Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#151 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Sir Cedric Minge »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Interesting, complete change of personality, vocabulary, and way of posting and subject. I have seen this before, and they have done it before in the past. I swear this is now Marco using Rudi's log-in. They have been caught doing this before - PLUS - if others are right and Cedric Minge is Marco that is just another glove puppet of his creation as he is a member here as Marco. The forum games these two play and are capable of are legendary. Weird people.
Good afternoon one and all. I trust my interjection to comment on Dickies comment above is deemed pertinent to the ongoing discussion, but this is the second time my nom de plume has been linked with the odious dictator currently captain of HMS Art of Smut. I would therefore like to categorically deny any link with Jabba the Hut. Indeed, I will seek council from my solicitor to see what legal recourse is available to me to rebuff such slander!

I am also not associated with the dyslexic solicitor known as DQ (or any other alias he may use) so any further comparison between myself and HFS resident Rumpole of the Bailey will also result in a strong letter the Solictor General of India no less 8)
The mischievous Phileas Fogg of hi-fi fora.
Always find time for a bit of tiffin dear boy!
Rudolph Hucker.
Old Hand

#152 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Rudolph Hucker. »

[quote="Sir Cedric MingeInteresting, I would therefore like to categorically deny any link with Jabba the Hut. I)[/quote][/quote]

Last edited by Rudolph Hucker. on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the craziest audio forum on the planet
http://www.snakeoilaudio.com/
Rudolph Hucker.
Old Hand

#153 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Rudolph Hucker. »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:In your case seeing your personality I take it as a complement. Anyway you promised to go, even asked for Nick to terminate you :lol: I said I wouldn't post here, so we are both not keeping our word, lets let the others have some words, OR are you back into your bragging smutty verbal diarrhoea phase again.
the craziest audio forum on the planet
http://www.snakeoilaudio.com/
Mudshark
Old Hand

#154 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Mudshark »

Sir Cedric Minge wrote:I am also not associated with the dyslexic solicitor known as DQ (or any other alias he may use) so any further comparison between myself and HFS resident Rumpole of the Bailey will also result in a strong letter the Solictor General of India no less 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#155 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Sir Cedric Minge »

Rudolph Hucker. wrote: Image
Thanks to you my dear Rudolf. I must confess that I too thought your account had been hacked, but I will sleep easier tonight knowing that you are in full control of your faculties :mrgreen:

My good lady wife and I feel so strongly about this alleged association with il Duce that we are currently penning a strongly worded letter to the Rajasthan Patrika and The Times of India!
The mischievous Phileas Fogg of hi-fi fora.
Always find time for a bit of tiffin dear boy!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#156 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

I'll post this here because Scott's speaker thread has been shat on enough already.

I get annoyed (and I know I shouldn't) with Richard because he seems to be adopting the attitude that if HE thinks someones views, or experiences, are contrary to his empirical experiences then he does his damnedest to rubbish what has been written.

I ask, is that acceptable behavior on this, our forum, where peace and harmony used to be the order of the day.

I'm not suggesting that a contrary opinion to anything on here should be discouraged, but there are ways of doing that without causing the conflict that Richard does.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#157 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

You're going to have to accept the fact that you two are never going to see eye to eye and move on.
There's nothing you can do about it, you can't win so just accept that things are what they are.
Resistance is causing stress and negativity, both for youself and others who come into contact with these threads.
Stop resisting and the stress goes away, for you and everyone else. You know it makes sense.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#158 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Where would we all be if our forefathers had offered Hitler no resistance, just for an easy life ?

Edmund Burke

SteveH
User

#159 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by SteveH »

Phil, it's only words on teh netzs for gawds sake. Don't feed the attention seeking troll. It seems to me that Scott is doing a pretty good job of drowning it in carefully considered discourse. :D
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#160 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

Why does this thread exist?
Why did you create it?
Is it not just a personal platform to create and sustain negativity about another human being?
The analogy with Hitler is not deserving of further comment.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
shane
Social outcast

#161 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

I think the saddest part is the inevitability of it all. As soon as Scott opened the thread I knew that Richard would come in and say it was all bullshit, then Phil would tell Richard to F off, and chaos would ensue as usual. The only bit I got wrong was my ability not to join in.

Richard is Richard. He is not the axis of evil, he just gets a kick out of "telling it like it is". If you accept that and ignore the abrasive style you can learn something. I suspect that as far as Phil's concerned that boat sailed a few years ago, but in the interest of the forum, and accepting that Richard probably isn't going to change, its would probably be best if Phil just ignored him.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Michael L
Old Hand

#162 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Michael L »

It's difficult to ignore someone - the only person in fact on here, who is so incredibly arrogant he can't even recognise it in himself. He's very incongruous in our otherwise friendly circle.
shane
Social outcast

#163 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

True, but that's just a reflection of how lucky we've been with this forum. Some places have dozens of them. It would be a shame to ban him, as he has some interesting things to say, and anyway it's Nick's forum, Nick's rules, and Nick doesn't ban people.

We just need to learn to cope with him, and that means not jumping on him every time he comes over all inflammatory.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Nick
Site Admin

#164 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:40 am Where would we all be if our forefathers had offered Hitler no resistance, just for an easy life ?
I think the thing that may not have occurred to you Phil is you see yourself as the fighter for freedom, but you may equally be the jackbooted suppressor of free speech.
Michael L wrote:He's very incongruous in our otherwise friendly circle.
Likewise, your use of "our" creates a "us" and "them" that may not be as simple as you believe.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#165 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

[quote
Where would we all be if our forefathers had offered Hitler no resistance, just for an easy life ?
[/quote]

I think the thing that may not have occurred to you Phil is you see yourself as the fighter for freedom, but you may equally be the jackbooted suppressor of free speech. [/quote]

Yes Nick, I can see how that may be seen. :(

It's sad, because Richard has a lifetime of experience, of that I have no doubt, but by attacking Scott and demeaning his work he (Richard) is shooting himself in the foot.

It's not a case of me standing up for Scott, or wanting to rubbish Richards views, I just want to read and enjoy an unadulterated thread and come to my own conclusion.

The ethos here seems to be one of helping people achieve good DIY results, and when criticism is given it's usually tempered with helpful suggestions as how to overcome problems and difficulties. That been very useful to many a contributor in the past.

Edmund Burke