Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10591 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

JohnG wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:26 pm If you want to talk about Range and Carbon Neutral,
Have a look at a few of Dave the Bass's Cycle Data Posts and his Lunch Break Images.
He is doing about 50 Miles around Town on a Packet of Crisps and a Pork Pie, I don't remember seeing a bottle of Ionic Drink, with such economy with a Eco sustainable fuel, the future has got to be looking Rosie.
DTB eating a pork pie ? :shock: :shock: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#10592 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

JohnG wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:26 pm If you want to talk about Range and Carbon Neutral,
Have a look at a few of Dave the Bass's Cycle Data Posts and his Lunch Break Images.
He is doing about 50 Miles around Town on a Packet of Crisps and a Pork Pie, I don't remember seeing a bottle of Ionic Drink, with such economy with a Eco sustainable fuel, the future has got to be looking Rosie.
Well, apart from the fact that Dave is already there, there is an argument that meat isn't a sustainable fuel.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#10593 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Ali Tait wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18 pm Look at this madness-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maxwell-Supe ... .l4275.c10
Mad indeed. Those units each contain 57F @ 94.5V... that works out at approximately A QUARTER OF A MILLION JOULES 🤯

The caps are about 50 quid each normally, so that's 1750 quid just for those... Each cap has a max ESR of 0R035 so the box as a whole comes in at 1R, thus peak current is 95A and peak power is 9KVA and that can be delivered for 28 seconds.

If the caps were not welded it'd be a bargain!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Ray P

#10594 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49238749

Mr Bass is already doing his bit as he doesn't eat meat - his favourite lunchtime fuel involves a copious helping of piccalilli

I still eat some meat but considerably less than I used to and now mostly chicken or fish. Lots more fruit, veg and fibre nowadays.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#10595 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by simon »

I remember going to a pub in The Dales not long after I went veggie, over 20 years ago. We've been going there over 30 years and I knew the menu was based on cow and pig, and gingerly asked if they might be able to rustle something up for me as I was now veggie.

The landlord had a think and suggested, genuinely, that he might be able to find some chicken in the freezer. I politely declined explaining again that I was veggie.

The look on his face was priceless - somewhere between finding out that Thatcher was a actually a man and someone defacating in his hand as he replied "Yer dunt eat chicken???!!!" Think I had sausage egg and chips, without the sausage.
JohnG
Old Hand

#10596 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by JohnG »

Ahh ! It looks like I have accidentally give D' the B' a Mis-fueling .

I like to think of myself as a type of Vegetarian, as everything I like to eat, used to be a Vegetarian when it was alive.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10597 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

S'true! What with my superb fitness and diet regime (bwahahahahaha etc etc) I went sooooo far beyond carbon neutral that I've had to cut down on the cycling, eat more crisps and do more motorcycling to even up the balance.

13st 10lbs, filling out nicely.

Doh! :)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#10598 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

So, as you're such an exemplar of a carbon sink, we need to prevent you being exposed to the atmosphere least you release too much ozone-depleting gas (probably too late for that!) and precipitate a global warming catastrophy...

Ergo, you should save the planet by wrapping yourself in cling film (single use plastic), grabbing some breeze blocks and jumping into the North Sea. A deep bit. :drunken:

Or not, as the case may be...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Nick
Site Admin

#10599 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

JohnG wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:24 pm Ahh ! It looks like I have accidentally give D' the B' a Mis-fueling .

I like to think of myself as a type of Vegetarian, as everything I like to eat, used to be a Vegetarian when it was alive.
You don't eat Chicken or Pork?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P

#10600 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

An interesting take on electric vehicles; even just a few years ago, who would have considered converting a classic Ferrari to electric power to improve it's perfromance!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48956000
Ray P

#10601 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

And, for a generalised overview of the environmental impact of various human fuels,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46459714
Neal
Shed dweller

#10602 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Neal »

Hmmmmm, According to that I should be drinking more beer and eating less chicken :D
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Neal
Shed dweller

#10603 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Neal »

Ray P wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:21 am An interesting take on electric vehicles; even just a few years ago, who would have considered converting a classic Ferrari to electric power to improve it's perfromance!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48956000
Flippin pirates, burn them at the stake!
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
JohnG
Old Hand

#10604 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by JohnG »

Moo've over Cattle, 'The future is in Grubs'.

A Quarter Pound McMealworm Burger is the future
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10605 Peach

Post by IslandPink »

Processed from Hubble data, by famous amateur planetary astrophotographer, Damian Peach -
http://www.damianpeach.com/hstproc/jup2 ... Bhstdp.jpg
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"