Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#16 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:14 pm As those of you who know me well and maybe those who don't but are reading this anyway there is no selling involved or any pressure to buy anything, its a bunch of old farts enjoying themselves, simple really!
As they say "well you would say that, wouldn't you".

Well that is rather contra to the way you behaved at AoS and other forums. I have never seen so much shilling and spamming in my life. So my instinctive reaction to you is this is just another scam.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#17 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Ali Tait »

Well those of us that know him personally know better.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#18 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Yeh! :roll: and how much have you bought from him because of your friendship. Every second hand car salesman wants to be your best friend.

Anyway I will back off and leave it up to others to comment, just putting a bit of opposed view balance into the reality (or lack of).
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#19 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm Yeh! :roll: and how much have you bought from him because of your friendship. Every second hand car salesman wants to be your best friend
Very, very cynical Richard. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Cressy Snr »

Well I've known David for years.
Never bought owt off him, probably never will as I'm not in that market, but he's good company and a generous guy.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#21 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Last comment - well Cressy that just means he is a good salesman, he has sold himself to you. Didn't you see his AoS spam and employed shill campaigns, cables, mains leads, fuses, all employed shills. He gets you as friend gives you good deals and then asks you to promote them on the forums, it is the new forum scam / game for dealers and some direct sellers.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#22 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm Yeh! :roll: and how much have you bought from him because of your friendship. Every second hand car salesman wants to be your best friend.

Pot - kettle - black ? :lol:

Who started a hi-fi forum to make friends AND SELL THEM DIRECT products that he makes ?

Dunn deal maybe ? :lol: :lol:

On all the (pleasant) occasions I've met David Brooks he has NEVER tried to sell me anything, and on one occasion actually gave he a quite valuable item for nothing. A true enthusiast, and almost to generous for his own good.

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#23 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Nick »

Who started a hi-fi forum to make friends AND SELL THEM DIRECT products that he makes ?
I think that’s a bit unfair Phil, There is very very little on HFS about selling NVA stuff, there are some owners happy with what they have.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#24 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Ray P »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:00 am And the hidden motive is :lol: :P
I think that's a little unfair too and it's unwise for people who live in glasshouses to throw stones. The cynic in me might wonder about the motivation for your activities here too, after all you are an active seller of audio equipment?
Last edited by Ray P on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#25 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Cressy Snr »

Indeed Nick,
Richard has in large letters at the top of his homepage. THIS IS NOT A NVA FORUM.
Sorry Phil, that won't stick.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#26 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:16 pm
I think that’s a bit unfair Phil,
Perhaps, but is Richard any less "unfair" in what he suggests Davids motives are ?

Edmund Burke

Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#27 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Scottmoose »

As far as I can see, David stated clearly:
As those of you who know me well and maybe those who don't but are reading this anyway there is no selling involved or any pressure to buy anything, its a bunch of old farts enjoying themselves, simple really!
Job done, and I for one appreciate his offer of hosting. So, cheers Dave, very kind of you.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:00 am And the hidden motive is :lol: :P

BTW does the sign on the front of his shop rotate.

I know you like him Nick but I hope that doesn't mean we all have to, 'cos I have distinct case of jaundice when it comes to hi-fi retailers. Not yellow but red with little steam puffs coming out of my ears. Well if it is genuine I suppose it is a way he can give back a little of the 30 to 70% he takes from every customer.

I may be in the minority here, we will see, but I have my opinion from over 40 years of experience of them as a genre.
Since it doesn't affect you in the slightest Richard, you have nothing to either worry or complain about. It's none of your business what we do up here in the desolate north.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#28 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Ray P wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:20 pm
I think that's a little unfair too and it's unwise for people who live in glasshouses to throw stones. The cynic in me might wonder about the motivation for your activities here too, after all you are an active seller of audio equipment?
If that was the case I would slime up to you the way MCRU does. I have certainly lost far more sales with my forum activity than gained them. I have explained my business so many times I am not going to waste my time on you, if you interested then search. Serve it to say I don't look for sales, I am a one man business and intend to stay that way, so when ever I get to the point of exceeding the non vat trading limit I turn away sales. I offer bargains of marked 2nd stock or traded in, I promote those as bargains. That is about all the promotion I do. My desire is for people to hear NVA and not have it blocked by industry and forum politics as has happened through out the life of the products. People buy NVA I don't sell it.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#29 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by pre65 »

Cressy Snr wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:21 pm Indeed Nick,
Richard has in large letters at the top of his homepage. THIS IS NOT A NVA FORUM.
Sorry Phil, that won't stick.
Since when did a few words matter to Richard ?

There is part of Richards forum devoted to all things NVA (including ex demo and damaged items FOR SALE) so go figure.

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#30 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Moose bollocks yet again, blimey you must have loads of calves in tow :lol: :lol:

So you are saying I have no right to comment about things in this industry that concern me, I have been doing it for over 30 years given any opportunity. DQ found one the other day from 20 years ago, and I will continue to do so - put a bullshitting slurping what to my opinion is a crook in front of me and you can guarantee I will comment.