Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#166 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That's about it, but it is an empiric process of doing it by ear with music, and adding layers until you get what you want.
markh
User

#167 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by markh »

Hi All;

Can I just say that the idea of a 'Yorkshire HiFi Club" or whatever was proposed hundreds of posts ago, is a great idea. I would love to participate. Just to declare my interests, I have bought a used RCM and some sleeves from MCRU and I was impressed by his lack of sales focus...

Rgds

Mark
Andy831
User

#168 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Andy831 »

As an occasional visitor but not a prolific poster to most of the Hi Fi related forums, I would be interested in a Yorkshire Hi Fi Club especially if that included occasional "meet ups" :D
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#169 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

I went to hebden bridge once, it was closed (lol)

Only messin chief.

The first meeting of the Yorkshire HiFi Club will be early September.

It will be first come first served as I cannot accommodate more than 20 people at once so when I have a date I will announce it and whoever gets their name in first will be able to attend.

Otherwise I may end up with a shit load of people turn up with not enough room for them all to sit and listen!!!
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Andy831
User

#170 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Andy831 »

mainscablesrus wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 am I went to hebden bridge once, it was closed (lol)
Its a shithole :D I really don't know why the tourist flock to it on sunny days even then the Ganja mists hang heavy across the valley :bounce:

Thanks I will keep my eyes open for your post MCRU.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#171 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by pre65 »

mainscablesrus wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 am I went to hebden bridge once, it was closed (lol)
Lots of ducks in the river, and plenty of places to eat pies. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#172 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Nick »

went to hebden bridge once, it was closed
Thats because the early warning system worked and they saw you coming.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#173 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#174 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#175 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

Wazzzzzuppppp DOC
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#176 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

May I remind you young man that a few posts ago you said the next meet / bake-off would be early Sept, that has now gone. I know I know you are busy with shows, well you are just putting money in petfoodpetes pocket for a mostly empty hotel :wink: much more fun (and cheaper) playing with us.

I just thought i would give you a nudge.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#177 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 pm May I remind you young man that a few posts ago you said the next meet / bake-off would be early Sept, that has now gone. I know I know you are busy with shows, well you are just putting money in petfoodpetes pocket for a mostly empty hotel :wink: much more fun (and cheaper) playing with us.

I just thought i would give you a nudge.
Doubt it dude, I have spoken to some attendees already, its shaping up to be a good show.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#178 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

We will see.

If you believe what petfoodpete tells you then it will be full and fabulous. I have been told different, but I wont be there, you will be, so you can tell us after. Anyway best of luck, I am sure Nick will be making good sounds.

ANYWAY when is the feckin' Sept meetup then, or are you cancelling until October. Whats the theme this time, don't tell me phono stages again as Arkless and Fireybum have miraculously redesigned their gear to be better than NVA (again), and Bigman has bought something that is better etc etc etc. It reminds me of a cockroach I met once in a hotel in China, each time I hit it with my shoe it got up and started running again.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#179 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Because of all that shite I have just had to put up with at AoS I would love you to do an amp one. Integrated or pre power budget or up there with Nicks unit, which I am sure will holds its own against anything.
Bigman80
User

#180 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Bigman80 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:28 pm We will see.

If you believe what petfoodpete tells you then it will be full and fabulous. I have been told different, but I wont be there, you will be, so you can tell us after. Anyway best of luck, I am sure Nick will be making good sounds.

ANYWAY when is the feckin' Sept meetup then, or are you cancelling until October. Whats the theme this time, don't tell me phono stages again as Arkless and Fireybum have miraculously redesigned their gear to be better than NVA (again), and Bigman has bought something that is better etc etc etc. It reminds me of a cockroach I met once in a hotel in China, each time I hit it with my shoe it got up and started running again.
If you mean better than the OTP then, yes it is. The Jolida JD9 is very good. I'm very happy with it. Is it better than anything else? Who knows. Need a bakeoff to take it to, to see how it does. Trying to get the Birmingham meet off the ground. I'll take it to that or send it. To be honest I'm just happy listening to it, not really sure if I care how it compares. New TT and arm in the midst anyway which is more exciting to me.