Munich 2019

Subjects that don't have their own home
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Munich 2019

Post by IslandPink »

This from Joelist was a useful link :
http://zero-distortion.org/munich-2019/
Haven't got facility to listen on headphones, but one or two things can be gleaned from the phone clips, assuming they were all from the same device.
I'm wondering if we caught sight of a famous local character at some stage - typically found in the parish of Huddersfield ?
( See 'Vox Palladian Vocals' clip )

Nick, you'll be kicking your self even more that you didn't go to the W.E. room - JC Morrison was there and gave an intro talk.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Nick
Site Admin

#2 Re: Munich 2019

Post by Nick »

you'll be kicking your self even more that you didn't go to the W.E. room
I will live :-)

Not had a full listen to those clips, but I certainly agree with "The Best Value system goes to Verity Amadeus with Zesto electronics". That was the room that I think I enjoyed the most, not the most over the top and certainly not the most expensive, but the most involving. Helped that the nice chap and his wife running the room (who designed the electronics between them) was playing real music unlike many of the rooms. And I had a long chat to the chap from Tri Planar there as well.
typically found in the parish of Huddersfield
I escaped from that video by standing at the back next to the chap taking the pictures for most of the clip. I wanted to wait and get a chair nearer the center than Dave's side spot.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Munich 2019

Post by IslandPink »

I see. Nice to see that Verity/Zesto room.
I liked this bit :
"Speaking of which, the dCS never sounded good in the Silbatone room next to the amazing analog for the last 5 years. This time, at one point, they were playing digital when I assumed they were playing analog. I walked up to check, how did dCS manage to make such a good sound? Turns out they replaced dCS with a dac that Silbatone built"
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"