Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#586 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

I see that West Yorkshire (amongst others) has new restrictions in place from tomorrow.

Bradford/Kirklees will affect Jean visiting her Mum, and Calderdale might affect Nick ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Michael L
Old Hand

#587 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Michael L »

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#588 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Michael L wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:32 am Masks can protect against lockdowns
https://www.funkybunky.co.uk/Item/Dominic-Cummings-mask
Nice one. :lol:

I've not heard anything of said gentleman recently, obviously keeping a low profile ?

I wonder whose mask Dom is wearing ? :wink:

Edmund Burke

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#589 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Nice one.
I need to check carefully about the Warrington area, intending to go over next weekend.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#590 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

I see Wigan is on the list but Warrington isn't ..
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-west- ... -cannot-do
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#591 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

I see our friends in Rossendale are affected as well. :(

Edmund Burke

simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#592 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

Hours of endless fun. Find out how you compare:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#593 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

simon wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:57 pm Hours of endless fun. Find out how you compare:
I've been using that BBC tool occasionally for several months and the stats it is based on seem to have been steadily improving.

I've wondered whether I should be concerned that we have a mysterious killer disease in the wild down here in Somerset as we had a distinct peak of 'excess' deaths but apparently not attributable to Covid-19?
Capture.JPG
Overall, we seem to be better off that a lot of places and not too badly affected by the idiots who are swarming to the beaches and other hotspots as they tend to pass straight through on the M5.

I am expecting to start some level of working in the office in the next couple of weeks, which will be a welcome non-Groundhog Day experience.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#594 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

It's interesting to see how the various boroughs that went in to lock down score. Blackburn really stands out in the 90s. Made me realise where I live is pretty good right now, on 3 cases per 100k. Lies, damned lies and statistics of course.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#595 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

I've just found out in the last few days that the local council is intending to make a massive one-way system in Denbigh. This is because they can get money from Cardiff to do it, on the back of Covid-19 money for adaptions. There's been no official notification of this through the post or otherwise, and the work is supposed to start at the end of August. This means that any trip to the shops at the bottom of town ( Lidl, Aldi, butchers, newsagent, Screwfix etc ) will require a complete round-trip through and past the town centre and back via smaller rounds round the back of town. Also my route to work will be about 2mins longer every day. All the businesses are tearing their hair out, there will be massive disruption for weeks while they are trying to claw their way back to profitability. The more I think about what won't be possible any more, the worse it gets. All this for something that might last another year.
My neighbours hadn't even heard about it. I've just signed an online petition, but I'm intending to write to my MP.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#596 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Ray P wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:28 am
not too badly affected by the idiots who are swarming
I’m sat among those idiots bringing their double figures of children swarming the pavements disrespecting residents. Mostly from towns where such demographics led to last nights changes.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
shane
Social outcast

#597 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by shane »

There’s a nice little beach near here called Bantham which is reach down five miles of single track road. Yesterday the road contained five miles of solid stationary traffic. Hell on wheels.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#598 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Second Wave is clearly expected - I popped over to Tesco earlier and one of the things we needed was toilet rolls, they didn't have that many on the shelf and there was a selfish git just behind me who shoved in front of an old lady and grabbed the last three 24roll packs in his trolley! I wish him a good dose of diarrhea!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#599 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Ray P wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:31 pm Second Wave is clearly expected - I popped over to Tesco earlier and one of the things we needed was toilet rolls, they didn't have that many on the shelf and there was a selfish git just behind me who shoved in front of an old lady and grabbed the last three 24roll packs in his trolley! I wish him a good dose of diarrhea!
I'd have been tempted to relieve him of two packs. :shock:

Seems that a way to mitigate a second wave (suggested in some papers) would be a lock down for anyone 50, or older.

Don't suppose it will make much difference to me, I'll rename my house "The Hermitage". :lol:

Edmund Burke

Toppsy
Shed dweller

#600 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Toppsy »

Not a 'rant' but some good news for a change.
Hurray. The current local lockdown restrictions for Rossendale that we have had to suffer and endure these last 3-weeks is to be dropped from midnight Saturday. This means, hopefully, young Chris and I can get to together at long last to measure the Lii Audio Fast-10 drivers. It will be good to get some actual real life measures for these drivers and so optimise the XO with the Supravox bass units and then get the speakers over to Nick. Hopefully the local lockdown for Nick's area will also be dropped soon.