Owston what are you bringing?

Subjects that don't have their own home
mf 1000
User

#46 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by mf 1000 »

I'm probaby insane ... but ill bring them too and just for fun ill throw in my DAC and highly modified Roksan Attessa DP2 transport
Roksan Attessa dp2 (much modified) , trichord Pulsar DAC, type 26 dht two box preamp, mingda 845 Monoblocks, transmission line bass back loaded horn mids & Fostex horn supertweeters
Greg
Social outcast

#47 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Greg »

............and you'll find plenty of willing hands to help you :D
Thermionic Idler
Old Hand

#48 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Thermionic Idler »

My build of one of these with various upgraded components in the signal path, though I do wonder how much difference they actually made:

http://www.transcendentsound.com/Son_of ... e_Amp.html
Deck: Garrard 301 - Audio Origami PU7 - NW Analogue DH3S
Phono: Pete Millett LR, Lundahl SUT, AMB σ22 PSU
Linestage: Bruno Putzeys Balanced Pre + Hans Polak relay mod, LCDuino control
Power amps: 300B PP 'Symmetric Reichert'
Speakers: FF225WK Big Mets
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#49 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Paul Barker »

I'll bring Spitfire Dac to see how it compares. If there became a situation where it could be compared.

If I get time I'll put the Telefunken field coil speakers into Ed's cabinets and bring those. Which depends on me getting that done first and it sound anything worth presenting to you second.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
steve s
Shed dweller

#50 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by steve s »

If Nick is happy for me to do so ? I could bring my 300a valves for another outing,
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#51 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Nick »

Cool, I will make sure David brings the 300b amp.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#52 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by jack »

Any point in my bringing a PI-DAC+ and a Pi-DigiAMP+ as well for people to listen to? (assuming someone is bringing a server - I could bring one + the networking bits for a local WiFi & LAN if anyone wants it).
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
SimonC
Old Hand

#53 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by SimonC »

jack wrote:Any point in my bringing a PI-DAC+ and a Pi-DigiAMP+ as well for people to listen to? (assuming someone is bringing a server - I could bring one + the networking bits for a local WiFi & LAN if anyone wants it).
If we want to have a bit of a Pi bake off on Sunday I can bring along 3 different flavours of Pi, Hifiberry DAC, MamboBerry DAC and a Hifiberry Digiamp, all on their own B and B+'s for easy comparison, especially if there's a server on the go.

Simon C
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#54 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Mike H »

Blimey at this rate there's going to be lots of stuff to audition.

And at the begnnning of all this we weren't even sure how many were even going to turn up... :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#55 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by jack »

SimonC wrote:If we want to have a bit of a Pi bake off on Sunday I can bring along 3 different flavours of Pi, Hifiberry DAC, MamboBerry DAC and a Hifiberry Digiamp, all on their own B and B+'s for easy comparison, especially if there's a server on the go
Sounds (!) like a plan.

I'll chuck a local LAN plus WiFi bits in the box too...

Currently mine are running max2play...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
SimonC
Old Hand

#56 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by SimonC »

jack wrote:
SimonC wrote:If we want to have a bit of a Pi bake off on Sunday I can bring along 3 different flavours of Pi, Hifiberry DAC, MamboBerry DAC and a Hifiberry Digiamp, all on their own B and B+'s for easy comparison, especially if there's a server on the go
Sounds (!) like a plan.

I'll chuck a local LAN plus WiFi bits in the box too...

Currently mine are running max2play...
Mine are running a mixture of picoreplayer and moode, depending on what job they are doing. I'll give max2play a spin and see how it likes the mambo. If its happy then I'll load them all with max2play for the Sunday.
Part of what I like about them it how easy it is to swap OS's like this :)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#57 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Cressy Snr »

The just built monoblocks will be coming along with the silver wired passive preamp built by our Ant.
The original Barbarik is now sold.
The car has been changed but I'm not sure whether I can get the big Mets in it. I wasn't going to buy a big car just so I could get a big pair of speakers in the back. If they'll go in fine, if not never mind.

I'm looking forward to this event, should be a good one.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Greg
Social outcast

#58 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Greg »

Cressy Snr wrote:I'm looking forward to this event, should be a good one.
Yep, so am I. I agree, it should be a good one.

I am travelling with two others and our plan was to leave late on Saturday night but I like the idea of a dac comparison on the Sunday so am exploring whether we can stay another night! In that event, I will bring along the latest version of the Beresford Caiman dac which I use with my RPi HiFiBerry. Small streaming units with small dacs seem to be the way to go (I'll never ditch my vinyl) so such a comparison would be really helpful. All depends on my companions being free for a stop over and the hotel being able to accommodate us. I'll let you know.
Greg
Social outcast

#59 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by Greg »

Steve, I hope you can arrange for your big Met's to be there. That would for me be the 'icing on the cake'.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#60 Re: Owston what are you bringing?

Post by vinylnvalves »

Will anybody have a spare digital source on Saturday? I am hoping to get the usb to spdif converter fitted into my Nadja DSP, however if it doesn't go according to plan, does someone have a CD player etc I can borrow for my 3 songs? As I cannot face bringing analogue as well as the 2 fridges masquerading as bass cabinets, and 6 or 8 channels of amplification.

What time can we start setting up on the Saturday morning, so I can get there with my roadie "Dave" to align and equalise the speakers?