Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
User avatar
jack
Social outcast
Posts: 3123
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: No longer living somewhere stupidly hot...
Contact:

Re: Nixie porn...

Post by jack » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:04 am

Dave the bass wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:27 am
Ray P wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:21 am
I want one. :thumbright:

Just one little matter...
Here's a kit supplier if you do fancy building a Nixie clock Ray https://www.pvelectronics.co.uk/index.p ... x&cPath=21

I did one a few years ago, its still looking fab.
PV Electronics are good kits...

I have had that clock from Dalibor for a while but it didn't work with the WiFi in my apartment in Dubai.

Now back in the UK is the first time I've been able to run it properly. The tubes are massive and beautiful. It's awesome. Dalibor has awesome skills...

Cressy Snr
Social Sevices have been notified
Posts: 8393
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 am
Location: South Yorks.

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Cressy Snr » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:06 am

Neal wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:31 am
Happy Christmas everyone!
Indeed!
A merry Christmas!
“ What a load of cobblers! ”.....Said Dougal.

User avatar
ed
retired
Posts: 3838
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Bah humbug!
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be

User avatar
Ray P
Shed dweller
Posts: 2901
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:56 am

Happy Christmas everyone!

User avatar
jack
Social outcast
Posts: 3123
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: No longer living somewhere stupidly hot...
Contact:

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:01 am

Indeed! Have an excellent and laughter-filled day!

Ant
Old Hand
Posts: 772
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:45 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Listening to classic fm via the squeeze box. I haven't had any time over the last couple of weeks to listen to anything at all with all the Christmas and new year prep plus the kids being off and trying to get builds squared away before the new year (which I failed miserably at there's still another 3....)
I have to say that the squeeze box is coping admirably well in the wifi network. With the first one I had that died, it was next to unusable on wifi with buffering issues. Not so with the new router I got off virgin media before Christmas. The old superhub 2 got replaced by the engineer who came out to sort issues, the superhub 3 or whatever it is has no problem. Son number one is playing an online game on the ps4, son number 2 is using the Mac where lms resides to play another online game, daughter is on her phone, so is she who must be obeyed, and there has been no dropouts at all.
And the sound coming out of it is really nice.
Forgot how nice sounding these things actually are

User avatar
shane
Shed dweller
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Kept in a cool dry place.

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:52 pm

First leg-stretch of 2019

Image

User avatar
IslandPink
No idea why I do this anymore
Posts: 6833
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Denbigh, N.Wales

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:50 pm

I'm going to see this next week :
https://www.theatrclwyd.com/en/whats-on/free-solo/
I might take a sofa along, to hide behind.
"The bass is the king of the instruments - it has no known natural predator" (Wobble)

User avatar
Ray P
Shed dweller
Posts: 2901
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:20 pm

IslandPink wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:50 pm
I'm going to see this next week :
https://www.theatrclwyd.com/en/whats-on/free-solo/
I might take a sofa along, to hide behind.
I can feel the panic just thinking about it!

User avatar
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power
Posts: 10964
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: NW Kent, Darn Sarf innit.

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Ray P wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:20 pm
IslandPink wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:50 pm
I'm going to see this next week :
https://www.theatrclwyd.com/en/whats-on/free-solo/
I might take a sofa along, to hide behind.
I can feel the panic just thinking about it!
Its only a sofa! Pull yourself together man! Arf!
Dirt eating, low-voltage boy but "'Occasionally phenomenal'"

User avatar
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power
Posts: 18242
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: The Fens
Contact:

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:02 pm

shane wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:52 pm
First leg-stretch of 2019
Oo where's that?
 
I never make the same mistake twice. Instead I prefer to fill my day with a variety of different mistakes

User avatar
shane
Shed dweller
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Kept in a cool dry place.

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:45 pm

(50.3081829, -3.9798876) 😀

Sitting on St Anchorite’s Rock, about half way between Noss Mayo and Mothecombe. Burgh Island and Hope Cove in the distance.

User avatar
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power
Posts: 18242
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: The Fens
Contact:

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:13 pm

OK! :thumbright:
 
I never make the same mistake twice. Instead I prefer to fill my day with a variety of different mistakes

Neal
Needs to get out more
Posts: 1832
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:57 am
Location: From the land of the Bodgers

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Neal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:29 pm

Ant wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:32 pm
Listening to classic fm via the squeeze box. I haven't had any time over the last couple of weeks to listen to anything at all with all the Christmas and new year prep plus the kids being off and trying to get builds squared away before the new year (which I failed miserably at there's still another 3....)
I have to say that the squeeze box is coping admirably well in the wifi network. With the first one I had that died, it was next to unusable on wifi with buffering issues. Not so with the new router I got off virgin media before Christmas. The old superhub 2 got replaced by the engineer who came out to sort issues, the superhub 3 or whatever it is has no problem. Son number one is playing an online game on the ps4, son number 2 is using the Mac where lms resides to play another online game, daughter is on her phone, so is she who must be obeyed, and there has been no dropouts at all.
And the sound coming out of it is really nice.
Forgot how nice sounding these things actually are
SlimDevices got the concept pretty much spot on IMHO Ant. RPi’s are all very good and interesting to play with but do lack a certain turn-key ease of use that is so evident with the SB.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

User avatar
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power
Posts: 10964
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: NW Kent, Darn Sarf innit.

Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Top class Christmas pressie this year from our-Thomas, awethumne!
Image
Dirt eating, low-voltage boy but "'Occasionally phenomenal'"

Post Reply