Audio Talk - what is it?

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#151 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Nick »

As much as I love what looks like attempting to create a conflict out of what I think was some mutual piss taking.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#152 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Nick »

And for that matter as much as I love the passive aggression in having a dig and then adding a happy emoticon to suggest "its just a bit of fun"
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#153 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

BTW Nick Mr Yo Lads has a new name for you at snakeoil, you are evil Father Christmas, shows his level of intelligence. The others even think it is funny. Seriously though I wish I hadn't been and looked, I feel somehow dirty now.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#154 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Sorry, I'm beginning to feel responsible. Solipsistic of me, I know but ...welll. sorrrrrry etc

Ain't it good to be alive? Well I like it anyway. (this idea features elsewhere too tonight, from me, but really, if you've had the odd brush with '...time's winged chariot...' okay a.k.a DEATH, do I(you) really want to just take the piss?
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#155 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Why not, as long as it is understood as such. At the moment there are too many agendas here and your comments will be used.
Nick
Site Admin

#156 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Nick »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:39 pm BTW Nick Mr Yo Lads has a new name for you at snakeoil, you are evil Father Christmas, shows his level of intelligence. The others even think it is funny. Seriously though I wish I hadn't been and looked, I feel somehow dirty now.
I have been called much worst. I use the evil father Xmas motif to scare small children so it seems about right for that lot.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#157 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Ali Tait »

Just wait till the badass biker persona comes out.

Quite popular with the girls.. :D
Nick
Site Admin

#158 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Nick »

I have been considering getting some LDA jackets made with the logo on the back in the form of colours and rockers :-)
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#159 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Daniel Quinn »

IslandPink wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 pm I don't think you're really winning any arguments or any friends here Daniel, much as you may pat yourself on the back.
You miss the point. Somebody critiqued somebody else's posting persona with in my view a posting persona that could easily be the subject of critique , I merely asked why he considered this was appropriate .

I must disagree with you on my winning arguments , as for friends . I am not here to make friends , I have a 3 year old boy who thinks I am the best person in the world and 3 children { 10,12,14} who think I am an arse . I am fairly sanguine about peoples perceptions of me based on what I post .

I comment when I can contribute or when the internal logic of a persons post is ridiculous , incorrect , silly or annoys me . And I consider it a point worth making . All of the detractors on this forum of RD , comment on his style of posting not on what he actually says . I was merely point out an acerbic posting style which is attracting all the attention is no more worthy of critique than polite patronisation , repeated sarcasm , ridiculous interpretation of what has been said, repeatedly focussing on minor irrelevant points as the focus of rebuttal and the pathetic attempt to dilute ad homien with smilies .

it was a plea to address the post not the person , being called an idiot is irrelevant ephemera.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#160 Re: Audio Talk - what is it?

Post by Ali Tait »

Nick wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:52 am I have been considering getting some LDA jackets made with the logo on the back in the form of colours and rockers :-)
I'll start growing my beard. :D