Le cleach Horns

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#1 Le cleach Horns

Post by vinylnvalves »

Up for sale are my le cleach mid range horns.. 68cm diameter at the rolled lip, brown gel coat finish. I brought them to Owston in 2016. Made from fibreglass, around 3/4” thick at the mouth,they don’t vibrate at all when rapped with your knuckles. They have a joint on the throat, I originally used them with some 8 “ Lowthers. Then I made extensions to allow me to use them with 2” throat compression drivers. Reason for sale I have made some bigger horns....

Looking for around £300 for the pair. I will going to the WAM show in March, so can pickup from there. I am located near Nottingham just off M1 junction 26.
93FA5B79-E5D6-46D6-AE57-D52B8F28F9EF.jpeg
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#2 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by vinylnvalves »

Quick bump.... on eBay now at £250. Will sell to members for £200, if picked up or met within an hour from home.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by IslandPink »

I have looked at them Steve and considered, but they are a bit mahoosive and I'd still go for an elliptical in that range myself. I'd start chopping bits off if I had them, so it's best they go to someone on EBay.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#4 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by vinylnvalves »

Mark I wasn’t expecting a late change in strategy/vision from you :wink: eBay it is... I just need space for my next creation... :)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#5 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by Ray P »

vinylnvalves wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 pm Up for sale are my le cleach mid range horns..
I'm surprised these haven't sold?

I keep looking at them thinking they might be an interesting project, partnered with my lowthers, or even to explore the world of compression drivers but I'm no speaker designer and would be somewhat at a loss for what do do to fill in the bottom end...

My Lowthers are currently used in BLHs to fill in below 300Hz.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#6 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by vinylnvalves »

You could just add the horn to BLH speaker, it will focus and boost the forward sound wave. There was an interesting design that had a second driver in the BLH to boost the bass response to match the extra dB a front loaded horn gave. Personally I got the best from these horns with a Lowther by having them open baffle,you get a sort of dipole arrangement. I couldn’t get the bass to match correctly it the time. My Recent experiments with a Ripole sub may have been just the ticket for the horn loaded Lowthers.
Ray P

#7 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by Ray P »

vinylnvalves wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:17 pm You could just add the horn to BLH speaker, it will focus and boost the forward sound wave. There was an interesting design that had a second driver in the BLH to boost the bass response to match the extra dB a front loaded horn gave. Personally I got the best from these horns with a Lowther by having them open baffle,you get a sort of dipole arrangement. I couldn’t get the bass to match correctly it the time. My Recent experiments with a Ripole sub may have been just the ticket for the horn loaded Lowthers.
I don't think adding the horns to my current back-loaded horns would be good as I suspect it would unbalance the sound and make the bass seem a bit lightweight.

I couldn't find any information on your recent sub experiments?
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#8 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by vinylnvalves »

Horns gone to new home in Shropshire :( .

I will post something about my experiments with subs when I have completed and concluded. Don’t want to bore you with all the false starts and blind alleys I have been down :wink:
Ray P

#9 Re: Le cleach Horns

Post by Ray P »

I'm glad it worked out with the sale of the horns.

I'm sure we'll look forward to hearing about your new developments.