friends I know that our local NHS Trust advise their staff that after infection, they can return to work after 5 days provided they produce a negative test and if still testing positive, return to work after 10 days. They say after 10 days regardless of test status, a person is no longer infectious to others.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
Nick
Site Admin

#670 Re: General health matters.

Post by Nick »

Yep that's about the path my copy is taking.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#671 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Actually, my sense of taste is not as bad as I thought. I sprinkled some sea salt in my palm, and touching my tongue on it the taste was obvious. :)

Smelling things still not happening. :(

Seems Jean has remained free of symptoms so far. :D

Edmund Burke

Greg
Social outcast

#672 Re: General health matters.

Post by Greg »

Ah, yes. I could always taste salt. Amanda, who became infected at the same time complained of a constant salt taste in her mouth throughout the illness, eating or otherwise.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#673 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Covid day 10 and a negative test result. :D

Edmund Burke

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#674 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#675 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Mike H wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:48 pm Image
Thanks Mike. :)

Got an NHS Email this morning about Covid jabs. Went to the web site and now having my jab at 14:20 tomorrow (Thursday). Flu Jab on Saturday so should be covered for both for a while.

Edmund Burke