Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Subjects that don't have their own home
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#121 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Mike H »

Greg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 am
Ray P wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 pm What time do people start arriving on the Saturday morning - just trying to plan when I leave to travel up.
Seems to be between 9:00 and 10:00. The earlier you get there, the better your table choice.
Yes. Need to allow for setting up time so earliest we start playing anything it could be getting on for 11 am. I think the function room doesn't open until 9 am anyway. (?)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
shane
Social outcast

#122 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by shane »

Anyone taking a camera?
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#123 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Dave the bass »

shane wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:15 pm Anyone taking a camera?
A camera, you get 'em built into yer phone these-days Grandad! :)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#124 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Ray P »

I think I'll take a real camera along...
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P

#125 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Ray P »

I got a good hard 17mile bike ride in this evening so ready for an early start in the morning now - see you chaps tomorrow.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#126 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by jack »

Not a bike ride, but been walking the first week of the Camino del Santiago - the bit that involves crossing the Pyrenees... Got back just now, will be on the train at 06:00 tomorrow.

Have got some ferrites to bring along... Nothing else.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
ed
retired

#127 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by ed »

just got back

this must be one of the best attended meets we've had. The sounds were at or above the usual standard.
I was pleased to meet some new faces, even if I did mistake one of them, sorry Ray, my bad.

I think that bar that always seems to keep rising has now reached an unatainable height for me. Thanks for bringing that system Stephen, to my mind it was awesome. Actually I'm doing some of you guys a disservice, that bar has been out of my reach for some time now.

The other memory that I hope will survive into older age was the 57s connected to the 211s and the new deck. I loved that sound....

once again, thanks for organising Steve, I had a great day.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Ray P

#128 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Ray P »

I've been chilling after the drive back, just sorry to have had to leave early due to Judy being unwell but she was pleased to see me arrive home so some good behavious points in the bank.

The meeting was well worth the drive up from Somerset, interesting developments on show and it's good to meet up with people, both familiar and new. I wonder if Morgan Jones gets mistaken for that Ray bloke... :lol:

I've come back feeling motivated to get on with my unfinished projects and maybe have something for next year's get together.

A big thank you to Steve for organising and enjoy the rest of the weekend chaps

Ray
JohnG
Old Hand

#129 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by JohnG »

Firstly one for Steve, Thank you for putting in the foot work to put on a Day offering this Experience.
Secondly, a Thank you to all who attend and especially those who exhibit, it was a great turn out.
The Quaser OB's had caught my ear, I sensed there were a few positioning concerns as they were being shunted around, but for me, I was engrossed and will be considering a Pair of these.
Nicks 'Prototype TT' was very special, not just the performance but the uniqueness of the design as well, I fully understand why he claims ' I just want one ' :mrgreen:
I have a latest speed controller in my possession, kindly loaned by Nick, I will set up a mini event local, and get the feed back of a few different individuals on the way it compares to my Nigel Speed Controller on a PTP Solid 9.
For those who felt the love for the 57's reignite, my pleasure to have put them out to be listened to.
Great Day, Great People, Great Food and Hospitality.
Neal
Shed dweller

#130 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Neal »

Seconded, a great day even though I had to depart a bit earlier. The speed controller was intriguing and I would like to try it with my Lenovo at some point. Many thanks Steve for a great day again.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#131 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by simon »

Another really good day, thanks for organising again Steve. Fingers crossed for next year. Great to catch up with so many, and meet some new peeps.

I've sorted through the photos and done an initial page, but I've no more time now so it's published without any words. Might find some time tonight. In the meantime the photos are here:

https://simonsnewadventuresinhifi.blogs ... -2019.html
Neal
Shed dweller

#132 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Neal »

Blooming auto correct *Lenco
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#133 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Cressy Snr »

A great meet.
Good sounds, some nice equipment, good company, what more could you want. :)
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Ray P

#134 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by Ray P »

Thanks for the pictures Simon.

Hope everyone who stayed is having fun today.

I forgot to mention;

Simon (the other one) - did you collect your Emminence bass units that I left for you? Thanks for the loan.
Mike (Little Eddy) - I looked out for you (and a MoFo) at Owston but clearly our paths didn't cross so I'll send you a PayPal payment for the caps shortly.

Ray
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#135 Re: Attendees Owston 1/2 June 19

Post by jack »

Awesome. Really good to see and listen to all that good work .

Especially liked the 13E1 SET. Too much other good stuff to mention. Special thanks to Colin for great info on veneering and to Simon and Steve c for taking me to/from station.

Thanks again to t'other Steve for organising everything. Great fun.

We may be small in number but house Kent remembers the North!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt