Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#166 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

It's sad, because Richard has a lifetime of experience, of that I have no doubt, but by attacking Scott and demeaning his work he (Richard) is shooting himself in the foot.
But he is not AFAIKS attacking Scott, he is attacking the premise of what he is posting. Its not as if Scott expects anyone to follow the posts as a set of instructions, so what’s the problem?
It's not a case of me standing up for Scott, or wanting to rubbish Richards views, I just want to read and enjoy an unadulterated thread and come to my own conclusion.
But at least Richards posts are relevant to the topic of the thread, if you don’t agree with what he has written, then post a contrary argument, but that’s not what you are doing, you are posting to the thread objecting to the way Richard is making his point, not the point he is making, so as such, your posts are the off topic ones as they are nothing to do with the speakers Scott is describing.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#167 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by izzy wizzy »

Nick,

Up until now, I've stayed out of all this BS but you say you don't want to moderate yet you wade in being, from what I see, a biased referee.

You say "But he is not AFAIKS attacking Scott, he is attacking the premise of what he is posting." and "But at least Richards posts are relevant to the topic of the thread, if you don’t agree with what he has written, then post a contrary argument, ..."

DrB first post is "Here we go again, do you really expect people to waste their time reading this - do you have ears :roll:
Yes I am being rude, but really."

Now I don't know your reference for proper behaviour or civilised discussion but my reference defines DrB's contribution as a personal attack and an insult. He even admits to being rude. There is no "attacking the premise", there is no factual point being made. And it only gets worse.

WTAF!
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#168 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It followed on from his previous speaker design thread, you have to see them in conjunction, as for me it was just a continuation of the same stupidity, so I said so. The post doesn't exist in isolation.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#169 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by izzy wizzy »

Reckon I'll just leave you kids to throw stones amongst yourselves.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#170 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by IslandPink »

It would be an awful shame if you didn't come on here and post from time to time, Stephen. Please grit your teeth !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#171 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by izzy wizzy »

IslandPink wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm It would be an awful shame if you didn't come on here and post from time to time, Stephen. Please grit your teeth !
Hey, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just staying away from the kids in the sandpit.

I only commented coz I was having a nice read until DrB waded in with his insults and then Nick decides ... well you know.

I do a lot more reading than posting ;)

cheers,

Stephen
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#172 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Pre it seems to me you would be better of joining Snakeoil audio , you can exercise your demons and obsession with RD without fear of contradiction or rebuttal and if you are that way inclined you can post a picture of your penis as a form of subliminal semiotic comment on the membership , again without consequence .

do yourself a favour , for you , it is the way to go. It's better than dragging up dead threads . :|
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#173 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

[quote="Daniel Quinn" It's better than dragging up dead threads . :|
[/quote]

Like you just have ? :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#174 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Not sure 4 days as opposed to 2 months is the same , but I take your point and it thought your posts were more contemporaneous than was in fact the case . Alas
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#175 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:57 pm Not sure 4 days as opposed to 2 months is the same , but I take your point and it thought your posts were more contemporaneous than was in fact the case . Alas
Who , or what, is the "it" you refer to ?

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#176 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

I can't take any more of the drivel and anti social posting, so Richard and DQ are blocked by me from now on.

I hope the forum will eventually recover from them.

Edmund Burke

Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#177 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Daniel Quinn »

that will be 23 of your last 25 posts , a wise choice you have made
Greg
Social outcast

#178 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

pre65 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:33 pm I can't take any more of the drivel and anti social posting, so Richard and DQ are blocked by me from now on.

Chill for a bit, Phil. It's quiet on HFS today. Just a couple of their folk coming here because they have a keyboard itch they need to scratch. There'll be a distraction soon when something happens on another forum that requires a bit of imposed distance policing and thank god there are people out there willing to do it. Where would we be without them?
Michael L
Old Hand

#179 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Michael L »

Greg wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:43 pm
pre65 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:33 pm I can't take any more of the drivel and anti social posting, so Richard and DQ are blocked by me from now on.

Chill for a bit, Phil. It's quiet on HFS today. Just a couple of their folk coming here because they have a keyboard itch they need to scratch. There'll be a distraction soon when something happens on another forum that requires a bit of imposed distance policing and thank god there are people out there willing to do it. Where would we be without them?
I've blocked these undesirables
too.
Greg
Social outcast

#180 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Greg »

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I have woken up shaking with cold and a temp, so looks like summer flue or similar. But because of my lungs it means hospital for check up and a scan and loads of antibiotics.

So I wouldn't have come anyway.

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Copied from the Phono bake off thread.

Ha Ha!

To the best of my knowledge this is the third event you have flounced out of at the last minute in the last 12 months. A previous one you claimed to feel unwell and now apparently you have summer flu requiring hospital attention. Very coincidental and not believable because in both cases, regardless of your claim that you would need hospital attention, you have continued to post regularly on your forum during the period we all would expect you to be hospitalised. Now I and my daughter have been recent hospital inpatients, and the option to continue posting as you have would have never been available to us. Completely unrealistic. It is simply not feasible. So you're not doing this from your hospital bed, are you. Seeing as you are apparently so unwell, how do you find the energy to unreasonably challenge a member on your forum who appears to be trying to make peace, but you continue to be an arse towards him. Why? Also you need to get your logic sorted regarding the application of you ad hominem rule. Then again, you probably can't do that because your ad hominem is a feature in many of your posts both here and on your own forum.

Nick, I have no doubt that my posts of this nature pisses you and many others off, but nothing is being done about sorting the pollution problem some have brought here. I am well aware of several, what I regard as valued members, who have withdrawn their contribution because of these polluting members. I have no doubt that the quietness of the forum is much about members being pissed off with the whole situation and not wanting to visit in the current climate. Surely that is the opposite of what you wanted to happen a few moths ago when you felt things were getting a little slow and stale. Someone needs to challenge the unreasonable behaviour of these members. Isn't it time to get rid of them? You didn't have a problem dismissing Jammy, did you? Is there little wonder why these disruptive members are generally banned from forums elsewhere. Those forums in their absence work very well but were chaotic when they were members. Of course, to disconnect them would lead to a backlash of messages on HFS, but who cares. No one there or visiting takes the owner or his drone seriously. Good HFS members just overlook the politics and carry on. I have little doubt that there was no coincidence to the reemergence on AT of several historical members who had been quiet for some time. I suspect instigated by you and at the same time you reminded RD he was not banned here. RD has contributed positively here which I understand you see as signal, ignoring the noise. Problem is, his and his sychofant's offensive noise far exceeds any useful signal, because it has an overall negative effect and regulars then just stop contributing which leads to forum degradation which shouldn't and doesn't need to happen.

Now, you can dismiss my written views as you have done in the past if you want. as ever I bow to your super superior intelligence, but that intelligence does not necessarily apply a bit of good old fashioned common sense. Seems to me it is time for such an application.