The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#136 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Your motorbike has more tyres than most cars now Mike!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#137 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Yes! SIX! :lol:

Well spotted our DTB

:D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#138 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by pre65 »

The BMW has come out of hibernation. :D

The old battery had expired, but a new one is now fitted. Tyres are pumped up and a general check-over to make sure everything is as it should be. A squirt of WD40 in the ignition switch has cured a slight problem when setting the steering lock and removing key.

Only thing left is an oil change. I've ordered a oil filter & sump plug washer and I have enough fully synthetic oil in stock.

Ideally I'd tax it from 1st May but I might not be able to resist riding before then in this glorious weather.

Onwards. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Michael L
Old Hand

#139 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Michael L »

pre65 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:23 pm The BMW has come out of hibernation. :D

The old battery had expired, but a new one is now fitted. Tyres are pumped up and a general check-over to make sure everything is as it should be. A squirt of WD40 in the ignition switch has cured a slight problem when setting the steering lock and removing key.

Only thing left is an oil change. I've ordered a oil filter & sump plug washer and I have enough fully synthetic oil in stock.

Ideally I'd tax it from 1st May but I might not be able to resist riding before then in this glorious weather.

Onwards. :)
This could be summer to get out there before it ends! We're supposed to be in Bilbao but my poor dear Wife was taken ill yesterday necessitating an ambulance ride to A&E. She's on the mend fortunately. Talking about northern Spain - it's known for it's wonderful motorcycling roads.I would love to take a bike over on the ferry which is a treat in itself. Did it in the car once. Force 8 gales coming back was interesting - especially in the cinema where the seasick folk had taken refuge. Pity they screened Mr Creosote. Never seen people exit a cinema so rapidly.
steve s
Shed dweller

#140 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

I too bought a new battery for the vrod on Wednesday.. not been off the bike since.
In fact yesterday was a little too warm for bikers gear..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#141 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Michael L wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:46 pm Force 8 gales coming back was interesting - especially in the cinema where the seasick folk had taken refuge. Pity they screened Mr Creosote. Never seen people exit a cinema so rapidly.
Image Image Image

Priceless!

:lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#142 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Best wishes for the Mrs by the way. :thumbleft:

Michael L
Old Hand

#143 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Michael L »

Mike H wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm Best wishes for the Mrs by the way. :thumbleft:
Thanks
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#144 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

What I did today

Line of unrelated context demarcation.
you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it paint your living room pink.

andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#145 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Looks fun Mike, but have you and thoughts/recommendations for this sort of camera? I thought it would be a good idea to have such a camera on the bike/my crash hat so although I may not prevent my death at least a record would exist of the accident that causes my demise; useful to the Police, a memory for Anna of her beloved etc.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#146 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

It's a Tom Tom bandit, but battery doesn't all that last long, maybe good for >= 90 minutes in video mode. Currently using 32GB memory cards, again only 2 hrs 50 minutes at 720p. Often I use time lapse, in that case can be going all day, BUT I have to plug it into bike's leccy socket, and have a lead for that. Basic USB.

Camera is waterproof, sales blurb says can go diving with it, down to 50 metres! :shock:

Must be a typo? But needs extra waterproof lens cap, standard cap is only "splash proof". I have the waterproof one, on the basis that it may very easily be presented with head on 50+ mph rain storm.

HTH

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#147 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by pre65 »

Did a 70 mile round trip this afternoon.

Stopped at Royston railway station for a break, and to watch a few trains.

It was good to find some nice bendy roads and it was not too hot either. :)

Edmund Burke

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#148 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Stunningly lovely weather, the Bullet needed taking for a ride, especially to see how it's going after the 500 mile re-torque and oil change last month when the weather was pants.

After removal from the Bullet-lab down into the sun-drenched garden...., would it start? Nope, not in the slightest bit interested in bursting into life. Meh! So, after working up a sweat and doubting my mechanical prowess I thought I'd best start by checking the plug, whipped it out... It was wet, great, petrol is getting into the engine. The ammeter swings left, so the coil is pulling current and the points are switching. There's compression. Duh, whats up?

Hang about a min, summat was 'not right' when I tookthe plug out.....aha! That'll be it. You knob-end DTB... you forgot to re-connect the HT lead after cleaning the plug post-oil change.

Duh!.

Started 1st kick after the HT lead went back on! Bluddy Wally.

Anyway, lovely ride today on him, he was awethumne. I took him down to as far you can go Eastwards on the Isle of Grain, Grain Village beach. I had a lolly, he had a breather and enjoyed the view

Way over in the distance on the other side of the River Thames is Essex, another country :)

So nice to finally be able to go out and ride on the Bullet, he was fantastically well behaved. No leaks, no starting problems (ahem!), no coughs and splutters, just a very enjoyable 68 mile round trip.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#149 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Well done. :thumbleft:

I once rode the X10 850 miles with a loose plug cap. Amazing it kept working. There was the odd misfire so thought I better look at it when I got back home. :lol:

If anyone is remotely interested I did a 2 hours ride around as a first trailer pull test, but it's OK video has been "edited" down to 1 hour :lol:

NOTE VIDEO NOT 'LIVE' UNTIL 23:30 APPROX SUNDAY 22/04 (still uploading)

https://youtu.be/wthnVK3Ndy4

-

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#150 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by pre65 »

Riding a motorcycle may be more dangerous than you first thought. :shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43977394

Edmund Burke