Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#31 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

All quiet in the shops in Bedford... so far.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#32 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by jack »

Going to Sittingbourne today to get the tiles for the sauna floor...

...just happens to be an Axminster Power Tools showroom there too... Coincidence? :wink:
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#33 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

Cressy Snr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:06 pm
I’d still water cannon the bastards though. They’ve no damned right to deprive people of basic necessities just so they can stack a cupboard floor to ceiling with bog paper. The crying nurse video from last time came to mind. Nothing’s changed, and the bog roll bandits are the same people, who will be kicking off and blaming everybody but themselves for the mess, when most of the useless bleed’n wastes of oxygen were going about maskless and falling out of pubs.
South Yorkshire is in the news again.

Halloween: £94k in fines issued in South Yorkshire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-54791260
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#34 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Cressy Snr »

pre65 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:07 pm
Cressy Snr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:06 pm
I’d still water cannon the bastards though. They’ve no damned right to deprive people of basic necessities just so they can stack a cupboard floor to ceiling with bog paper. The crying nurse video from last time came to mind. Nothing’s changed, and the bog roll bandits are the same people, who will be kicking off and blaming everybody but themselves for the mess, when most of the useless bleed’n wastes of oxygen were going about maskless and falling out of pubs.
South Yorkshire is in the news again.

Halloween: £94k in fines issued in South Yorkshire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-54791260
What did I tell you. Complete, utter tw*ts.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#35 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by simon »

Just for you Steve
IMG-20201103-WA0001.jpg
Paul Barker

#36 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Paul Barker »

I just had a test result. Negative,! Phew! Thats the problem with the NHS app, you catch a cold you get tested. I go into strangers houses every day, most people over sixty as young people these days dont own houses or dont have policies covering theire heating. The old people get suspicious of your common cold simptoms. At least I now have a email to show them. And I dont have to dredge up the last week’s human contact. result came in less than 24 hrs.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
andrew Ivimey

#37 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

That's good news.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Paul Barker

#38 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Paul Barker »

I’m now trying to cut through the red tape at work. Sat in my uniform waiting for jobs to come on device. get a phone call our HR is harder to please than HM Gov.

Thinking about it, Furlough for some tomorrow. Might be theyre still deciding who to send home tomorrow and Ive thrown a spanner in the works being well lol.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Michael L
Old Hand

#39 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Michael L »

I was out with my 92 year old mother yesterday. Every type of mask seems to slip down over her nose and she touches everything in sight. Hand sanitiser was in use every five minutes. The bottle I bought for her - well it's in her house of course.
Bog roll had been sold in it's entirely in a Morrisons but I managed to find some for her elsewhere.
Stressful!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#40 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by jack »

Played our last club night of tennis tonight - no more group tennis or cycling for a month.

Whilst I can cycle on my own, playing tennis is tricky (at the best of times)...

Might have to be inventive & daring & go for a walk...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#41 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by izzy wizzy »

jack wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:41 pm Played our last club night of tennis tonight - no more group tennis or cycling for a month.

Whilst I can cycle on my own, playing tennis is tricky (at the best of times)...

Might have to be inventive & daring & go for a walk...
Was hoping outdoor tennis singles and golf might get a reprieve. Fingers crossed.
andrew Ivimey

#42 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Hmmmm, Uncle Joe might just make it, the sun was shining and I went to Waitrose this morning. Plenty of posh toilet paper so thence ( after bagging a couple of bargains) to Aldi, loads of bog paper here too. In fact the only thing there want much of was customers. Lock down ain't so bad!
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#43 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by izzy wizzy »

Never mind bog roll. We've run out of Yorkshire tea leaves and there's none in our local supermarkets. Teabags heaven forbid. Lockdown's gonna be hard.
andrew Ivimey

#44 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

What do you want to do with yorkshire tea bags!!!?

Bind moggles...
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#45 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:26 pm What do you want to do with yorkshire tea bags!!!?

Bind moggles...
Last time I looked they did two types, one for hard water and one for soft.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)