Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#121 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by izzy wizzy »

Thanks for the hint about the Foe thingy. Brilliant!
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#122 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Ray P »

Nick wrote:Sorry, I am confused here.
Sorry for any confusion Nick, I posted that very quickly when I popped home for lunch. Only have a few minutes before I have to be out of the door again so will reply tomorrow.

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Greg
Social outcast

#123 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

OK, I've taken some time out to review this thread completely and in particular all that I have written. Regardless of the thread title, none of my posts have been an attack on RD whatsoever. Cressy Snr and Paul Barker please note and recognise.

What I have actually done is challenge (attack if you prefer) Nick on how he applies his no censorship principle on this forum. The only time I referred to Richard Dunn specifically was to reply to him after he posted a false accusation that I was a 'Dunn hater' regularly posting my apparent hatred on AOS and TAS. That accusation was absolute rubbish and I responded to put the record straight. I am not the only member here who has suffered from lies perpetuated by RD on the internet.

So, regardless of thread title, I have not here attacked RD personally and will never do so.

Another reason for not responding further to the last reply from Nick to me was simply I could see no value in pursuing an arguement when Nick was intent on avoiding the core issue and always responding tangentially, avoiding what actually needed attention. Considering Nick's intellect, that was a major disappointment.

Regarding my apparent attack on 'Dave', being Dave Cawley, I had no idea that Nick was referring to what I wrote on another thread. I now understand, so let's get this in perspective. Dave Cawley returned here very temporarily at the same time RD did in response to Nick's naive exposure on HFS that their membership was still valid. Now, Dave Cawley's return post was to offer a service to some members here. He did not offer a free service whatsoever. However, when he flounced out, he retrospectively said his offer was a free service. Hmmm, easy to say something was free retrospectively. From what I know of DC, I completely doubt any authenticity there. I feel quite satisfied that my challenge was reasonable. Please read the thread and get your head around it rather than be falsely influenced. Many readers do not know the history. DC temporarily owned the World Designs forum and he nearly destroyed that with his ridiculous management of it. He is a trader. I have never known him to make any free offer. I completely stand by my original response. 'Having a go at Dave'? Bollocks, telling it how it actually is, probably!

Finally, Nick's most recent post is most revealing. He says he hosts this forum, but makes it clear that the behaviour of contributors is not his responsibility. That is unfortunately nonsense. As much as Nick might prefer to disassociate his ownership from the behaviour of members, being the owner, he will always have a precarious liability for whatever any member posts. To take a position of disassociation if frankly completely unrealistic.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#124 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I said I wouldn't post again in this thread, but I can't let this pass. Do a search under Gregs name at TAS (The Audio Standard) sadly you have to be a member to do this so I am going on my memory and you will find loads of what he has just said he has never done - sadly the man is lying.
Nick
Site Admin

#125 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

What I don’t understand is if people are finding my lack of control over what is posted so much of a inconvenience, then they are more than welcome to create their own forum (and I don’t in any way mean that in a negative sense), I have never claimed my way is the best way, and it certainly isn’t the only way. If others want to go to the trouble (and its not much, pro-boards will do most of what you need) of creating their own then they have my best wishes. I may even join myself.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Greg
Social outcast

#126 Re: Richard Du

Post by Greg »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I said I wouldn't post again in this thread, but I can't let this pass. Do a search under Gregs name at TAS (The Audio Standard) sadly you have to be a member to do this so I am going on my memory and you will find loads of what he has just said he has never done - sadly the man is lying.
Ha, you said you wouldn't post again on this thread but whatever your reason, you have. Clearly you are not a man of your word and therefore cannot be trusted. How flaccid is that?

Nevertheless, I have no problem with your suggestion. If anyone reading here is anal enough to carry out what you suggest, they will find that any post I have made on TAS is reasonable and proportionate under the circumstance, even when you were falsely accusing me of committing criminal damage to your property.

As ever, you offensively make an unsubstantiated accusation. Apparently I am lying. Rubbish. Please stop polluting this forum with your delusional nonsense. You are simply spoiling things for others. You clearly enjoy the negativity published on your own EOTW forum thread. As much as you herald it, EOTW might be your real world but for this majority, it's just words on the internet, not worth anything albeit you spend 20 hours a day on it. Interesting. When do you find the time to build NVA items?
Last edited by Greg on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#127 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

So you admit you are lying, proportionate my arse.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#128 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Paul Barker »

Nick wrote:What I don’t understand is if people are finding my lack of control over what is posted so much of a inconvenience, then they are more than welcome to create their own forum (and I don’t in any way mean that in a negative sense), I have never claimed my way is the best way, and it certainly isn’t the only way. If others want to go to the trouble (and its not much, pro-boards will do most of what you need) of creating their own then they have my best wishes. I may even join myself.
If there was a like button I'd like it. I'd have a look at that place too. But Nick your a buddy and I'd also hang here.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#129 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

This thread is one thing and one thing only, PERSECUTION, purely and simply PERSECUTION. Need I capitalize the bloody whole thing? The OP and the schoolyard gang who have joined in need to calm down, take stock and after that just STFU.

Phil's comment that maybe the whole thread had been an error of judgement and later calling for the thread to be locked made me do this... :roll: Why the hell should Nick lock the thread just because the OP now feels uncomfortable? You reap what you sow and all that.
Blaming Richard for this load of bollocks (because that's what it is....BOLLOCKS) is a bit rich, when, since he reappeared there has been a concerted effort to chase him away with torches and pitchforks. Calling Nick naive for pointing out to Richard that there was still a place on here for him if he so wished just beggars belief.

Tell you what I'm going to start a thread called Cressy Senior and folk can have at it. Tell me a few home truths, don't hold back...

I got way involved in this sort of bullshit with Romy The Cat. I learned a valuable lesson, made myself look a total prat, joined in with the pitchforks and torches and felt thoroughly ashamed at the time. Never again, I thought to myself. The present pichfork mob need to get a grip.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#130 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

I disagree with our Steve (cressy snr) about Richard not being a bully.

He has lambasted me, Greg and Ali for a variety of things (mainly untrue) on his forum.It's all there if anyone cares to want to read it.

Just because Richard has not bullied you Steve you turn a "blind eye" to what he really is like.

His whole ethos seems to be pis taking and bullying to everyone who dares to stand up to him, or have the "wrong" opinion according to him.

It's a crying shame really because underneath that "internet persona" I'm sure lies a really decent person.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#131 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Ali Tait »

Well no, it's not all there, as much was deleted so Richard could continue his agenda.
jayman67
User

#132 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by jayman67 »

why dont we all meet up in a park car park and sort it out once and for all.
:D
hmmm? nope i didnt think anyone would turn up either :lol:
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#133 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

karma67 wrote:why dont we all meet up in a park car park and sort it out once and for all.
:D
hmmm? nope i didnt think anyone would turn up either :lol:
Since when did a "punch up" solve anything ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
jayman67
User

#134 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by jayman67 »

since when did arguing,insulting solve anything?
the trouble is this is not 'real world' people can type all day long if they want back and forth insulting and arguing shouting and screaming etc.....in the real world away from the big keyboard it doesnt happen like that.
ive read most of the arguing and to be honest if someone spoke to me like that in the real world i chin them.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#135 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cressy Snr »

OK to those who feel "wronged" by Richard. Here's something to think about:

What are you doing at the present moment...right NOW, maybe about to go shopping, get out the tools and have a fiddle with a speaker project. Maybe you're having a cup of tea/coffee, taking a record out of its sleeve, tuning in your streamer to Tidal.
Whatever, it makes no difference.

The point is.....think about now. Be present in the moment.
Right...you are now present. So...what threat does Richard pose to you RIGHT NOW, at this instant?
The answer is none, zilch, nada.
It is only your mind that is feeling threatened and creating fear/anger. In the present, Richard is no threat whatsoever. The threat cannot exist, without your egoic mind creating it, so be present and the threat vanishes. It cannot exist unless you create it.
IOW Big Bad Rude Richard only exists because you want him to. You can just as easily turn him into nice Richard. The choice is yours.
If Big Bad Rude Richard, the scourge of cyberspace, is ruining your life situation and you really can't stand it any longer, you have only three choices.

1. remove yourself from the situation

2. change the situation by refusing to allow your egoic mind to direct your life.

3. accept the situaution is what it is and move on.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.