Next owston meet ?

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#1 Next owston meet ?

Post by steve s »

I contacted owston yesterday, they have a couple of dates in june available, i can't make one but i can orgainise the other

It would be the 18/19 June, fathers day weekend.... they have pencilled it in for me, i have told them i will get back and confirm in the next week or so

If you are interested in coming please post, i was only going to organise one meet this year, if there are not enough takers i could move to october assuming they have dates available, but i would prefer a meet in june?

Im busy april and may so I'm very limited, I have so much on at the moment.

Cheers
Steve
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
cressy
Shed dweller

#2 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by cressy »

Count me in Steve
Cheers ant
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#3 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by jack »

Yes. Must do it this time. Honest.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Cressy Snr »

Suits me.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#5 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by simon »

Should be okay too. Feels like it's been a long time since the last one. I have nothing new though so will have to extract the digit.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Mike H »

Count me in too! :thumbright:

What are the chances I'll be living in Boston by then? Place your bets now.....

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#7 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by simon »

What odds are you giving Mike? ;-)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#8 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Paul Barker »

Yep
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#9 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Ray P »

Tentative for me; would love to make it though so I'll try hard and, hopefully I'll be able to leave Judy on her own for the day (she's been unwell for a while).

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#10 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Ali Tait »

Not me unfortunately, that's Glasto week. :(
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by IslandPink »

Ooh... bad clash .
I think I can make it although June is a busy month . I'll be in Yorkshire at the beginning of June and the beginning of July, so I might get an overdose :shock:
Shall we have a sweepstake on how long it'll be before you say you can't come after all, Paul ?
Would be v.good to see you if poss .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
steve s
Shed dweller

#12 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by steve s »

Well that a good responce so far.. Keep them coming
Thanks for the support
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#13 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Nick »

I will see if I can build something for this one :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
thomas
Old Hand

#14 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by thomas »

I think I can do it. Just after daughter's GCSE's finish I think but will check….
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#15 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Paul Barker »

IslandPink wrote:Ooh... bad clash .
I think I can make it although June is a busy month . I'll be in Yorkshire at the beginning of June and the beginning of July, so I might get an overdose :shock:
Shall we have a sweepstake on how long it'll be before you say you can't come after all, Paul ?
Would be v.good to see you if poss .
It's my work situation that creates the problems. The fact I contract to an evil empire that say "if you don't like it here's the door"

Aft father in law burned himself to death in his bungalow I've been on compassionate leave, and started during this time (as I receive no pay or benefits while on leave I am entightles to) doing breakdown call outs for Corgi and satisfying my private customers. I paid off the HP on a van and sold it. Now run an old van that I own outright to lessen overheads. Result is much happier Paul, in charge of own destiny and weekend decisions up to the last minute. My evil empire manager and I are going to talk about getting me back into work when she comes back from holiday. But I am pretty sure I shall be telling her I am not returning.

It's a tough decision. In 2007 when Diana had a leision of her illness that made her like someone with dementia for a week, and she still can't recall our wedding honeymoon etc. I had to leave the same evil empire and it took me many years to get an opening back in. During that time I built up debts of £30,000 which are now all paid off.

So you can how much control they have over my life.

I think there will definitely be a delta blues song about this commo working man scenario.

So it's a leap of faith again into the unknown with all my flaws and faults more known to me, in the hope that this time I might actually survive without the evil empire.

In any case I do know that my days were numbered ther, because an insider warned me, they plan to get rid of older men as much as possible and employ young girls training them up to be sweet and nice in customers homes. They are losing market share rapidly and now have the bea in their bones it is the profile of the average gas man.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein