Grounding boxes ?

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#16 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by Nick »

The problem I see with measuring the noise floor and any change is what do you use as a reference?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#17 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by jack »

Nick wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 am The problem I see with measuring the noise floor and any change is what do you use as a reference?
That was my underlying point. The only reference would be a genuinely clean ground, but how do you know that?

If the noise on the ground or earth is common mode with the associated power rail, cleaning just one side of the power would make matters worse.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#18 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by mainscablesrus »

Retailers are different people to you kind sirs, we don't care about measurement as we sell stuff supposedly to maker a living (no is that right surely you are a charity) LOL

So I have no idea about the GC1 what is inside and any measurements at all, as it means f..k all to me, I listen to stuff, as personally I couldn't give a rat's ass how stuff measures I only care about how it sounds.

Being frank none of you are going to buy one and its another totally pointless discussion which will lead to where? Nowhere LOL

A bit like TQ cables, no measurements specified, slogan is JUST LISTEN.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#19 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by jack »

Not quite true. You make claims about effects into the GHz range and reduction of noise, but don't or can't back it up with solid evidence. I've never disputed that some people believe that they can hear a difference, it's the basis for the claims that I'm trying to understand.

That's the weird thing about this forum; we all like listening to music, but we design and build stuff too, so (some of us) like to understand the subtleties of how they work so that we learn and can build technically and subjectively better systems.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by Dave the bass »

Ahem!

Not 'weird'.

'Special'.

Special is good :)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#21 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by jack »

Dave the bass wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 pmSpecial is good :)
We all know that you're special, Dave. We've known for years :)
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#22 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by mainscablesrus »

jack wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 pm Not quite true. You make claims about effects into the GHz range and reduction of noise, but don't or can't back it up with solid evidence. I've never disputed that some people believe that they can hear a difference, it's the basis for the claims that I'm trying to understand.

That's the weird thing about this forum; we all like listening to music, but we design and build stuff too, so (some of us) like to understand the subtleties of how they work so that we learn and can build technically and subjectively better systems.
Dude I have never made claims about these boxes, if you want to dig deeper ask the guy who makes them.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#23 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by jack »

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:04 pm Dude I have never made claims about these boxes, if you want to dig deeper ask the guy who makes them.
From your website: https://mcru.co.uk/product/cad-gc1-grou ... 8a1a99f6c9
MCRU wrote:THE CAD GROUND CONTROLS WILL SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCE NOISE FROM VERY HIGH KHZ RANGE UP TO OVER 10 GHZ.
NB: Quoted verbatum; the UPPER CASE SHOUTING is how it appears on the above page.

BTW. I've nothing against you personally - it's the pseudo-scientific crap in the marketing puff that irritates me. It's repeated like it has some sort of validity - it has none.

I find this sort of rubbish dishonest - an honest advert would simply say "Try it and see", rather than the above. Again, we've all seen far worse. Still doesn't make it right.
MCRU CAD GC crap.png
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#24 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Dave, does it work in your system.

Ie. After inserting it are you convinced your system sounds better.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#25 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by mainscablesrus »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:46 pm Dave, does it work in your system.

Ie. After inserting it are you convinced your system sounds better.
LOL you are so funny (can't called you Daniel as we all know DQ is not your actual name).

These grounding boxes all work, you plug them in and your system keeps making a sound.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#26 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

I'll take that as no
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#27 Re: Grounding boxes ?

Post by mainscablesrus »

No I spent thousands on grounding boxes because they make my system worse, hey I have even invested heavily in these monsters, they also cost a small fortune and make my system sound so bad I cant bear to listen to it any more.