Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#421 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

shane wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:39 pm Doc, when are you going to understand? No one here cares. You're probably right that the hifi retail industry is a corrupt cesspit of evil, but this forum is mainly people who don't care, because they don't buy overpriced goods from retailers, and don't much care if other people do. If you look at all the people who have asked you to give it a rest and stop this incessant pointless campaigning on here, between them they account for about 95% of all the giro posts. Every time you post all this stuff about slurp and so on, you're just pissing everyone off. It doesn't get you anywhere. As Meredith quoted a while ago, never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. It's very unlikely that any of us piggies is ever going to sing along to your tune. At the rate you're going wel'll all be tone deaf soon.
Stupid post that requires no answer.
Michael L
Old Hand

#422 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Michael L »

On the contrary - the post sums up the position perfectly.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#423 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Daniel Quinn »

You all appear to have ignored my point . You are trying to censor the truth like the daily mail.

Whats up with just letting Rd explain his position and saying yes bit I don't agree.

Rd talkes more sense than anyone in hifi and my hifi experience as been unbelievably enriched by him. He may be a bit annoying by stating his truth is the truth
But

Critique the message not method. And if you agree with hI'm but still think he is a wanker. Why would you argue .
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#424 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dave the bass »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:56 pm I am a member
<Sniggers>

Correct. You are a "member". If you say so.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Nick
Site Admin

#425 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 pm You all appear to have ignored my point . You are trying to censor the truth like the daily mail.

Whats up with just letting Rd explain his position and saying yes bit I don't agree.

Rd talkes more sense than anyone in hifi and my hifi experience as been unbelievably enriched by him. He may be a bit annoying by stating his truth is the truth
But

Critique the message not method. And if you agree with hI'm but still think he is a wanker. Why would you argue .
Yes, that would seem like a good point. But every time someone says anything that he takes as a slight he kicks off again. Lets face it, the last burst started because I mentioned op amps in passing. The only way to make your suggestion work would be to regard RD as someone who had a form of Touretts, and every time he twitches we just ignore it.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#426 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I did address your post Daniel.

Whats the point? DocHB isnt going to change. Imho he should just go away...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#427 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dave the bass »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:09 pm Whats the point? DocHB isnt going to change. Imho he should just go away...
And
Nick wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:05 pm The only way to make your suggestion work would be to regard RD as someone who had a form of Touretts, and every time he twitches we just ignore it.
...but then he wouldn't get the attention he seems to crav.....

Hang on a mo, you and Andrew might be onto summat here!

'ere, this might sound radical....but...you don't think he's a wannabe HifI Guru looking for followers do you?

Last edited by Dave the bass on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Michael L
Old Hand

#428 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Michael L »

He already had his own forum to deliver 'the truth according to Richard. He has been able to expand his (unwilling) congregation here. There's no way he will give this up willingly. You could line up the whole AT membership and deliver the same message to him. It would make no difference.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#429 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Daniel Quinn »

The point being andrew . If he enriched my hifi experience. Some arrogant novice from Oldham. I am sure he could enrich many more.

Look at cressy snr . And all some of you did was turn on on him.

If you are interested in hifi . You would be moronic to ignore Richard.

Seems to me .some of you are no longer interested in learning and just want mums net for hifi.
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonty
User

#430 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by jonty »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 pm He may be a bit annoying by stating his truth is the truth
Yes, but just the once would be fine.
It's the constant repetition of the same subject that grates.
It brings to mind one of those nut jobs that wears a sandwich board stating that the world is going to end in 10 minutes and feeling the need to tell everyone and their dog. Utter madness.
I've spoken to and bought items from some of the retailers that RD has (depending on which way his poison is vented that day) targeted, and never once have lost control of my senses and paid over the odds for anything.
I put that down to me being able to make my own mind up without someone else to do that for me. How amazing is that 8)
Personally i find it real shame that AT has been tarred by his brush and it's certainly no better for it. At all :(
ed
retired

#431 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by ed »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 pm The point being andrew . If he enriched my hifi experience. Some arrogant novice from Oldham. I am sure he could enrich many more.

Look at cressy snr . And all some of you did was turn on on him.

If you are interested in hifi . You would be moronic to ignore Richard.

Seems to me .some of you are no longer interested in learning and just want mums net for hifi.
I'm shooting from the hip here so please excuse my haste to get a point across. This has amused me for some time.
The majority of uk based fora that are hifi centric are populated by consumers. This one is nearly unique in the uk. The point is we don't subscribe to the same conversations by and large, we have more than a passing acquaintence with the random electron and even the free ones. It's very difficult to be lectured on techy lore by somebody that's well known for labelling the audience as 'stupid' and 'idiot' when some of us have enough background/experience/knowledge to not be impressed or 'enriched'.

respect the audience and the audience may(I say may) respect the stage.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#432 Re: Phono bake-off

jonty wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:22 pm
Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 pm He may be a bit annoying by stating his truth is the truth
Yes, but just the once would be fine.
It's the constant repetition of the same subject that grates.
It brings to mind one of those nut jobs that wears a sandwich board stating that the world is going to end in 10 minutes and feeling the need to tell everyone and their dog. Utter madness.
I've spoken to and bought items from some of the retailers that RD has (depending on which way his poison is vented that day) targeted, and never once have lost control of my senses and paid over the odds for anything.
I put that down to me being able to make my own mind up without someone else to do that for me. How amazing is that 8)
Personally i find it real shame that AT has been tarred by his brush and it's certainly no better for it. At all :(
Fucking nonsense, all I do is reply to posts, so the repeat is there because a reply is being asked for. I presume this from all post. I consider EVERY post a question about something, and sometimes I reply. BUT if addressed to me I am required to reply, which is polite (yet I am so rude according to some here) so you would like to post anything you want and I should ignore it and just put up with it, is that polite or sensible - no fecking way!!!!!!!!!!!
jonty
User

#433 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by jonty »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:44 pm
so the repeat is there because a reply is being asked for.
By whom?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:43 am if something needs reacting to I will react.
Why exactly?
Do you envision yourself as a crusader for something that no one else cares about?
Get help.
Last edited by jonty on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Site Admin

#434 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Fucking nonsense, all I do is reply to posts, so the repeat is there because a reply is being asked for.
But the asking seems only to be visible to you. I didn’t ask for a view on op amps, but I got one anyway. Saying all you do is reply is like saying the sea is wet, all you can do on a forum is reply to post unless you start he thread;
I presume this from all post. I consider EVERY post a question about something, and sometimes I reply.
Not not every post is a question, some are statements, statements are not questions, they only seem to be to your view. Also, some questions are rhetorical, they don’t need a reply either.
BUT if addressed to me I am required to reply, which is polite (yet I am so rude according to some here)
Yes, of course that’s only polite. However while that is polite, some of your reply are not in their content polite and can be rude, there is not a contradiction there.
so you would like to post anything you want
Yes please I don’t think that’s too much to ask for
and I should ignore it and just put up with it
Depends on what has been said, sometimes a society requires that we ignore small slights, that’s one price we pay for the smooth running, and what goes around comes around, if you show restraint, then you will be shown restraint.
is that polite or sensible - no fecking way!!!!!!!!!!!
Depending on the circumstances it can be both polite and sensible. Thats why we have the concept of politeness, its a system that allows us to get along by defining how we behave and how we would hope others behave.

BTW, one exclamation mark will do.

Hope you are happy now, I have replied to every part of your post, hope you feel special.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#435 Re: Phono bake-off

Now who is being rude now who is the target, waste of time responding to this as I have done it so many times, yet I am told I am not being asked. Every part of the reply contains an implied question that will just get the same answer as there is no other answer (you can get from me unless I lie to you). So it is you lot creating the repeats, in fact what you are creating is a meme.

Carry on, you are showing yourselves in a real light to the many people who lurk. This performance has been just like Wigwam in the bad old days, cyber bullying, on line gang rape. The untrue being used to create a meme, well others can see it. And if you strangely don't see the bullying then Dave the Bass posts cannot be seen any other way, yet they have been allowed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!