BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#1 BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by mainscablesrus »

The council have passed the plans for us to move premises I am happy to say.

The work will begin next week to sort out the interior as its curently a doctors surgery or was!

Plenty of nice sized rooms for demonstrating equipment, a huge foyer to put vinyl and gear on display, so I am hoping The Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club can have its next meeting there sometime in February.

Plenty of parking spaces as well!
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by pre65 »

Good news David, looking forward to the next meeting.

Will the 833A amps be there ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
JohnG
Old Hand

#3 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by JohnG »

Hi Dave, that's a good diagnosis of the things to come.
With Audition Seating of the quality shown, it'll be a proper Pipe and Slippers outing.
Just what the Doc' ordered, 'Should I book a appointment for Feb', or just walk in :lol:
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by pre65 »

JohnG wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm
With Audition Seating of the quality shown, it'll be a proper Pipe and Slippers outing.
My word, I must get my smoking jacket out of storage. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
JohnG
Old Hand

#5 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by JohnG »

Time for a few 'Doctor Jokes' I thinks.

A person walks into a Doctors Surgery,

On meeting with the Doctor, they inform the Doctor they have a concern about their Sight.

The Doctor asks 'what is the Concern'

The person informs the Doctor ' they can't see very far', that they have extreme short sight.

The Doctor requests for the person to look out of the window, which the person does.

The Doctor asks, 'What can you see', to which the person replies, 'I can see the Sun'

The Doctor replies, ' Well how far do you want to see' :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know there nothing worse than cracking up at your own jokes.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#6 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by andrew Ivimey »

....used to be a doctors' surgery......

Good old Boris is recruiting 20000 new doctors, 40000 new nurses and 100000 new police people. And he's fairly sure where the north of England is.

Is this a joke? 🙃
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
savvypaul
User

#7 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by savvypaul »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:17 pm The council have passed the plans for us to move premises I am happy to say.

The work will begin next week to sort out the interior as its curently a doctors surgery or was!

Plenty of nice sized rooms for demonstrating equipment, a huge foyer to put vinyl and gear on display, so I am hoping The Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club can have its next meeting there sometime in February.

Good luck with it, Dave. You certainly make things happen, and that is to be applauded.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#8 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by mainscablesrus »

savvypaul wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:06 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:17 pm The council have passed the plans for us to move premises I am happy to say.

Good luck with it, Dave. You certainly make things happen, and that is to be applauded.
Thanks chief, hope HFS is working out for you, hopefully you can make the next meet at mine.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
savvypaul
User

#9 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by savvypaul »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:28 pm
savvypaul wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks chief, hope HFS is working out for you, hopefully you can make the next meet at mine.
Yes, HFS and NVA progressing OK.

Feel free to advertise the next meet at HFS. I'll certainly pop along if I can...
steve s
Shed dweller

#10 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by steve s »

Looks a great place Dave.. hopefully it all goes well. Builders are good at over running. I'll look forward to your next meet up.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#11 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by mainscablesrus »

steve s wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 pm Looks a great place Dave.. hopefully it all goes well. Builders are good at over running. I'll look forward to your next meet up.
Not mine, he gets the job done and charges top whack but that's why!
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#12 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by mainscablesrus »

JohnG wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm Hi Dave, that's a good diagnosis of the things to come.
Just what the Doc' ordered, 'Should I book a appointment for Feb', or just walk in :lol:
No John you have to spend at least 40 minutes on the phone on hold, by the time we answer all the appointments for the day will have been taken (oh sorry that's my own doctor) FFS LOL
JohnG
Old Hand

#13 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by JohnG »

Any chance of going private :D
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#14 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by mainscablesrus »

JohnG wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:32 pm Any chance of going private :D
We will all be paying for healthcare eventually.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#15 Re: BROOK AUDIO / MCRU NEW PREMISES

Post by simon »

Well, most of us do already, through taxation. But I take your point.