Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#181 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

I have little doubt that there was no coincidence to the re-emergence on AT of several historical members who had been quiet for some time. I suspect instigated by you and at the same time you reminded RD he was not banned here
That would be your version of events then Greg. Why bother with the truth.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Greg
Social outcast

#182 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

I am happy to be told I am wrong, but as ever you don't deal with the point directly. My version might be wrong. Only you can confirm. Your choice. As ever you don't address the point and reply semantically. Not helpful.
Greg
Social outcast

#183 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

Not to mention, Nick that you have not commented on the primary element of my post, which is your kind of deviation strategy. Seen it many times before. I know you won't make a committed statement. Oh well, it's your forum to do with as you please. It was very good once (consider the number of lurkers), it could be again, but it seems to me you are happy for it to be spoiled. Shame, but as ever, very happy to have got this wrong. In the event you will not take any moderative action on disruptive members, be sure that those of us who are willing to fight will challenge them again and again, leading to constant conflict that pisses the membership off. Surely that's not the recipe for a progressive and friendly forum?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#184 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

OK I looked, and something need answering. I get pneumonia about three times a year and have done for nearly 30 years, which has severely damaged my lungs. I am under instruction from my oncologist to talk to them everytime it happens, they decide whether my 4 month CT scan is brought forward, or they just organise me antibiotics. I didn't want to bother them over the weekend so I will call them Monday. My latest temp take was 100.8 degF

I have stage 4 (so therefore considered terminal) non small cell lung cancer and was give 6 months to live 5 years ago. The Royal Marsden Hospital, Dr Sanjay Poppat, and one of the new genetic drugs called Tarceva is keeping me alive.

Fit that into your stupid argument Greg, it is common knowledge and has never been hidden.

I really want to keep you on block so please stop tempting me out of it.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Site Admin

#185 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Seems to me it is time for such an application.
Agreed. I have deactivated Greg's account. That's it. I have had enough. Someone else can decide what the others want with this place. I am done. Decide who you all want to run it and I will make them admits and mods. Whoever takes over can bring Greg back or whatever they want. Till then I am fed up with his sense of self importance and bullying.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Greg
Social outcast

#186 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

Thank you. I become the victim of your very inbalanced control, when you are happy to allow arseholes like RD and DQ to pollute this forum which actually is the problem and you in your stupidity can't see it. Please wake up. I like you Nick, but you really are being a total tosser here.
isaac piper
User

#187 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

Hello people, cuckoos and yetis of Audio Talk.

I realise my time may be short. It is very hard to avoid the Elephant in the room that is Dun's BIG FAT NECK, but I will banish temptation and stick to audio discussion.

If you may indulge me I have a few questions:

First for the Yeti:

1. Why do you ban or attack anyone who challenges Dunn? Others such as Sir Cedric Minge never post audio related content but are allowed to stay. Why is this?

2. Do you have any business relationship with Dunn? Are you planning or consididering one? If not, what is the motive for your favouritism, in the face of so many complaints from regular members? He is allowed to attack anyone but as soon as they retaliate, in you step: Why? What's in it for you?
3. You offered the keys to AT to anyone. Has anyone come forward? If so, who, and why have you not handed over the keys.
4. Will you be reactivity g Greg's account? You did so on the basis that it was temporary and you were stepping down. Have you gone back on this?

Now for Dunn:

1. Who originally designed the amp circuit you use in all your amps? If it wasn't you, why do you not acknowledge him?
2. What part of Doc Mods is yours? Didn't Joe Ackroyd cover the doping, minimal crossover and steel plate part. And Roy Allison the Semi omni part? What part of it did you come up with?
3. Why do you charge massively inflated prices for your pricier interconnects when all you do is double up the same cheap cable?
4. How can you expect us to believe you when you endorse MCRU after vilifying the bloke for years? Either you were wrong and should publicly apologise for accusations or you were right and you are now part of the thing you claimed to be fighting against? which is it?

That'll do for starters but more will follow unless mr Yeti once again exercises his DEACTIVATE function. If he does, what are the genuine members gonna do? Sit and talk food or stand up and kick out the fat cuckoo before it craps all over the best and drives all the other birds away. The keys have been offered: take them and evict the cuckoo.
Ant
Shed dweller

#188 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Ant »

Piss off will you and stop trying to start yet another argument.
Nobody cares any more
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
isaac piper
User

#189 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

Thank you for the prompt response form one of your cohorts but if you'd like to address the question asked I'm sure there are many people here who do care. Like the people whose forum you've invaded perhaps, as well as the other readers and lurkers who are seeing you being called out?
isaac piper
User

#190 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

Whilst I await answers maybe it would help bring the Cuckoo back to the nest if I asked some more questions.

1. Is it true that you used to take trade in items and recycle the parts, putting them into amps you sold as new? I remember reading this in a hifi magazine and I wanted to know if it was true. Do you feel this is ethical? I saw you get very upset recently when someone asked you about trade ins and what happened to them so it jogged my memory.

2. Do you, or have you ever read private messages from one member to another on HFS. If you have, do you consider this ethical?

3. When you built Applemarc's Statement power amp, could you get all four power supplies working or did one keep blowing? If it did, did you sell it to him making it clear that only 3 supplies were working and the fourth was for display only?

Let me have answers to these questions and I will happily provide more questions old boy.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#191 Re: Richard Dunn

Every amplifier circuit is either based on something from before or based on application notes. The input stage including the current mirror is based on an encapsulated op-amp circuit broken down and produced using discreet components (with mods) and the driver and output stage are application note. So to find the author of an application note or op-amp designer would be very difficult so he could be acknowledged.

The speaker designers I stand on the shoulders of have already been acknowledged, many times. Again nothing is new apart from the mix and method of ideas. I think the acrylic cabinet is mine, but there maybe something I don't know of, it is a big world of audio out there.

BTW Isaac is Rudolf Hucker and piper is Jammy. Both deactivated already.

Second post

1/ no
2/ no (I think, as the question makes no sense)
3/ no
isaac piper
User

#192 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

Thanks you for your reply altnough it's not quite clear.

Let me Try again. I will make it a little more simple and where possible check understanding of your answers,

First post:

1. Your ex partner, Jason seem to know exactly what the circuit was when he posted on Audio Chews. I believe he claimed it was a 1960s John Linsley Hood design. Is this incorrect? I'm just wondering how he would know without you knowing too.

2. Your answer here is clear. To me, it differs from your approach yountook here in promoting Doc Mods as yours but people can go back and check for themselves.

3. You didn't answer the question about interconnects so maybe you can have another go. I'm referring to the pricing of interconnects which (all?) contain the same base cable. Is this true of statement cable too? It's many hundreds of pounds a metre is it not?

4. You didn't answer the MCRU question, were you wrong to say he was a "crook" and a ""shit"? If you were, will you apologise publicly and acknowledge your error? If you were right, can you explain why you are now so positive about him when you have made a career out of challenging rip-offs, Bullshit etc?

Second post.

1. I remember reading this and I'm sure I recall you confirming it in a right of reply and saying it was only to be expected or words to that effect. Of course memory can be flawed so I guess the only way to know will be to find the vintage magazine in. Question. A bit of EBay shopping will find the article. I will report back and copy the page for clarity if and when I have it.

2. Let me help you here. I was referring to PMs between members that you were not intended to see. If your answer remains "No, then I compliment you on your powers of telepathy because can remember an exchange between two parties that you reported when neither of them had spoken to you about it.

3. Does "No" mean that you could not get all the power supplies working, does it mean that no, none of them failed, or does it mean "no" you didn't make it clear that only 3 supplies were functioning?
Last edited by isaac piper on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Site Admin

#193 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Assuming you mean me, then I will answer your questions, just as I feel like it on a sunday afternoon.
1. Why do you ban or attack anyone who challenges Dunn? Others such as Sir Cedric Minge never post audio related content but are allowed to stay. Why is this?
1. Because I can
2. I banned Greg because he has consistently been a pain, not just this once, many times, and I have had enough of the cycles of abuse.
3. I banned Jammy because he was just tedious, boring and had nothing to add.
4. I banned Hucker because he was just tedious and I had had enough of his trumpet blowing.
2. Do you have any business relationship with Dunn? Are you planning or considering one? If not, what is the motive for your favouritism, in the face of so many complaints from regular members? He is allowed to attack anyone but as soon as they retaliate, in you step: Why? What's in it for you?
No, no connection, no plans for one, Not that is it any of your business if I did. People are allowed to retaliate against what Richard says, but they rarely do, they attack him, not what he is saying. I have never said this is or will be a democracy.
3. You offered the keys to AT to anyone. Has anyone come forward? If so, who, and why have you not handed over the keys.
No, nobody has offered to take the job on. So the second part of your question has no meaning.
4. Will you be reactivity g Greg's account? You did so on the basis that it was temporary and you were stepping down. Have you gone back on this?
No, not heard from Greg, never said it was temporary, and was not connected to me looking for some other mug to try and keep this going. Greg as he knows had had a history of this, I finally had enough.

So, my turn, who are you, and why should we take any notice of you or your questions?
isaac piper
User

#194 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by isaac piper »

I'm ISAAC Piper, pleased to meet you. I'm not asking anyone to take notice of me. I'm merely asking questions that I would like answers to. It is up to others to decide whether "Because I cam" (sic) is a legitimate answer.

You seem to be showing a large degree of favouritism towards the cuckoo, so it is only natural that questions would arise. Those members here who have complained appear to be picked on by you. You also let pro Dunn members insult them, yet when they fight back you attack or try to silence them.

Thank you at least for clarity over Greg and "the keys" I remember "Stratmangler" asking for them publicly but then flouncing off. I believed your position with Greg was that you had banned him for the time being and you were giving up,

"I have deactivated Greg's account. That's it. I have had enough. Someone else can decide what the others want with this place. I am done. Decide who you all want to run it and I will make them admits and mods. Whoever takes over can bring Greg back or whatever they want. Till then I am fed up with his sense of self importance and bullying."
"

if Greg wants the keys can he have them? If someone like Mr Hucker wanted the keys could he have them? He was a member here and appeared to be banned for no good reason other tan your personal take on his level of stimulation?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#195 Re: Richard Dunn

isaac piper wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:01 pm Thanks you for your reply altnough it's not quite clear.

Let me Try again. I will make it a little more simple and where possible check understanding of your answers,

First post:

1. Your ex partner, Jason seem to know exactly what the circuit was when he posted on Audio Chews. I believe he claimed it was a 1960s John Linsley Hood design. Is this incorrect? I'm just wondering how he would know without you knowing too.

2. Your answer here is clear. To me, it differs from your approach yountook here in promoting Doc Mods as yours but people can go back and check for themselves.

3. You didn't answer the question about interconnects so maybe you can have another go. I'm referring to the pricing of interconnects which (all?) contain the same base cable. Is this true of statement cable too? It's many hundreds of pounds a metre is it not?

4. You didn't answer the MCRU question, were you wrong to say he was a "crook" and a ""shit"? If you were, will you apologise publicly and acknowledge your error? If you were right, can you explain why you are now so positive about him when you have made a career out of challenging rip-offs, Bullshit etc?

Second post.

1. I remember reading this and I'm sure I recall you confirming it in a right of reply and saying it was only to be expected or words to that effect. Of course memory can be flawed so I guess the only way to know will be to find the vintage magazine in. Question. A bit of EBay shopping will find the article. I will report back and copy the page for clarity if and when I have it.

2. Let me help you here. I was referring to PMs between members that you were not intended to see. If your answer remains "No, then I compliment you on your powers of telepathy because can remember an exchange between two parties that you reported when neither of them had spoken to you about it.

3. Does "No" mean that you could not get all the power supplies working, does it mean that no, none of them failed, or does it mean "no" you didn't make it clear that only 3 supplies were functioning?
You will bend and play with any answers I make, so far your information IS ALL WRONG and made by people who wanted to make trouble the same as you do. If I ever see anything you write that is correct I will confirm it. BUT for now - you are an arse, and I will not be sniffing your farts anymore. You are now blocked the same as Noddy, I cannot read your posts so don't expect a response.

BTW he was not a partner, he was a potential partner until he showed who he really was.