Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#196 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

if Greg wants the keys can he have them? If someone like Mr Hucker wanted the keys could he have them? He was a member here and appeared to be banned for no good reason other tan your personal take on his level of stimulation?
Its the internet stupid. If Greg wanted to run a forum, there is nothing stopping him starting one. Likewise Mr Hucker, though I believe he is involved with something similar to a forum already.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
isaac piper
User

#197 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

"If I ever see anything you write that is correct I will confirm it"

Now you aren't trying to tempt me into saying you have a BIG FAT NECK in order to get me banned are you? Not gonna work. :D
isaac piper
User

#198 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

Nick wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:33 pm
if Greg wants the keys can he have them? If someone like Mr Hucker wanted the keys could he have them? He was a member here and appeared to be banned for no good reason other tan your personal take on his level of stimulation?
Its the internet stupid. If Greg wanted to run a forum, there is nothing stopping him starting one. Likewise Mr Hucker, though I believe he is involved with something similar to a forum already.
Now that's really hurt old Isaac's feelings. Stupid? moi?

Forgive moi, but moi isn't the one failing to answer the questions: sure, anyone can set up a forum, but I asked if you'd give either of them the keys to Audio Talk. They were both members until you got the Jack boots out and banned them with little apparent reason. So how's about a crystal clear YES or NO answer so we all know where we are. There's a good chap!
Nick
Site Admin

#199 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Now that's really hurt old Isaac's feelings. Stupid? moi?
Stupid is as stupid does, it was a reference to politicians.

And NO, not unless the members as a whole convinced me otherwise.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#200 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by IslandPink »

Wouldn't be the first time someone's coming onto an audio forum expecting to get all the answers to their personal problems, and been disappointed !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#201 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

One of the questions has got me thinking and looking for old documents. I remember laying out the original circuit on transparent drafting paper using Letraset, it was a real performance laying boards pre computers. I have just searched for them, they are here somewhere, when I have spare time I will look again.

It has since been relaid by my circuit board suppliers on two occasions by computer obviously, but same circuit. My current board maker and assembler is Ehua Co. Ltd in Taiwan.

I really haven't a clue what the Lyndsay Hood ref is about, he must have dreamt it. I don't remember even looking at the circuit. The guy who said it was bonkers and nasty anyway, he tried to kill off and ruin HFS. WHY because after a year of his interest in the company he wanted to buy into, I hadn't died of my cancer. He was hoping to con my wife into buying it for peanuts. Nadia is fuming about him and the games he played. So he told everyone I was lying about the cancer just to try and steal his money - as I say nasty and bonkers. The thing that worries me is I seem to meet so many people like it, like flies to a pie I seem to attract them, as we can see here.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#202 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:23 pm The thing that worries me is I seem to meet so many people like it, like flies to a pie I seem to attract them, as we can see here.
Sadly Richard, there is little you can do about it. I have studied bullying on an academic level and unfortunately it is nigh on impossible to stop. Any initial retaliation/reaction to either taunts or playground pushing in the first instance, will result in you being identified as a piece of sport and the bullying will intensify and escalate. And once you have reacted you cannot so to speak "un react" it is by then, too late, so the escalation will continue. It stops only when the bully or bullies decide it will stop, you have no power, they have all the power and will keep it up as long as it takes.
In the early 2000s, I was part of an expert panel trying to develop anti-bullying policies in my school. The best results we obtained were with helping to support victims and the parents of victims, in dealing with it rather than trying to stop it. This actually did work to some extent as the bullies knew we were supporting victims and that they were being watched like hawks 24/7.

Unfortunately in this day and age, the Internet and social media mean that numerous opportunities for cyber bullying have arisen, and it makes it very difficult to deal with. However I think AT, despite the presence of one or two dissenters, is a supportive place and it is a place that will ensure that these people will be tackled, and removed no matter how many times they reappear.

Bullies unfortunately are, on the whole, sociopaths, which means they have no remorse for what they do and have no moral compass to make them even think to question their actions. They attract other sociopaths like flies around jampots and when they work together as tag teams, they become highly dangerous entities. They don't understand humour so piss taking is inneffective against them and just results in more good hidings.

As I said in another thread and I will repeat it here for reference. I spoke to one of my tormentors, years later, asking them why. All I wanted was a simple answer.

"you kept fucking getting up" "it was good sport, nothing personal pal" Not even a hint of remorse and I'm sure he couldn't see what the fuss was about.

You keep getting up; can you see the parallel with my experiences.

BTW the reason this thread even exists is down to an attempt to bully on the part of the OP, both towards you and the management in an attempt to get you banned. The patterns are as old as the hills and never change.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#203 Re: Richard Dunn

I don't think I have fat neck, it seems to be in proportion to me.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#204 Re: Richard Dunn

Ooops sorry for the giant pic, I don't know how to reduce it. It didn't come out this big before.
shane
Social outcast

#205 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

Where have I seen that face before? Oh yes...

https://goo.gl/images/EDmWhP
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
steve s
Shed dweller

#206 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by steve s »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:35 pm I don't think I have fat neck, it seems to be in proportion to me.

Your a brave man posting your holiday snaps around here...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
isaac piper
User

#207 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

There has been talk here and at Audio Talk of creating a thread where I can be the subject. So here it is.

C'mon Bigman, show us how big and strong you are.

(Richard Dunn at HFS)

Well if it floats your boat, there's 21 pages of quality posts all dedicated to you over at Snakeoilaudio.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#208 Re: Richard Dunn

That made you show your hand and who you are.

Nick - what is the rule on deactivated members reactivating themselves under new name.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#209 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by mainscablesrus »

Snake oil audio,