Audio Talk - what is it?

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#136 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

That is well put, to me, and as correct as you would find anywhere, except the name bone whip- that is utterly new to me. It wasn't Mr xxxc was it? Consultants are notorious for their own eccentric vocabulary and are sometimes wrong (just like you and me!) when explaining mechanisms which aren't quite their domain. In this case though I like ' bone whip ' as a way of describing the action of the stapaedeal and tensor tympanic muscles. They are the fastest acting muscles in the body bar none.You can see why. Google would probably call this effect the 'staepedal reflex' (OMG I give up with this phone spell check)

But even then they do not protect too well and they get tired and work poorly just like other muscles.

The little bones not only conduct the vibrations through to the cochlea- they have a vital impedance matching function which increases the intensity of the vibrations by up to 12 times.

I'll mention 'whip bone' to my colleagues and friends. I used to know most of the senior ENT and Audiology staff in Addenbrookes. I've even done clinics there!

Enough I'm getting quite nostalgic.

Now if you can do it so well for basic anatomy of the middle ear without contempt and anger blurring the picture surely ' loudness, a function of distortion ' is a mere snip.

Genetics I only have the everyday man on the Clapham Omnibus understanding of. As for psychology I'm actually more qualified to speak about than Audiology where I was merely a 'scientist' . So when someone mentions psychology I'm naturally keen to hear more!

End of the day for me is that I find your assertions specious or confusing because you speak with such anger (distortion) your rudeness is as unforgivable as it is obfuscating. I'd dearly love to hear your amplifiers and stuff. I told Marco I wouldn't give his amplifier house room. He was quite cross. But at the time he wasn't actually that rude to my face. You don't have to be this angry and rude. It serves no point whatsoever.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#137 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

As a matter of interest Mr Ivimey, upon what basis do you consider your polite but ever so slightly patronising posting style superior to the Docs passionate , angry acerbic { rude} style ?

please note your post clearly implies it is :wink:
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#138 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am not angry, well rarely and not with you. I am frustrated by ignorance and cut and paste ideas that are popular because some eeediot on some forum says so. I insult when insulted, including to my intelligence, and if people don't like it then FECK EM. They need to learn to read past it.

I am completely disinterested in peoples opinion of me either liking or disliking, it is just stupid froth. The truth and reality are what they are truth and reality, if people don't like it again feck-em. Some people seem to think I am chasing sales or care if they refuse to buy NVA, more fool them, they again need to learn to read past it. In my mind its their loss not mine.

The biggest enemy is a closed mind, there are lots of them here, even though you are no where near as bad as the other forums.
andrew Ivimey

#139 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Never implied, dear boy. An interpretation only.

Swidt
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#140 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:49 pm Never implied, dear boy. An interpretation only.

Swidt
Sorry but that is a rubbish cop out - why take issue with it , they very fact you said what you said necessarily means your elevating polite put patronising as a superior posting paradigm :wink:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#141 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

BTW they might remember me as the guy who had to be resuscitate because they hadn't realised I had refluxed on the op table. The one who had to stay in for week because it led to Pneumonia. And out of the goodness of my heart didn't sue the hospital and the anaesthetist. In retrospect I should have as the infection was a lovely hospital one that pretended to go and then hung around for 20 years resistant to all normal drugs, that stayed as background but flared up on an annual basis. In the process damaging my lungs and in the end causing my stage four Adenocarcinoma I have so far survived for five years.
andrew Ivimey

#142 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Nice alliteration Dannof- so what!

Hmm getting the idea about how to be rude!!!

I apologise- it serves nothing.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#143 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

In that case we can assume you and the doc are intelligent adults and both of you will comment on substance not style and adopt your posting persona for personally valid reasons
andrew Ivimey

#144 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Ah, irony!
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#145 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

I comment on content only dear boy.
shane
Social outcast

#146 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by shane »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 pm In that case we can assume you and the doc are intelligent adults

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm I comment on content only dear boy.

Um.....
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#147 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

O dear. Out of context partial quotes to inacuuratletly prove a point. Give it a rest. Please.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#148 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by IslandPink »

I don't think you're really winning any arguments or any friends here Daniel, much as you may pat yourself on the back.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#149 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

I would look to yourself and others for the reason for that.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#150 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by pre65 »

Dontya just love people who use big words to make themselves look clever ? :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)