Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#136 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Marketing / selling !

Other wise you would be bust and not opening new premises.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#137 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:36 pm Marketing / selling !

Other wise you would be bust and not opening new premises.
Ha yes maybe, not an expert though, I wish I was.

Just busy trying to make sure we all get FREE parking next Sunday as the traffic wardens work sundays in Huddersfield
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
steve s
Shed dweller

#138 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by steve s »

Just busy trying to make sure we all get FREE parking next Sunday as the traffic wardens work sundays in HuddersfielHi
That's great if you can Dave
I always seem get lost in huddersfield
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#139 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

steve s wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:49 pm I always seem get lost in huddersfield

Thats how I feel about Leeds.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
steve s
Shed dweller

#140 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by steve s »

Nick wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm
steve s wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:49 pm I always seem get lost in huddersfield

Thats how I feel about Leeds.
Luckily I'm ok with Leeds Nick
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#141 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Ali Tait »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:47 pm
Ali Tait wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:23 pm
Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 am So when you said "others" you meant not actual people attending but anybody else in the whole wide world who may read it and come to the conclusion that all the honest people at the event are lying and we should go so far as to make arrangements to ensure anybody reading posts about the event , is not in a position to question the partiality of the those attending .

Give it a rest .
LOL, try giving the jumping to conclusions a rest. :wink:

Nick knew what I meant.

See what I mean about all of us knowing each other so well?
if Nick new what you meant , and personally I think he was rescuing your words out of kindness , then he did not get what you meant from what you wrote . Say what you mean and mean what you say , because my paraphrasing of what you posted is reasonable and proportionate and wholly consistent with the meanings of the words you used . I jumped to no conclusions whatsoever , I merely spelt out the logical consequence of what you posted .

May I suggest you now leave it at that , as I have a strong sense of de ja vu .
Indeed.
JohnG
Old Hand

#142 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by JohnG »

If I did attend, I will not have any knowledge of anybodies models or their histories. My vote would be strictly on how the music felt to me when I heard it as a replay on this day. I did not gather information whilst at Owston that would create a bias towards a particular model.
On the around the room presentation I heard three replays through vinyl and I would not know which phono stage was being used, I then at a later time heard a phono stage presented using two separate power supplies, to hear the differences of the powers supplies effect on the replay.
So I will vote with my ears and the emotion I feel when the music flows.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#143 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

JohnG wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm If I did attend, I will not have any knowledge of anybodies models or their histories. My vote would be strictly on how the music felt to me when I heard it as a replay on this day. I did not gather information whilst at Owston that would create a bias towards a particular model.
On the around the room presentation I heard three replays through vinyl and I would not know which phono stage was being used, I then at a later time heard a phono stage presented using two separate power supplies, to hear the differences of the powers supplies effect on the replay.
So I will vote with my ears and the emotion I feel when the music flows.
That's it end of!
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
iansr
Old Hand

#144 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by iansr »

Nick wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 am No, what he meant was what I meant, if we do this thinking its going to change anyone’s opinion who is not there we are hoping for too much, so why make life unpleasant for those at the event for the sake of those who will ignore the results anyway. Those who will take notice of the results will take notice of what we say irrespective of it being blind or not, and the converse.

What Ian was asking was (I believe) based on what he wanted to do, to allow him to make a decision, not to make his opinion carry any more weight. Which is why I suggested we could maybe do that once we had decided what stages we wanted to compare that way.
Blimey, what have I done!? Nick is right, I was simply thinking that it would help my personal evaluation. I have no interest in persuading anyone else, present or otherwise, to agree with my personal conclusions.
"Its good enough for Government work."
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#145 Re: Phono bake-off

IMO from my experience it wont help you.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Site Admin

#146 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:10 pm IMO for my experience it wont help you.

Though trying it and finding it wont help you, will help you :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Neal
Shed dweller

#147 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Neal »

Experience is what you gain when looking for something else
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
iansr
Old Hand

#148 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by iansr »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:10 pm IMO for my experience it wont help you.
How do you know? That's a rhetorical question.
"Its good enough for Government work."
ed
retired

#149 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by ed »

Nick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:19 pm

that's better than guns and physics...imo, just sayin
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#150 Re: Phono bake-off

Nick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Not me, done that, worn the t-shirt. it didn't help.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.