#167 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ali Tait »

So sorry Max, my condolences also.
Max N
Old Hand

#168 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Max N »

Thanks everyone.
We've known each other for so long on here it's like having a second family.
Greg
Social outcast

#169 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Greg »

So sorry to read your sad news, Max. Wishing you every comfort at this difficult time.
Ant
Shed dweller

#170 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ant »

Very sorry for your loss max, there arent any words
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#171 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ray P »

So sorry to hear your news Max.

It's starting to feel very close and threatening now! Mum's older sister, who is 90, hasn't been out of her house since the start of lockdown #1 to try and protect herself; she's had a fall, got taken in to hospital and within 48hrs tested positive - just have to wait and see how/if it develops but I guess the prognosis won't be great. The irony is that she only has some facial bruising from the fall.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#172 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Tony Moore »

So sorry to hear your terrible news Max, my condolences also.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#173 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by IslandPink »

Elderly people in Wales are wondering why they haven't been contacted about vaccinations yet.
Today we find out this :
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55704017

Mark Drakeford said one of the reasons more of the supply had not been used at once was to prevent "vaccinators standing around with nothing to do".
Former Welsh Secretary Stephen Crabb said his comments were "astonishing".
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Nick
Site Admin

#174 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Nick »

Wales First Minister Mark Drakeford says using all Welsh stocks of the Pfizer vaccine in the first week would leave vaccinators "standing about with nothing to do" and that would be pointless
Pointless if the goal is keeping people busy, not so much if the goal is to get as many as possible vaccinated as soon as possible.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#175 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ali Tait »

It seems the UK now has the highest COVID death rate in the world. :(
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#176 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by IslandPink »

Fantastic to be living in such a great country isn't it ( aside from the biotech industry )
Just come back from poking around some empty shelves at the supermarket too... ( off topic )
Nick wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:19 pm Pointless if the goal is keeping people busy, not so much if the goal is to get as many as possible vaccinated as soon as possible.
I notice at the Welsh government press conference this afternoon, some political TippEx was being applied to his earlier comments.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#177 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ray P »

On a positive note, my 90yr old Auntie Joyce who tested positive after being admitted to hosptal following a fall is out of bed and doing some light exercise.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#178 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Toppsy »

Ali Tait wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:50 pm It seems the UK now has the highest COVID death rate in the world. :(
Sorry Ali but this is FAKE NEWS.
In the US they have a daily death rate of over 4000/day with a total of 407,549 deaths to date. If you mean highest death rate per head of total population this may be more accurate but I don't have to hand those statistics.

Where I live the amount of traffic flow (private cars as well as commercial vans going past my house hasn't abated any since the last lockdown and we are in a covid lockdown level 4 area. Folk are just not staying at home and most that are walking about are not wearing face masks and so are spreading the virus. Most the folk here up north I speak to say the same. So I blame the brainless morons who do not give a shit for the current high death rate we are experiencing. Lynn and I only are only going out the house to do the shopping once a week and once a month for medication. I'm hoping I get the call this week to get my jab and help protect me from these idiots.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#179 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by izzy wizzy »

Many folk can't afford to stay at home as there's no support especially the self employed and those on zero hour contracts and the like. It's not so much they are morons but more likely they can't live without taking risk.

Even if many of these people are ill, they will not take a test so they won't have to be told to isolate. And even if tested, they won't snitch on their contacts as that could stop their livelihoods too. Most cannot afford to be sick so carry on regardless.

The problem is the government support and messaging which is why we are one of the worst performing countries in the world in this crisis.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#180 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by IslandPink »

Toppsy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:13 pm Sorry Ali but this is FAKE NEWS.
In the US they have a daily death rate of over 4000/day with a total of 407,549 deaths to date. If you mean highest death rate per head of total population this may be more accurate but I don't have to hand those statistics.
I assumed Ali meant per capita, from the word 'rate'. There's no way we would overtake the US or Brazil on an outright numbers basis.
I haven't worked through all the steps ( no time righ tnow ) but I know John Campbell refers to this site very regularly for his stats and graphs.
https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data

Hopefully we can get away from using the term 'Fake News' fairly soon, it has unpleasant connotations.