Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#46 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Note the silence now after all the spamming earlier.
Nick
Site Admin

#47 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Alan, are you up for this?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#48 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Jez will probably be impecunious , but come on fireybum were are you .
Nick
Site Admin

#49 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 am Jez will probably be impecunious , but come on fireybum were are you .

Name calling is not going to help here.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#50 Re: Phono bake-off

It is our teasing HFS name for him, I suppose we shouldn't use it here - Firey will do. Though as I showed in Photo in an earlier thread he uses the name himself as a joke promotion. The same as our HFS nickname for Ali, Brian, Gaz et al is the Scottish Hi-Fi Mafia, they call themselves the Scottish Mafia now.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#51 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Daniel Quinn »

I use the term on this forum , as it was he who threw the first stone.
:mrgreen:

come on Alan , its only a bit of fun ,
Firebottle
User

#52 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Firebottle »

Two certain individuals are on my ignore list, so I am happily ignorant of any shit going down.

I like to mix with friendly and RESPECTFUL individuals, so count me out.
Don't you just love valve phono stages 8)
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#53 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Daniel Quinn »

:mrgreen:

Anybody got a firebottle they want to take to the bake off
jayman67
User

#54 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by jayman67 »

oh well i tried :cry:
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#55 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

With one or two exceptions this thread has remained civil and I am tempted to ignore all that has gone on before (I do mostly anyway) so opening this up to other forums will kill it guaranteed.

I suggest as its the first one I have hosted we keep it to anyone off this forum who wants to attend (bring a friend or two we have room for 20 at least)

When its over and if we decide we all liked it and enjoyed ourselves we can as Richard has suggested make the next one a DAC bake off or whatever takes our fancy and invite a wider audience. :D
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Nick
Site Admin

#56 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Firebottle wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:17 pm Two certain individuals are on my ignore list, so I am happily ignorant of any shit going down.

I like to mix with friendly and RESPECTFUL individuals, so count me out.
But that’s the whole point Alan, by having it at a location that is at the least neutral, we should be able to keep it neutral and make it about the kit. Richard has offered to not attend and just send some kit if his presence prevents others from attending. I would personally prefer if that wasn't what happened as getting everybody in one room is more likely than not to result in friendly and RESPECTFUL behaviour.

After all the venue, MCRU is not entirely on Richards xmas list at the moment, but it seems to me that Dave and Richard are prepared to give it a go.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#57 Re: Phono bake-off

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 pm With one or two exceptions this thread has remained civil and I am tempted to ignore all that has gone on before (I do mostly anyway) so opening this up to other forums will kill it guaranteed.

I suggest as its the first one I have hosted we keep it to anyone off this forum who wants to attend (bring a friend or two we have room for 20 at least)

When its over and if we decide we all liked it and enjoyed ourselves we can as Richard has suggested make the next one a DAC bake off or whatever takes our fancy and invite a wider audience. :D
Too late there is a thread at AoS. HFS has been following it anyway.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#58 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:09 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 pm With one or two exceptions this thread has remained civil and I am tempted to ignore all that has gone on before (I do mostly anyway) so opening this up to other forums will kill it guaranteed.

Too late there is a thread at AoS. HFS has been following it anyway.
All good, gets a few more participants to replace the ones that will drop out. I could still do with some numbers as I will ask the pub round the corner to put some grub on all being well.

Just to avoid confusion...........

Venue MCRU Shop, Huddersfield town centre, 10 mins from the M62, 1 minute from the train station, 30 mins from the M1.

Sunday 2nd July start at a time to suit
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#59 Re: Phono bake-off

Well so far the reason for it in my mind has been taken away. The two people / products who have been refusing honest comparison and working with spamming AoS membership on the back of the £50 bribe to Marco, and the shills they create (often against each other) have both refused to participate, using me as the excuse.

It was the earlier thread where Firey started spamming here which drew my reaction that started this, though you should know I have been trying to get this comparison for over two years and have been blocked and even an event sabotaged to stop it. We can see that the process still carries on sadly.

All I will say is don't let them use me as an excuse to avoid reality (even if in their favour). I am still willing not to attend and just supply product if it makes them change their mind, but don't hold your breath, they wont, as I am an excuse, they cannot cope with the possibility of losing.
JohnG
Old Hand

#60 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by JohnG »

I applaud your success at planning a event.
A venue, and a date.
Is there a list of Phono Models to be compared ?
Can a MM Phono be brought along if it is to be attached to a SUT ?