Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#991 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

Ray P wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:45 am
andrew Ivimey wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 am Next stop Swansea!
Will you drop into Llareggub while you're there?

Ray
Is she an old girlfriend ? :)

EDIT. bugger all. :lol: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Unhappy Childhood
User

#992 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Unhappy Childhood »

Sir Cedric Minge wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:33 am
Unhappy Childhood wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 amdr bunsen, when i was growing up i was bullied at school for being different, and at home enjoyed little love from my parents, especially my dad who was cold and distant. consequently, i grew up with poor social skills and felt anger and resentment towards the world in general, but especially people whose normal behaviour highlighted my conditions and made me feel vulnerable and insecure.

and i can clearly see those traits in you. therefore may i ask if, like me, you also had an unhappy childhood...?
A very good morning to you Rob my dear fellow. If I may interject for a brief moment, perhaps you need also to ask the same question of Noddy? Classic only child, boarding home, boxing gloves at bedtime material if ever I saw one, don't you know :mrgreen:
sorry cedric, who's noddy? i've only recently joined the forum and so have still to get to know many of the members. but yes, i do believe we're all victims (for want of a better description) of our childhood upbringing, and thus which shapes us later as adults.

Rob.
shane
Social outcast

#993 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by shane »

pre65 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 am
Is she an old girlfriend ? :)

No, that was Polly Garter.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
shane
Social outcast

#994 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by shane »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 am Next stop Swansea!
You know how to live, don't you?
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#995 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 am
Next stop Swansea!
I remember Mumbles. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#996 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Sir Cedric Minge »

Unhappy Childhood wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 amsorry cedric, who's noddy? i've only recently joined the forum and so have still to get to know many of the members. but yes, i do believe we're all victims (for want of a better description) of our childhood upbringing, and thus which shapes us later as adults.
Many apologies Rob my good man. If you check the small picture members choose to represent themselves, the Noddy character will become most apparent. Indeed, if, as a new member, you were to check his input on this thread alone, it should be abundantly clear that the man has issues. He rarely, if ever, adds anything of note and if it wasn't for the ability for members to use the ignore facility, his stalking of dear old Dickie could be classed as bordering on the obsessive. :shock:
The mischievous Phileas Fogg of hi-fi fora.
Always find time for a bit of tiffin dear boy!
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#997 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

Sir Cedric Minge wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:38 pm
Unhappy Childhood wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 amsorry cedric, who's noddy? i've only recently joined the forum and so have still to get to know many of the members. but yes, i do believe we're all victims (for want of a better description) of our childhood upbringing, and thus which shapes us later as adults.
Many apologies Rob my good man. If you check the small picture members choose to represent themselves, the Noddy character will become most apparent. Indeed, if, as a new member, you were to check his input on this thread alone, it should be abundantly clear that the man has issues. He rarely, if ever, adds anything of note and if it wasn't for the ability for members to use the ignore facility, his stalking of dear old Dickie could be classed as bordering on the obsessive. :shock:
So have you decided to just come on the forum to attack people or actually talk about AUDIO?

If its the former go elsewhere my good man.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
shane
Social outcast

#998 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by shane »

Elsewhere he's known as Marco, I believe.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#999 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

shane wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:30 pm Elsewhere he's known as Marco, I believe.
LOL
It was obvious this thread would attract alias's

What a bunch of sad twats!
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
ed
retired

#1000 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by ed »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:23 pm
So have you decided to just come on the forum to attack people or actually talk about AUDIO?

If its the former go elsewhere my good man.
hey, steady on old man, this is the place to be for:

audio
attacking people
anything bicycly
food

and I'm sure I've missed something..errmm

oh yeah...flat peaches...phwoarrrrrr
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#1001 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Sir Cedric Minge »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:23 pmSo have you decided to just come on the forum to attack people or actually talk about AUDIO? If its the former go elsewhere my good man.
And a very good afternoon to you too David :cheers:

My main reason for interjecting was due to my good lady wife and I being concerned with what appeared to us to be a new member joining, under the pretense that dear old Dickie was in some way influenced by an unhappy childhood. If you feel that Noddy's comments in this thread are about audio and not continually attacking one member, then I have to say that you are very much mistaken, Perhaps you need to invest in a new pair of spectacles my good fellow? 8)

Also, as Ed put most succinctly, it is very much apparent to me that much of this thread is punctuated with angry young men wishing only to derail the discussion on audio equipment. Indeed, my good lady wife and I are so impressed with the general consensus with the NVA Phono 2, we are considering selling great Aunt Winny to a far Eastern conglomerate so as to finance a purchase. Yes, we are that impressed :bounce:
The mischievous Phileas Fogg of hi-fi fora.
Always find time for a bit of tiffin dear boy!
Bigman80
User

#1002 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Bigman80 »

pre65 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:45 pm
Bigman80 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:42 pm
I'm off to eat some lemon meringue,
Is it home made ?
I am afraid not. A rather poor affair actually. Still, can always try somewhere else!!!
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1003 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

...black bible black...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1004 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Ray P »

any anthracite statues?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1005 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

And so.... although Mr Thomas was born in Swansea we did not go there but far out beyond the Mumbles and Gower Peninsula, into the west. Coming back though we did stop at Laugharne where we visited where The man wrote most of his poetry inc. Under Milk Wood. But, I said to Anna' uncle Robert, it doesn't look how I pictured buggarall backwards ought. He put forward a plausible position that Dylan T. actually used Newquay, further west for the model for Claregyb or however it is spelt. Newquay has a perfect little harbour... etc.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.