Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9451 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Brum brum brum! Hayley Jagwarr was awethumne, I was 21 when I bought it, I'd had a couple of vans before that due to owning and moving half a PA system. The Jag was my 1st car. 4.2 litre 3 speed auto, almost as sensible as some of my motorcycling choices I'd say.

"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9452 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

There's a note on my calendar for Monday, but my handwriting is so dreadful that I haven't got a clue what it says. Image

"Brown Bin Starts" ... :shock:

-

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9453 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

My first car was a cast-off from my brother - it was a Renault 16TS with an aluminium head. It was a piece of cr*p and eventually blew up.

Happy days...

Today's offering from the desert in Sharjah as at 7 this morning (by 10, when we left, it was 45C) is a Middle Eastern short-fingered gecko (Stenodactylus doriae):
DSC_0504a.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg_smH0nkVl ... by=nickds1
Last edited by jack on Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
ed
retired

#9454 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

just looking at dtb's photos...in the first one there is what looks like a long puddle under the car, just under the passenger front door....I thought the car might have sprung a leak........but no, wait....

there is exactly the same shaped image in the second photo on the grass beside the drivers door......

a ghostly image no less.........they're here amongst us you know, nobody listens to me, nobody believes me....oh waily waily
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9455 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Mike H wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:49 pm
"Brown Bin Starts" ... :shock:

-
Your brown bin is due for recycling?!

ed wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:23 pm a ghostly image no less.........they're here amongst us you know, nobody listens to me, nobody believes me....oh waily waily
Its a wet mark on the scanner glass, ergo JTS has been scanning wet 'arty' things again, no really, dont ask....
shane
Social outcast

#9456 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

jack wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:42 pm My first car was a cast-off from my brother - it was a Renault 16TS with an aluminium head. It was a piece of cr*p and eventually blew up.
In retrospect, the R16 was brilliant, and set the pattern for all modern hatchbacks. Didn’t stop them dissolving in the summer rain though.

First car I drove regularly

Have I posted those before?

First car I owned
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ant
Shed dweller

#9457 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Shane you do realise you ran that camper van off the road dont you :D
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9458 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Just bought a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756T7R5T

Ridiculously good value for money - Anker are a quality brand - very well made kit and these are stupidly good value - sound quality is excellent plus up to 7 hours listening.

I got them to stop me getting bored stupid whilst running on the treadmill... wonder why I didn't get them sooner...

The previous model, the "Slim" (not "Slim+") is even cheaper (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6DC2ZE)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9459 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Dave the bass wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:10 pm Your brown bin is due for recycling?!
Garden waste collection for 2018 begins...

:D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9460 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

My 1st vehicle, a 1974 Austin Marina Van.

Ace spray job DTB, you'd never guess it was rust under that bubbling grey mismatched paint and underseal.

The inside was great, a mate and I painted this on the inside walls complete with selected lyrics...

It took us all the way to Nostrel Priory, my 1st proper festival, I lived in it :)
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9461 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

I don't normally grovel, but this weekend I'm running my second half-marathon - the Paddock Wood Half Marathon. I'm in the "Male veterans" category (Pah!).

About 2,500 runners have registered, and then me. I hate running, but the cause is good, so vomiting for 21 km over 2-and-a-bit hours seems a small price to pay...

We're raising money for two charities: The Hospice in the Weald - our local hospice in Kent, which gets no NHS or government funding so relies on volunteers and fundraisers for its GBP 7 million/pa running costs. The second is Alzheimer's Research UK, the primary funder of research into this awful disease in the UK.

Anything, however small, makes a difference..

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PWHM-2018-DESMITH

Ta!
Last edited by jack on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
shane
Social outcast

#9462 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Ant wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:31 pm Shane you do realise you ran that camper van off the road dont you :D
That was an old British Railways delivery van that Dad converted. Lots of fun in that...
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
shane
Social outcast

#9463 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

jack wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 am I don't normally grovel,
Good for the soul every now and then.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9464 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Donty'a just love some foreign translations ? :)

"It recommends that the input voltage is higher than the output voltage of about 5V, draw an analogy, if you need to output voltage requirements 20V, then the input voltage is the best around 25V, LT1083CP voltage drop is 1V, if the pressure is too big, it will cause LT1083CP fever more powerful."

Fever more powerful = gets hot. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9465 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Dave the bass wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:06 pm My 1st vehicle, a 1974 Austin Marina Van.
I had the coupe version. :thumbleft:

Me dad had the TC, in vomit colour (actually called Autumn Gold if memory serves)

:D