Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#151 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

I took my Mum to have her Covid jab this afternoon. Appointment was for 4PM (16:00) and was advised to turn up 5 mins before.

So, we got there about 3:45, and the centre was only just opened, they told me to report at the entrance at 4PM as they were still setting up.. So we sat in the car, and within 5 mins a long queue had formed, and even though it was cold, with light drizle, we joined the queue and I shielded Mum with an umbrella.

Talking to people in the queue, it turned out the couple but one in front had a 4:10 appointment, and when I politely suggested they go behind us my suggestion was not well accepted. By this time the limited parking area and access road was gridlocked. :shock:

Two of the staff were late, which did not help.

She came out about 4:30 having had the Astra Zenica injection and It took a while for her to get warm when I got her back home.

It's easy to criticise, but the words piss up and brewery come to mind.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#152 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Paul Barker »

knowing the nhs from inside, appointment 4pm seen dealt with and going home 4.30 is first class service especially for life saving procedure, youre lucky someone invented it so quick, almost crtainly saved your mothers life, when within that 1/2 hour window, she should have been observed for 15 minutes in case of reaction, before she left and five minutes say for the protocol. You should be praising the service the poor buggers have given your mum, they could have saved her life with what they did in half an hour.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#153 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

Paul Barker wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 am when within that 1/2 hour window, she should have been observed for 15 minutes in case of reaction, before she left .
Absolutely NO observation afterwards Paul.

Get jab, and out the door within 3 minutes. :shock:

Edmund Burke

andrew Ivimey

#154 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I took Anna's dad last Thursday evening. Lots of 'oldies' with their children (average age, I'd guess 65) accompanying. Good friendly atmosphere, lots of the right kind of distancing and told to come back for another appointment in about 12 weeks. more or less straight in, quick jab and ten minutes to sit and ponder (observation time). No one was sick, ill, grew new limbs or threw up), just passed out(!) in a one way system to the freezing cold car park. It was all fine.

Hooray for the NHS says I, most of whom at the vaccination centre are volunteering too.

Couldn't recommend too highly!!!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#155 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Mike H »

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Max N
Old Hand

#156 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Max N »

I have debated about whether to post this because people have enough bad news to deal with these days, but in the end I thought it would help me to process it.
On Wednesday evening my mum succumbed to COVID. She was very frail and had moved into a nursing home with dad earlier in the year. She tested positive at the weekend and was taken to hospital on Monday evening. She was on the same ward that cared for my Dad so well in the first wave, and she herself had been on that ward before, so she would have known some of the staff. My brother got a phone call on Wednesday evening to say things were looking bad. We think it was from the same lady doctor who had been so good to my dad. Then another phone call very soon afterwards saying she had passed.
At the start of 2020 my parents were living in their own home, with support from carers. Dad caught COVID, survived a long spell in hospital, but it accelerated his dementia, so they had to move into a nursing home. Now it has taken mum. If any of you get into conversations with COVID deniers or other idiots, please tell them that now, even with the vaccine, we still need to be careful.
Nick
Site Admin

#157 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Nick »

Sorry to hear that Max.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey

#158 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Serious condolences Max. Take care.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#159 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by simon »

Yes condolences Max. Similar happened to a colleague's father over Christmas. There's too much of it about.
Neal
Shed dweller

#160 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Neal »

My condolences Max, very sorry to hear that.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#161 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Cressy Snr »

So sorry to hear of your loss, Max.
Take care.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#162 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by The Stratmangler »

My condolences Max.
It's very sad news indeed.
Chris :happy3:
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#163 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

Hi Max, so sorry to hear your bad news. :cry:

Edmund Burke

jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#164 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by jack »

Very sad... Thoughts are with you...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#165 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by IslandPink »

That's terrible Max, so close to the vaccine too. Must be thousands of families going through something similar. Best wishes to you and your family.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"