Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Subjects that don't have their own home
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#91 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by mainscablesrus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:42 am As I am doing the North West Audio Hi-Fi show the weekend before I am now not sure if I will come, it depends how knackered I am in the week before.
Lightweight :nike:
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#92 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

No, 71 today with terminal cancer that I am surviving, but the drugs have serious side effects. Now what is your excuse for being an arse!
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#93 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by mainscablesrus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:57 pm No, 71 today with terminal cancer that I am surviving, but the drugs have serious side effects. Now what is your excuse for being an arse!
IYO only and that of your ass wipes. LOL

We all terminate some day, lugging 30+ heavy boxes from the shop into the van and out to my room then back again on my own as I do for most shows will probably be my downfall which you will probably celebrate as I often get the impression you would welcome MCRU not being in existence at least you can go pick on someone else then maybe?
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#94 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You stick your head above the forum parapet with grossly overpriced shite, on top of which at least one of them is illegal in the UK and you refuse to stop selling it, thereby breaking the law. There are more than a few of us who feel the same, YOU and others like you are the #1 problem in our hobby.

You are a personable nice guy in person, like me, but we both have hidden personas, you problem is your business and it is a bloody disgrace, it is just slurp and nothing else. My problem is I am on a campaign against people in our hobby who act like you. As I said you stick your head above the parapet to be shot at, so you get shot at, most of the other slurpers give a far lower profile and rely on the bullshit blogs like Pig and the corrupt magazines to find most of their victims.

Curiously this forum has the people who have the the total opposite attitude to you, they build it themselves for relative peanuts. I have been to two of your bake-offs and I struggle to see anyone there who would be your customer. I mean I ask you, say again how much that speaker amp combo you used sells for. In Uddersfield you could buy a house for that.

Anyway we are well off topic, I really don't think we can see eye to eye about this industry in any way. I have spent 40 years trying to counter the bullshit and slurp and brainwash that has at times dominated this industry, in the past I could be lied about dismissed called mad and everything else that went with it because what I said was a threat to the crooks who virtually ran this industry, BUT because of the internet more and more people are seeing it my way, roll on the days when it becomes a real hobby again, not just some business mans slurp, and *largely* the people here are in that process.
ed
retired

#95 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by ed »

if anybody coming to Owston is interested in this Hammond 17123 with all bits as shown in the photo then I'll bring it along.....free gratis
hammond top.jpg
hammond bottom.jpg
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#96 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by Cressy Snr »

I'll have it Ed. :)
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Ant
Shed dweller

#97 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by Ant »

Do not build an otl into it
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#98 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by IslandPink »

Should be able to put a Fostex FX120 into the 30L box again and bring that to demo ( just one, sorry not stereo ) .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
steve s
Shed dweller

#99 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by steve s »

Not long until the weekend so looking through both threads the kit list looks something like this

Sat....
Ed. Full system. Fingers crossed
Steve c. full system, new speakers + diy nva amps
Dave/ Nick. full system.. expensive?
Me . full system, ported baffles /px25
Colin. new OB's, full system with nicks amps?
Thermonic. Full system, new amps + metronomes
Mike h. full system ...side car job?
Mick j. Full system
Lindsay t ?
Mike ed. new amps + speakers ,?

+ Mix and match later in the day to include
Neal. lenco g99 + Phono
Mark new fostex speaker (mono)
Simon c. Later in the day A12p speakers + headphones/ amps
+ I'm sure there will be more on the day.. please feel free to bring what you want

Sunday.....
From above..
Steve c , me , Thermonic, Mike h, Simon c, Mick j, nicks amps +
John g .. full system inc new 845 amp..

Considering we are down in numbers this looks a great line up
We can always squeeze more systems in so please bring what you want.
Again thanks for the support and if I've missed anyone or anything, don't be offended..but please bring it !!!
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#100 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by Cressy Snr »

I'll be adding the PCL86 3 valve amplifier, to my own list of kit.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
ed
retired

#101 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by ed »

Steve mentioned earlier that he was concsious of lower numbers this time and consequently maybe a limited amount of gear...it seems his concerns are no longer....

I had planned:

se lateral fet amp
pp lateral fet amp(if I can tame it in time)
new alpair 10 monitors(no tweeter hooked up)
old vofos for se amp(3 watts with a following wind)
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#102 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by The Stratmangler »

I am going to be bringing the Coaxial MLTLs, a front end (Squeezebox Touch/external DAC combo) and an amp.
Chris :happy3:
steve s
Shed dweller

#103 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by steve s »

The Stratmangler wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:16 pm I am going to be bringing the Coaxial MLTLs, a front end (Squeezebox Touch/external DAC combo) and an amp.
That's great Chris. The day is looking even better...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
steve s
Shed dweller

#104 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by steve s »

Thanks Ed and Steve for the updates
Thermionic Idler
Old Hand

#105 Re: Owston 2018 - What Are You Bringing?

Post by Thermionic Idler »

steve s wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:55 pm Thermonic. Full system, new amps + metronomes
Sorry, new OTL amps aren't finished yet. I'll just be bringing the AMB linestage with me this year, could bring the Transcendent 15W OTL again if anyone's interested but it's been heard a couple of times before. We'll do the full system next year.
Deck: Garrard 301 - Audio Origami PU7 - NW Analogue DH3S
Phono: Pete Millett LR, Lundahl SUT, AMB σ22 PSU
Linestage: Bruno Putzeys Balanced Pre + Hans Polak relay mod, LCDuino control
Power amps: 300B PP 'Symmetric Reichert'
Speakers: FF225WK Big Mets