Man bites dog!!!

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Man bites dog!!!

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Just incase the other place I posted this is too obscure I would like to draw everytone's attention ... you boy down the back! - to this link.

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2011/1 ... on-Members

I think it is worth a read and a think about.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Yep seen it some while ago. Added it to my faves anyway.

Doesn't alter the fact that there are bad sounding components.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

"CD demagnetiser - As room-acoustics consultant Ethan Winer said at his Audio Myths seminar at the Audio Engineering Society conference a couple of years ago: 'Think about this one for a moment.'"

I shall never forget the session where I ushered Nick in and out of my listening room blidfolded. He had no knowledge of what I was doing.

We learned that some 212's sounded better than others, that the copper gm70 was vertually the same as a 212 though it came in at the lowest valued 212, it came in competent. The graphite gm70 came in bottom.

I also recall how vastly more emphasised were the differences to me who knew which was which. I had a huge attraction to the biggest bottles, and dislike to the graphite gm70. Those in between were much more clearly delineated, but the copper gm70 to the one who knew it was playing was nowhere near as well sounding as the lowest standard of 212 which the writr had invested £250 in. Whereas the copper gm70 probably cost him £70 and the graphite one maybe £40. The sound was vastly inferior in the items which cost him little.

The writer was fooled by the suggestions of his mind, he cleary heard the vast differences. The one undergoing a true blind test, who also had no money at steak heard very small differences.

I still have a feeling that the flux damper switch in the DVXX1L cartridge isn't connected to anything!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I've just ordered ten of these - And the company makes so many more 'essentials'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Only 10 ? :wink:

Reminds me of Peter (and Mary) Belt and their wonderful range of sound altering devices. At least most of them were cheap. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Wow!!

:lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Prince of Darkness
User

Post by Prince of Darkness »

Total cost to "Machina Dynamica" to buy and modify clocks, probably less than $5 each. Got to admire their nerve :wink:
"We need to grab the Bull by the scruff of the horns!"

Prince.