Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Subjects that don't have their own home
savvypaul
User

#376 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by savvypaul »

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:53 pm I suggest close HFS and come here, your sales will increase I can guarantee that much, your entourage do more harm than good, at least 1 person said to me today he wouldn't mind an NVA phono stage but there is too much baggage goes with it.
AFAIK reading or joining HFS is not a condition of purchasing NVA equipment.

The idea that someone should close their forum, because someone doesn't like it, is ludicrous.
savvypaul
User

#377 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by savvypaul »

Toppsy wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:03 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:46 pm Anton - so it is still a waste of time trying to talk to you, when you grow up and stop throwing your toys around (as you did on the forum) we will talk again - or not - up to you.
The pot calling the kettle black
Having a personal dislike for one of the participants does not make you a reliable judge...
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#378 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:29 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:53 pm I suggest close HFS and come here, your sales will increase I can guarantee that much, your entourage do more harm than good, at least 1 person said to me today he wouldn't mind an NVA phono stage but there is too much baggage goes with it.

The idea that someone should close their forum, because someone doesn't like it, is ludicrous.
Paul when I met you , you struck me as a nice chap, quite intelligent in fact. My opinion remains the same.

When a punter is considering buying NVA equipment whatever it may be, the majority will google the brand and look for what people have to say about it. No one buys anything these days without researching it first. We can't even go on holiday nowadays without reading trip advisor first!

Said person researching NVA will 100% guaranteed come across the HFS forum, are you seriously saying the forum helps sales?

Anyway back on TOPIC.

Next meeting at my place is TURNTABLES.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
savvypaul
User

#379 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by savvypaul »

mainscablesrus wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:41 pm
savvypaul wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Paul when I met you , you struck me as a nice chap, quite intelligent in fact. My opinion remains the same.

When a punter is considering buying NVA equipment whatever it may be, the majority will google the brand and look for what people have to say about it. No one buys anything these days without researching it first. We can't even go on holiday nowadays without reading trip advisor first!

Said person researching NVA will 100% guaranteed come across the HFS forum, are you seriously saying the forum helps sales?

Anyway back on TOPIC.

Next meeting at my place is TURNTABLES.
Hi Dave,

I hope you are keeping well. I still think you're a nice guy, too.

The forum (any forum) may put some off, and it may turn others on. If we run with your theory that I am 'quite intelligent' then my multiple purchases of NVA amps, pre-amps, speakers, cables and mains unit suggest that it's possible to see through a bit of 'noise' to find the bigger picture. There is stuff posted on HFS that I disagree with. I post that I disagree and then move on. Why would I cut my nose off to spite my face?

From what I know, RD is an enthusiast above all else. If people like what he does and want to buy it, he lets them. If he makes enough from that to maintain a living that suits him, he carries on doing it. If not, he does something else that interests him.

Your advice may be rational in the context of the constraints of a traditional business. NVA is not a traditional business. RD has found freedom from the sole pursuit of more money, in order to do the things he is passionate about - to have that freedom is to be as rich as you can ever get.

Anyways. Topic. Turntables. Cool. Hope I can make it.

Warm regards,

Paul
Last edited by savvypaul on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#380 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Your post shows you up David, not me. It shows the only interest you have is sales and slurp. So you judge me by your own standards. Well I am afraid I am completely different, if someone reading THE TRUTH about this industry and the people in it and the loonies that populate some of the forums put people off buying NVA THEN GOOD - I DO NOT WANT THEM AS CUSTOMERS

The forum is not NVA and it is not me, like all forums it is a group of like minded individuals.

NVA is not me and it is not the forum, it makes music nothing else.

I am not the forum nor am I NVA, I am cantankerous old git, put up with it or not I really couldn't give a shite and nothing will change.

Stoooopid people prefer to have the soup than the separate tastes. You are talking to me here not the forum or NVA, but *I* will defend both against the eeeediots who think it fun or think they can get mileage by attacking them. As long as slurp is the only important thing to you then you will not understand me or NVA or HFS. Even this Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club of yours is just marketing in your mind, trying to create some credibility for yourself and your company. The problem is most people aren't stooopid they only have to look at your products and prices to see the truth of the matter.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#381 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

Next meeting is turntables, early August date to be announced.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Greg
Social outcast

#382 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Greg »

mainscablesrus wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:10 pm Next meeting is turntables, early August date to be announced.
Going on your limited information, I’m expecting this will not be a ‘bake off’ event. Concidering all the necessary additional variables of arm, cartridge, wiring/cabling and even step up Tx’s, head amps and PSU’s (there may well be more variables), it’s going to be hard to make it a competition in any way whatsoever.

Now, if it is simply an opportunity to sample a variety of TT set ups, all comers invited, I suspect many would be up for that. I would. I have a new TT construction which will hopefully be complete before the date of your event and it would be interesting to put it into any TT comparison.

I hope you can appreciate, it would be helpful if you could be more specific on the kit requirements , or even your personal asperations for this day. Please let us know.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#383 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

Hi Greg,
Missed you at Owston what happened fella?

Yes your suggestion is probably best, a variety of turntables to listen to throughout the day, not a bake off as each would need meticulous set up so more of bring your deck for us to listen to.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#384 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Scottmoose »

Providing I'm not stuck at an archive in London, I'll (finally) be able to make one of these. Sounds like it'll be a good day.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Michael L
Old Hand

#385 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Michael L »

I would like to come along to one of these events. The only thing that concerns me is listening at sustained high volume levels. I seem to recall this being mentioned. What are levels like? Friends used to laugh at me controlling my listening levels with cotton wool at live gigs many years back. I possibly am having the last laugh considering just how loud many were.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#386 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

Michael L wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:52 am I would like to come along to one of these events. The only thing that concerns me is listening at sustained high volume levels. I seem to recall this being mentioned. What are levels like? Friends used to laugh at me controlling my listening levels with cotton wool at live gigs many years back. I possibly am having the last laugh considering just how loud many were.
It does not seem loud its just the room is so big the volume is cranked up but you won't get hearing damage rest assured.
JohnG
Old Hand

#387 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by JohnG »

I like the idea of a Turntable day, maybe it could include a Tutorial in getting the best out of a Turntable Set Up.
This is a skill set that is getting lost in time.
As a rusty out of touch type on this subject, a few pearls shared for educational purposes would go a long way.
Steve Lawson

#388 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Steve Lawson »

Mr Dunn.
the baggage mcru is talking about is YOU. Your attitude towards other forum posters is vile.You're a nasty bit of work. Your forum is a total joke. Run by you like some weird control freak with no life. In fact your an utter disgrace to the industry the way you talk shite about almost everyone.

I put money on it your impotenet..impotent men are usually very aggresive.

I would love to meet you face to face one day and hopefully i will and call you a ****.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#389 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by pre65 »

Steve Lawson wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:42 pm Mr Dunn.
the baggage mcru is talking about is YOU. Your attitude towards other forum posters is vile.You're a nasty bit of work. Your forum is a total joke. Run by you like some weird control freak with no life. In fact your an utter disgrace to the industry the way you talk shite about almost everyone.

I put money on it your impotenet..impotent men are usually very aggresive.

I would love to meet you face to face one day and hopefully i will and call you a ****.
Snake oil reject ? Sounds like it. :(

PS I hope Ed's son is not reading this.

PPS I find the F word unnecessary, but the C word (as above) is a total no-no. :twisted:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Steve Lawson

#390 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Steve Lawson »

Yep it is with this fella.Big tough guy behind a computer screen is this Dunn twat.I wonder if his gob is that big face to face.I doubt it. Typical keyboard commando. Problem is though most keyboard commandos are 12 years old,
Quite sad an old man fighting net wars to give him a kick.He needs a kick alright. direct in his bollox