Next owston meet ?

Subjects that don't have their own home
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#166 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by jack »

Ray P wrote:
jack wrote:Is it just me, or did that sound awfully like a threat? :)
Oi, haven't you got a job to prep for?
Yep. But I'm now soooooooooooo tired that I'm actually shaking - stopped at about midnight last night. Started again at 05:30.

Of course it COULD be the 6 cups of percolated "strength 5" coffee that's to blame, or it could be that this assignment is a can of worms...
IMG_20160522_164043-1024x768.jpg
Last edited by jack on Mon May 23, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
shane
Social outcast

#167 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by shane »

Love that mug!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#168 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Paul Barker »

luv the Aga the kettle the coffee maker.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
mf 1000
User

#169 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by mf 1000 »

I've definatly got the use of my wife's van so ill bite on the bullet and bring my transmission line bass speakers (only 175 lbs each!), full range back loaded fostex driver horns, type 26 dht two box preamp, and ming da 845 Monoblock Power amps. Hope someone else will have a cd or vinyl sore to feed it with.

Keith & Jane
Roksan Attessa dp2 (much modified) , trichord Pulsar DAC, type 26 dht two box preamp, mingda 845 Monoblocks, transmission line bass back loaded horn mids & Fostex horn supertweeters
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#170 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by jack »

shane wrote:Love that mug!
Pru Green, Wivenhoe, Essex.

She's a fabulous potter and painter...

Last edited by jack on Sun May 22, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greg
Social outcast

#171 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Greg »

Ah! Lidl Columbian ground coffee. I like their Kenyan, but am about to try their Guatamalan on account it has just won a gold award in this years Grocers Awards :D
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#172 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by jack »

Paul Barker wrote:luv the Aga the kettle the coffee maker.
Aga: Second hand from local free Friday Ad mag about 13 years ago. Dismantled it myself and loaded into the boot of the Volvo - several trips - almost herniaed myself in the process (those ovens are big lumps of cast iron). Kept it on a pallet in the garage for two years until the house was finally built, then had a qualified Aga engineer install it. Oil-fired, I service it myself (saves a fortune, plus it's done properly :) )

Kettle: TK Maxx - seems to be a bronze version of this: http://www.dunelm.com/product/candy-ros ... 1000052763

Percolator: From some shop in Tunbridge Wells that has since closed - its lovely though, quite the nicest we've ever had - heavy/thick stainless steel, far far nicer than those aluminium ones. Makes really smooth coffee too... perfect on the Aga - makes two cups in about 5 minutes...
EDIT: Aha! Seems to be this one: http://www.stellarcookware.co.uk/Ranges ... Maker.html
Greg wrote:Ah! Lidl Columbian ground coffee. I like their Kenyan, but am about to try their Guatamalan on account it has just won a gold award in this years Grocers Awards :D
I really like the Lidl ground coffee - smooth, not a hint of bitterness. Hits the spot every time...
Last edited by jack on Mon May 23, 2016 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
steve s
Shed dweller

#173 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by steve s »

Updated...

So far we have attending
Me...
Simon
Mike h
Nick
Thomas
Steve c
Steve +
Dave
Phil
Jack
Dave tb
Neal
Greg
Nigel
Scott
Mark
Steve (nebo man) + gang all being well
Simon c (sunday)
Anthony
Paul
Colin
Andrew
Morgan j
Keith ( sunday only)
Ray
Michael l
David l & meridith

Any mistakes / cancellations / additions please post
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Thermionic Idler
Old Hand

#174 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Thermionic Idler »

Cressy Snr wrote:
Thermionic Idler wrote:
I could probably bring my Transcendent Son of Beast (it's the one part of my current stack that qualifies as 'diy').

Cheers.
That'd be good Dave.
I'd be able to hear, for once, an OTL amp that actually works for more than five minutes without blowing up! :lol: :lol:
:lol:

And likewise, I'm very intrigued by the Barbarik.

Ironically the SOB has proved itself to be more reliable than some of the commercial stuff I have right now - the Modwright preamp continues to have issues with rustling in both channels, one of which kept dropping out this afternoon whilst we were trying to watch a film. The importer thinks it's the trim pots that set the bias becoming noisy - I bought some contact cleaner on Saturday to see if that resolves, just need to apply it.
Deck: Garrard 301 - Audio Origami PU7 - NW Analogue DH3S
Phono: Pete Millett LR, Lundahl SUT, AMB σ22 PSU
Linestage: Bruno Putzeys Balanced Pre + Hans Polak relay mod, LCDuino control
Power amps: 300B PP 'Symmetric Reichert'
Speakers: FF225WK Big Mets
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#175 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Mike H »

Wow 27+ peeps .. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
andrew Ivimey

#176 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Even though I'm off travelling (with my towel) to all sorts of exotic places connected only by Easy Jet I envy you lot and hope you all have a jolly good time. By the time you have recovered from hangovers and too much SPL I will still be in Berlin but soon to return to .... brexit or brstay - ooooerrr. If brexit I'll detour to Bonnie Scotland, adopt the kilt and generally forget any connection with England whatsoever. If Brrrrrrr - stay I'll come home.

There's a good chance that I will get my shed back soon and there are speakers to be fettled and amps to be built.

So, ----------------- when's the next Owston? By giving only one date to meet I have not been able to come for some time now. It ain't fair!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#177 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Mike H »

Stop going on hols then. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
andrew Ivimey

#178 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Thinks......
nah............

but I realise what I'm missing and I wish you all well.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
steve s
Shed dweller

#179 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by steve s »

andrew Ivimey wrote:Thinks......
nah............

but I realise what I'm missing and I wish you all well.
Thanks Andrew, hopefully better luck next year... It will be around the same time though, maybe a week later..so to miss glasto?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#180 Re: Next owston meet ?

Post by Ali Tait »

Yes please!