The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Baggy Trousers
User

#91 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Every couple of years or so, I take a bike to Cantabria with my riding centred around Santander. The city council has a most enlightened policy of smartening up the place and has commissioned a number of steel sculptures of this sort to be found in unexpected places, many of them flame-cut from thick steel plate. All are of interesting forms and high artistic quality. About to book another visit. Roads are wonderful so it's nice to get something back for the money we send. :blackeye:
Last of the late brakers.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#92 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 pm What do the springs look like Mike ?
4-Inch-Seat-Springs-Black-for-Motorcycle-Solo-Seat eBay.jpg
(^ That isn't exactly them tho.)

Next I'm going to try these ones:
2PCS Silver 3_5inch Chrome Solo Seat Springs For Harley Chopper Bobber Motorcycle eBay.jpg
When they arrive in the post.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I naively thought the provided springs would compress somewhat if I sat on them, but either I'm built like a Victorian waif or the springs are extremely hard. Honestly I can put it on the floor & stand on it, and they hardly move. :shock:

Also got 3" ones on order, in case. Better to have more options...

-

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#93 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

I eat more pies to make the springs compress on the Bullet sprung saddle.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#94 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Seriously these are REALLY strong.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#95 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Bigger pies!

Sorted!
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#96 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Seriously will take far too long! :lol:

-

steve s
Shed dweller

#97 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

Mike H wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:41 am Seriously will take far too long! :lol:

-
Put the pies in your rucksack same effect but instant
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#98 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Oh very good. Yes :lol:

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#99 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Dave the bass wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:59 pm
Dave the bass wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 pm............

Thus ended my like of motorcycling. "I'm sticking to 4 wheels from now on....".

Yeah right!
It was a Yamaha RXS100, A bike which I wasn't about to go touring Europe on no matter what! I did 62,000 miles on it in the end before it was just so knackered and rusty from daily all-weather trips up to London and back.

It might have been a bit poo in some ways but it did get me back into motorcycling. Yey!
So, about 30,000 miles into riding this little RXS100 I started to get the urge for a slightly bigger/faster bike again, I'd got my confidence back, I was more mature now and road wise again. I fancied a bike that would reflect that. I started looking.

I found it.

Yes, thats a sensible bike, I'll take it. That pic is actually of my bike, a Dream Machine prepared Pepsi paintwork based Suzuki RG500. A sensible 500cc Square Four 2 stroke. It was bonkers fast.

Whahey!

It also cost a fortune to run in 2 stroke oil and petrol, it was also a pig to (kick) start, the Datatool alarm (an insurance requirement) would drain the battery (and killed a couple too) in a week if I left it unstarted for more than a few days (which I did as I kept is parked in my parents back garden because it'd probably get nicked where I lived at the time).

Commuting to London on it I got ~22MPG. Riding it 'gently' the plugs would foul. Thrashing it was exhilarating but after a few years I knew I wasn't a good enough rider to really ride it 'properly', a friend quipped "it belongs on the track", he was probably right, and I'm no speed demon and I really did scare myself on it and nearly ran out of road from time to time. I put it up for sale, it went within a few days for good cash which was handy because within a 3 months I got made redundant and didn't need a bike or so i thought.

The RXS100 in the meanwhile was left chained to a concrete pillar in G'end in an underground car park and was left unused for a few years whilst I earned a living as a musician.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#100 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by pre65 »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:09 pm
Commuting to London on it I got ~22MPG.

The only vehicle I ever had that had an MPG lower than that was a 6500cc V8 diesel Chevrolet ambulance.

Respect our Dave for riding a beast like that. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#101 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

No respekt is due TBH, it was just a petrol guzzling speed machine.The only people who might have 'respected' me were probably Oil company shareholders :)

My 1979 4.2 Jaguar had about the same 'economy' IIRC.
Ant
Shed dweller

#102 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Ant »

Even the gsxr 750 beat that mpg figure! That thing had an awesome motor.
:bounce:
Ive never ridden a blue smoke, i aways wanted a go on a proper stroker like a suzi rgv250 or a mental kawasaki h2.
Is it true that they have a 500 wide rpm powerband?
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
steve s
Shed dweller

#103 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

Dave I remember lusting after a rg500 in a shop in scarbough in the mid nineties, I had a 250 Kawasaki kr1s at the time it would keep up with a lot of the 600 sport bikes, I thought the rg would be the next step up.. but I bought a yam trx 850 next. That was a nice bike, much easier round town and two up than the kr1 but not half as exciting to ride,
I always linked the kr1 to star wars hyperspace acceleration ... frantic on the powerband
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
thomas
Old Hand

#104 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by thomas »

Yes, thats a sensible bike, I'll take it. That pic is actually of my bike, a Dream Machine prepared Pepsi paintwork based Suzuki RG500. A sensible 500cc Square Four 2 stroke. It was bonkers fast.

That's a lovely old door and wall in those pics DTB, where were they taken?

Not keen on the bike I must admit, but good on you for riding it!

My moment of madness was this he-man macho machine, King of the A2 an quite literally a pain in London traffic....
Attachments
IMG_1750.jpg
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#105 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

I was going to say, WHERE did you find that wall? Image