Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Cactus Cowboy
New User

#376 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Cactus Cowboy »

Michael, what part of "This is not Rudi" don't you understand. :?:
And this forum is not exclusively about audio as one glance a the topics in the board index will testify. :!:
Last edited by Cactus Cowboy on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael L
Old Hand

#377 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Michael L »

Cactus Cowboy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:36 am Michael, what part of "This is not Rudi" don't you understand. :?:
Rudi, what part of audio forum don't you understand?
Nick
Site Admin

#378 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Gone
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Bigman80
User

#379 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Bigman80 »

Might be an idea to prevent new users for a bit Nick.
shane
Social outcast

#380 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by shane »

Cactus Cowboy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:30 amAnd now I suppose Nick will come along and (eventually) ban me like the others,
And long may he do so.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#381 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by mainscablesrus »

What a bunch of sad twats, signing up for a forum just to have a go at someone. get a life you dicks!
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Kenyy Kerr
User

#382 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

It's always intrigued me tat Richard and his Nemesis, Marco appear to be so similar yet they claim to be opposites.

Take for example these two posts from Richard's buddies in support of his claim to be ****NOTHING LIKE**** Marco:

1. "Your much loved leader/owner is not able to post on other forums, WamWiggle, Les Poisson Rose, TaS. He has been there and thrown out for his behaviour, attitude, you cannot take him anywhere. He just does not know how to behave in someone else's world."

2. "The owner of AOS has a lot of issues. I think part of the problem is that he has a lot of time on his hands. The Internet seems to be his life and provides a platform for him to exert power."

Those two statements would appear to describe Rochard equally well and seem to point more to similarities than differences,

The only differentiating factor Richard seems to offer is his lack of sexual prowess as judged by women. The fact that he seems more obsessed with Marco's manhood than the man himself is perhaps revelatory. I believe it's more than penis envy though:

Larger "member"
Larger forum
Larger bank balance
More expensive abode
Superior car
Superior system
Younger
Slimmer
More intelligent

Marco seems to be holding all the aces. Richard: It's no shame to envy others and it's not unusual to be in denial. Surely it would prove cathartic to face the root of your dissatisfaction and work towards the things that will help you deal with your insecurities. perhaps this thread can help you face what others see and help you find common ground with someone you appear to have lots in common with.
Nick
Site Admin

#383 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

The major different you forget to mention is that Richard runs a successful business making and selling HiFi.

I am at the point where if you are here just to pick a fight Kenyy, then we can stop right here. If you have anything more constructive to post, now would be the time.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Kenyy Kerr
User

#384 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

only worth 70k nick. i carry that about in me wallet dude
marco is way uglier though.
Nick
Site Admin

#385 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

only worth 70k nick. i carry that about in me wallet dude
So you are an idiot then?
If you have anything more constructive to post, now would be the time.
That would be a no then I guess.
Kenyy Kerr
User

#386 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

Nick wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:47 pm The major different you forget to mention is that Richard runs a successful business making and selling HiFi.

I am at the point where if you are here just to pick a fight Kenyy, then we can stop right here. If you have anything more constructive to post, now would be the time.
And Marco ran a successful business of his own which enabled him to retire in his 40s, whilst Richard still works at 70. "All the aces" I guess. So your point is?

Your devotion to supporting RD like some sad groupie is tiresome in the extreme. Look at the desertions from your forum. Hardly any DIY activity bar the Cressys. You're steering it into oblivion and one has to wonder why. This is the reason for creating the thread in the first place.

As for asking for something "constructive" I'd say pointing to the character traits of the individual driving away your regulars, in an attempt to make him see his idiosyncrasies is indeed constructive.

The reality is that this is a thread ***about*** RD. You seem to dislike "on topic" posts unless written by sycophants. In fact, you've also banned countless people for their "on topic" posts, which is a far cry from the way things used to be here.

Why don't you just allow free speech?
Kenyy Kerr
User

#387 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

And in the spirit of constructive input, here's an interesting article:

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/insecu ... le-similar

And another extract from a psychology article:

Fear of Ourselves

According to Washington, D.C., clinical psychologist Dana Harron, the things people hate about others are the things that they fear within themselves. She suggests thinking about the targeted group or person as a movie screen onto which we project unwanted parts of the self. The idea is, “I'm not terrible; you are.”

This phenomenon is known as projection, a term coined by Freud to describe our tendency to reject what we don’t like about ourselves. Psychologist Brad Reedy further describes projection as our need to be good, which causes us to project "badness" outward and attack it:

"We developed this method to survive, for any 'badness' in us put us at risk for being rejected and alone. So we repressed the things that we thought were bad (what others told us or suggested to us that was unlovable and morally reprehensible) — and we employ hate and judgment towards others. We think that is how one rids oneself of undesirable traits, but this method only perpetuates repression which leads to many mental health issues.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/nu ... ology-hate
Last edited by Kenyy Kerr on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nick
Site Admin

#388 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

here's an interesting article
For a very low value of interesting.
Kenyy Kerr
User

#389 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Kenyy Kerr »

I guess that depends on your perspective and tastes. "Interest" is subjective after all. What is important is that it is "on topic", relevant and evidentially supported, including observations from RD's own cohorts which demonstrate the similarities.

Frankly I'm not ***interested*** in whether or not you find the topic scintillating. There is a wider audience of members, lurkers and those being compared who are of more importance.

The obvious similarity between these two (RD is a poor man's Marco) is an observation I have heard many others make and open discussion may indeed help both parties under comparison see that they have more in common than they realise. If it goes any way to moderating their online behaviour, then it will surely be both constructive and for "the common good".
Nick
Site Admin

#390 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

I guess that depends on your perspective and tastes. "Interest" is subjective after all. What is important is that it is "on topic", relevant and evidentially supported, including observations from RD's own cohorts which demonstrate the similarities.
The topic is Richard. the only reason you seem to regard your link as on topic is based on your suggestion that it is on topic, that does not make it so.
Frankly I'm not ***interested*** in whether or not you find the topic scintillating. There is a wider audience of members, lurkers and those being compared who are of more importance.
Thats fine, but I don’t find it necessary to play to some vague; possibly imaginary audience, whatever the supposed importance.

And to reply to a earlier post:
The reality is that this is a thread ***about*** RD. You seem to dislike "on topic" posts unless written by sycophants. In fact, you've also banned countless people for their "on topic" posts, which is a far cry from the way things used to be here.
No, its exactly how its always been, I get to say what happens, until recently nothing happened I needed to halt, it does now, very few of the old time members have every needed their posting commented on, that’s no different.
Why don't you just allow free speech?
I do, I just chose to control who gets to speak. I suggest you take the time to consider what happened when Romy the Cat posted here. Several of the long time posters took umbridge with what he said, but I wanted to allow him to continue, eventually his posts were seen as of value. I have seen the same process with Richard. All that seems to be happening now is that others seem to for some reason be affronted by the fact that Richard is allowed to post here and continue to join in some misguided belief that they can change the perfectly satisfactory situation to one of their liking. Your posts so far fit into the same category from what I can see.