Eternally single

#1 Streaming

Post by Ali Tait »

JohnG
Old Hand

#2 Re: Streaming

Post by JohnG »

Ali
Has presented a information through the Artists Eyes, that I have been investigating and have been concerned by what I have seen.
The Link will give a idea of how awkward it is for a genuine up and coming artist to compete in the modern market place.
If a artist with a unique set of performing skills is not supported by the 'gravy train' Music Industry, they will potentially fail,
by not getting :lol: access to any decent funding, and their opportunities to get a exposure will be very hard to come by.

This modern market is fuelled by hits on a site and paid merchandise downloads attached to those sites.
To get the interest in a site hit, the artistic skills of a individual are not the criteria, it is mainly about their appearance and behaviour combined with some sort of projection of being a great success.

The anti thesis to this modern trend, is that certain artists are refusing to release any of their works into the streaming market until they have sold 100 000 copies of Hard Media Material.
It is now being seen that the Artists go to Hard Media is Vinyl, and as a result of this new situation, the newly arisen trend in the Vinyl Market, has for the for the first time in many years passed CD Sales in produced revenues.
Neither CD or Vinyl combined Sales can rival the Steaming Revenues, it can be said they are just scratching the surface.

The good news is that there is a place for artists to generate a remuneration for their work, that will be a viable income, and allow for a further investment into their careers, hopefully giving them the exposure to create a following where they will survive in the industry.

The other good news is that a individual can now make a purchase of a up and coming artists Hard Media merchandise and really feel they are supporting them in their work, giving them a proportion of a remuneration that does count, with the added knowledge their own preferred choice of source in their system has a future in new material becoming available.

David Crosby has been through many experiences with how his work has been sold for a variety of market models.
This modern market model does not suit, as it all about the generation of endless hits on a site, and the sales produced following on from those hits.
The unforeseen has now impacted on how he markets himself even further, and the collapse of the public gatherings, will undoubtedly cause major losses of revenues, which I am sure there are opportunities to insure oneself against, if the revenues produced are seen as so critical.
In this modern marketing model, I don't see much room for artists who are of great fame from another era.
As the remuneration available to the artist from this model, is dire and for the sake of all artists worthy of Boycott, by anybody who wants to see a wide variety of unique new music made available.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/12/04/mus ... esurgence/
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: Streaming

Post by Nick »

Though at 78 it may be the case that if he has no money the fault may be past decisions and actions rather than streaming as such.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
JohnG
Old Hand

#4 Re: Streaming

Post by JohnG »

I have had he same thoughts about how the economic situation for David Crosby had come to fruit.
I bet if he has more memory left than money, I bet he could tell a few stonker stories.

The other point of my ramblings, was that to get a chance in the Streaming Market Model today, your skill as a artist is not really considered, it is all about what is being carried out to get individuals to make hits on a site, in the modern media age, the publicity that gets that sort of attention is commonly seen as bordering on, or being full on sexually explicit.

It is my hope that genuine unique artists are not forced to compromise their persons in such a way to get their recognition.
As said I have changed my thoughts on such outcomes, and have shown a willingness to purchase New Artists, Hard Media Merchandise,
in the form of making Vinyl Purchases.
I am just about to play my 'First Aid Kit' Album purchased a few weeks ago, and then discovered hidden behind a Bin on the Drive a day ago, no note left in the door either to explain the delivery services actions.
You don't get all that excitement when streaming, or the removal of the packaging, or the gentle removal of the Sleeve from the cover, or the haptics with the placing the Vinyl Pressing onto the TT, carefully aligning the Hole to the Spindle, followed buy placing the Puck onto the Spindle, flicking on the SP10 Start Button, aligning the Cartridge and lowering the needle into the groove.
What follows next will be experienced by most, adjust the volume and take a seat.
Fortunately for those that have just put on their Vinyl Media, they know any other media replay will be a lesser presentation :D :-D
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#5 Re: Streaming

Post by The Stratmangler »

JohnG wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:37 pm Fortunately for those that have just put on their Vinyl Media, they know any other media replay will be a lesser presentation :D :-D
It will definitely be less of a faff, and it won't be in a state of wearing out every time you use it :D
Chris :happy3:
norman5MB
New User

#6 Re: Streaming

Post by norman5MB »

You don't get all that excitement when streaming, or the removal of the packaging, or the gentle removal of the Sleeve from the cover, or the haptics with the placing the Vinyl Pressing onto the TT, carefully aligning the Hole to the Spindle, followed buy placing the Puck onto the Spindle, flicking on the SP10 Start Button, aligning the Cartridge and lowering the needle into the groove.
What follows next will be experienced by most, adjust the volume and take a seat.
Fortunately for those that have just put on their Vinyl Media, they know any other media replay will be a lesser presentation :D :-D
You're right on that one.
shane
Social outcast

#7 Calling all jazz fans

Post by shane »

Montreux Jazz Festival concerts streaming for free:

https://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/en ... to-stream/
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8 Re: Calling all jazz fans

Post by Cressy Snr »

Grreat :bounce:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#9 Re: Calling all jazz fans

Post by The Stratmangler »

shane wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:12 pm Montreux Jazz Festival concerts streaming for free:

https://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/en ... to-stream/
I was going to respond with a niiccceeeeeee!!!, but looking at the list it's an inappropriate comment.
There's a lot of quality rock and blues to be had too.
I'm definitely going to be checking these out.

Ta muchly :)
Chris :happy3: