Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#241 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

And as a perfect example why letting nonsense spread online is not ok.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#242 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Nick wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:08 pm And as a perfect example why letting nonsense spread online is not ok.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358
The stupidy of some people no longer surprises me when I share a planet with people who still think its flat!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#243 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ali Tait »

Well the stupidity scares the shit out of me..
Nick
Site Admin

#244 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

Me to
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
JohnG
Old Hand

#245 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by JohnG »

That is nearly as incorrect as a President Trump delaying the social separation control for the best part of two weeks telling the Nation, "this is just like a flu".
Some f**king Flu eh !

As for the 5G Masts, it is a Mindless Vandalism, and probably was a Mindless Flout of the Social Separation Ruling.

I was out for drive today, my first out of the house excursion in 12 Days, going to give the Grand Son a 'drive by Happy Birthday'.
When passing by the Mildenhall Airbase, in full view of the road, on a Military owned piece of fenced in land, used by the on base personnel, for Dog Walking and Exercise, I witnessed a group of individuals sitting out on a bench, no hazard tape on those benches, no threat of COVID 19 in that space, this social separation only works when the individual shows a care for the management of it.
Maybe when a the many have lost loved ones will the Rule be taken seriously.

Where ever I was in the vehicle, I witnessed pedestrians and cyclists, in close proximity to each other, not in excessively large numbers, but out and about and most looking more leisurely without much direction.
So in my small window on the outside world on a Sunday Afternoon, there are flouts of the Social Separation Rule.

The risk is that in built up areas, routines will be developed, that are being interpreted as being within the Rules set at present.
These routines will naturally put individuals into each others spaces, and possibly the routines will eventually end up with the handling of materials between each other, with only a short time separation between the handling, and no sanitation measure used at any time.
A follow up itch of the ear, rub of a eye, or nose and there is another transmission.
Nick
Site Admin

#246 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

As for the 5G Masts, it is a Mindless Vandalism
Mindless vandalism I could deal with, this is a higher order level of stupid prompted by people posting rubbish for their own warped benefit.
Ray P

#247 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

JohnG wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:00 pm I was out for drive today,
John, do you not see the irony, that you're commenting on people failing to socially isolate whilst taking an entirely non-essential trip out in your car?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#248 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Saying hello on Skype (or something similar) would probably have been more engaging socially and certainly more responsible than a drive by.

Ask the Scottish chief medical officer. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
JohnG
Old Hand

#249 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by JohnG »

You are right Ray, but as said very clearly, first time on a out the house excursion in 12 days.
By that I mean I have gone into my Garage Twice and Put my foot out of the front door to pick up a parcel.

My whole journey was in the isolated space of a vehicle, and I gave the cyclists a unusually wide pass by, which in its own is a strange experience being able to enter into a oncoming lane whilst passing by.
There was no way one of those cyclists was going to give me this COVID 19 thing :lol:

I feel I am doing a great service to the stay at home request/rule, and don't foresee a need to behave differently or change it in the short term.
My drive is not a result of a I am allowed to do this routine, it was to wish a Four Year Old Grand Son a Happy Birthday, from a wound down window.
Certainly not a essential requirement, but a change to the recent norm, and selfishly, very satisfying.

I have had phone calls this week with people based in London, and the information being shared is that there are plenty of people getting out daily as part of their so called allowance, many of these excursions, it seems, can be described as chances to
meet and share in small talk with unfamiliar community members, there were references made to how friendly people are being when met .
As said previously, in these more populated areas, individuals are all potentially handling common materials, as a result of how they are living and where they are collectively travelling / meeting, Gates, Poop Scoop Bins, Cash Points, Door Handles, are all being used in a manner, and probably no sanitation is used between uses.

I feel it is these behaviours that are enforcing the Government to send out reinforced warnings, about a further loss of liberty to be brought into enforcement.
If I have by my actions today, further added to this new ruling to come into play, then Hey Ho, must try harder.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#250 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

I'm sure we all could find some justification for a "jolly" if we really wanted.

The fact that others may be doing worse things is hardly an excuse John.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#251 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

I'll not get on your back for going out in the car, John, it has no direct effect on infection, in my books. Likewise I find it a bit odd that cars are now driving on the other side of the roads as they pass cyclists ( what a contrast ! ) - but really, how the virus is going to get through the windows and door seals in the brief second you go past, I really can't conceive.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ray P

#252 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

IslandPink wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:46 pm I'll not get on your back for going out in the car, John, it has no direct effect on infection, in my books. Likewise I find it a bit odd that cars are now driving on the other side of the roads as they pass cyclists ( what a contrast ! ) - but really, how the virus is going to get through the windows and door seals in the brief second you go past, I really can't conceive.
Mark, you're completely missing the point, of course you have the car windows and seals, but this is about the big picture issues like managing the demand on the NHS. We're all in this together, truly, unlike in the banking fiasco.
Nick
Site Admin

#253 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

IslandPink wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:46 pm but really, how the virus is going to get through the windows and door seals in the brief second you go past, I really can't conceive.
See posts about nose and throat clearing:-)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#254 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Cressy Snr »

It seems Boris Johnson has now been admitted to hospital.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52177125
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Ray P

#255 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

JohnG wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:37 pm Certainly not a essential requirement, but a change to the recent norm, and selfishly, very satisfying.
Well, I'm glad you're selfishly satisfied John, here's why you shouldn't be;

To be honest, if you've not been out of the house for twelve days you should look to yourself - why haven't you got up and gone for a walk each day?