Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#391 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

No way! if something needs reacting to I will react. The problem has become (with people with your attitude) that as soon as one of my posts appear they react to me not what I am saying. Not sensible and in the end always creates conflict. This is why it went on and on with Greg and Noddy - draw attention to me, never discuss my points. More and more of you have been pulled into the same stupidity, still small enough to be just an irritant. Look at active member numbers and then add up the playground kids. I could make a presumption that if they don't post they either don't care, fed up with the children in the playground, or have no problem with me. But I wont, hence the question.

Please note the original post is the subject , not the usual "nah nah we don't like you" (singing it and dancing around you in the playground). The reason for the post is very simple as I explianed. So far two drop out if I attend - any more ?
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#392 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I wouldn't attend.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#393 Re: Phono bake-off

mainscablesrus wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:23 pm That's what these bake offs are for, doubt anyone can be arsed to organize one further down south though.
I could and I would, I would like to, but I am trade so I have a vested interest. Not a good situation and bound to produce negative comments.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#394 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

This seems to be going nowhere so I will sort the next one out myself and announce a date elsewhere, if any forum goers want to attend fine come along.

See ya.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
andrew Ivimey

#395 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

So DocHB you would like to but cant because you are trade...but only you complains about people being trade.

The adults who attend 'dos' are well aware that e.g. mcru is trade and have no doubt fortified themselves against his silvery tongue, armoured themselves against his obvious fawning flattery and become zen masters to protect their well preserved integrity from capitalistic menace.... and so they'll have a jolly nice afternoon together that maywell spread towards a local pub.

What's there not to like?
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#396 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Daniel Quinn »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:29 pm So DocHB you would like to but cant because you are trade...but only you complains about people being trade.

The adults who attend 'dos' are well aware that e.g. mcru is trade and have no doubt fortified themselves against his silvery tongue, armoured themselves against his obvious fawning flattery and become zen masters to protect their well preserved integrity from capitalistic menace.... and so they'll have a jolly nice afternoon together that maywell spread towards a local pub.

What's there not to like?
Whilst I agree. My suspicion is most on this forum agree with the doc re 1500 mains leads and 65 scales you can get for a fiver of eBay.

Cynicism is the enemy of change and the easiest way of dealing with the unpalatable truth. A lot of the crap rd gets on forums is much the same as the sUn and daily mail dish out to jeremey corbyn.
shane
Social outcast

#397 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by shane »

Most on this forum definitely do agree with the Doc re £1500 mains leads, but are sufficiently careful not to accidentally buy one, and couldn't really give a toss if other people who are clever enough to be able to afford one are at the same time stupid enough to buy one. Accordingly they go along to meets ( not in my case because South Devon is a long way from Huddersfield) fully aware of slippery Dave's evil intentions, but still mysteriously manage to enjoy themselves. Should anyone else happen to turn up who makes a living selling hifi, well they couldn't give a toss about that either. They might even buy him a pint and spend a happy afternoon trying to persuade him to lighten up a bit on forums.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
andrew Ivimey

#398 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I would say that we all know and agree about that but DocHB just brings it up endlessly like a scratched record. And he is very, not extremely, rude when he posts.

Like Jeremy Corbyn when the Sun and Mail just went fsr too far with their opprobrium and people just got sick of it, so nearly voted him in, DocHB is doing the same to his own credibility when he really only has one thing to say endlessly. I dont think he really wants to meet anyone unless he can sell something to them.

Methinks he protests too much - apologies to old Bill from Stratford.
andrew Ivimey

#399 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I would say that we all know and agree about that but DocHB just brings it up endlessly like a scratched record. And he is very, not extremely, rude when he posts.

Like Jeremy Corbyn when the Sun and Mail just went fsr too far with their opprobrium and people just got sick of it, so nearly voted him in, DocHB is doing the same to his own credibility when he really only has one thing to say endlessly. I dont think he really wants to meet anyone unless he can sell something to them.

andrew Ivimey

#400 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Apologies for repeating myself myself.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#401 Re: Phono bake-off

andrew Ivimey wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:23 pm I would say that we all know and agree about that but DocHB just brings it up endlessly like a scratched record. And he is very, not extremely, rude when he posts.

Give me a date and I will visit you and bring some stuff if you want, but I will refuse to sell it to you 'cos you think that is all I want. I will with pleasure not sell to you, never has been my purpose, sales take cars of themselves with no problem. What I want is people to hear NVA so they stop telling lies about it and actually know what we are about.. How many time do I have to say this until it finally stops people saying stupid things.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#402 Re: Phono bake-off

shane wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:19 pm Most on this forum definitely do agree with the Doc re £1500 mains leads, but are sufficiently careful not to accidentally buy one, and couldn't really give a toss if other people who are clever enough to be able to afford one are at the same time stupid enough to buy one. Accordingly they go along to meets ( not in my case because South Devon is a long way from Huddersfield) fully aware of slippery Dave's evil intentions, but still mysteriously manage to enjoy themselves. Should anyone else happen to turn up who makes a living selling hifi, well they couldn't give a toss about that either. They might even buy him a pint and spend a happy afternoon trying to persuade him to lighten up a bit on forums.
The people who do this like MCRU and Russ Andrews should be shamed and teased publicly by all of us until they stop the stupid rip-offs.
Nick
Site Admin

#403 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Whilst I agree. My suspicion is most on this forum agree with the doc re 1500 mains leads and 65 scales you can get for a fiver of eBay.
As always I would never presume to know what most of the forum members think, but I will point out that the cables that are that price are Isotek and Black Rhodium products. Most of the ones that David makes himself are in the £100-£300 range. If any of you have ever seen David at a show the normal conversation is:

Customer: what mains cable should I buy?

David: What budget do you have, tell me that and I will tell you the best thing to get.

To me that is not high powered selling at its most exploitative.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey

#404 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Well that wasn't rude all things considered but why on earth would I want NVA stuff. I fathom its built by you, solid state and reasonably good. I really don't need any more stuff; I just like listening to the music.

The only things mcru has done to me was lend some of the rhodium cable - I was not sufficiently impressed, and give me some other cables. Not really hard sell unless he has a very cunning plan yet to mature!

And no one on this forum keeps telling porkies about NVA equipment whereas your repititions feel very close to madness or clinically, paranoia.
ed
retired

#405 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by ed »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:40 pm
The people who do this like MCRU and Russ Andrews should be shamed and teased publicly by all of us until they stop the stupid rip-offs.
I have no horse in this race(excuse using somebodies war cry and excuse perpetuating the OT) but this seems a bit evangelical. RD you have your own forum to pursue your cause but to come here and incite me('should be shamed publicly by all of us') is too proscriptive for me. many others I am guessing as well.

DQ summed it up eloquently in a past post, to paraphrase, kicking off in somebody elses playground.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be