saturday for me please steve
bostod
User

Post by bostod »

Im still coming on Saturday.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Today I found out a friend may be moving that weekend or during the following week. I have to help him. So if he does move at the weekend which I shan't know until I know, I shan't be at Owsters with much dissapointment. If he moves during the following week then I shall be there on the Saturday.

If my latest OB's, which I haven't yet had a chance to try out, are a success I shall bring those with the indirectly heated contender. If they don't please me I shan't waste your time with them.

I won't bring a source, my amp has a volume pot so only requires connection to a source.

I am mainly planning to build speakers to get the required efficiency for my amp to work in the venue. I suspect the other speakers coming won't be efficient enough for a low powered triode in a large room.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
chris661
Shed dweller

Post by chris661 »

Saturday for me and dad (brig001).

We're bringing 2 complete systems, and a big bass amp (doesn't have to be used, figure I might as well if it'll go in the car).

Chris
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Paul Barker wrote:I am mainly planning to build speakers to get the required efficiency for my amp to work in the venue. I suspect the other speakers coming won't be efficient enough for a low powered triode in a large room.

well mine are quite efficient paul... but i cant say if they will be to your tastes, they will strugle with just a watt in that room.. but thats what my amp will make

what is unusual for my creations is they look like normal speakers
lesley has asked more than a few times why we could not have had something like them years ago in the lounge

these i have built were planned to get a little more bass than i would with speakers in straight open baffle, i think they have worked well. nothing like the main speakers i use, but better than the old tombstones you all may remember, i think these vitavox and fane drivers are better than the goodmans 301/61 combination i used on those.

I hope to have them finished tonight, so they will get a few days playing

i've been playing about with the x overs by ear so i hope they work ok next weekend in that room.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Friday seminar and both days for me Steve.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Ditto, Sat & Sun for me Steve. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I can't do Sunday this time, Kaye has a show on in Halifax. So Friday and Saturday for me please sir.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Aidan
User

Post by Aidan »

Friday and Saturday for me and one protesting other. Maybe bith days depending on the whinging level.
Aidan
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

In case anyone was wondering, I can't make it this time. I was leaving it till the last minute to decide , but looks like other 'stuff' has got in the way . I've had some stress problems with work again, and been off a few days ( hopefully going in tomorrow or Wed ) , also I'm going over to Yorkshire the following weekend for a family birthday . Could do with a quiet weekend in-between to chill-out .
Should be a great session chaps, hope you get some cosmic combos together . I'll catch up later with the pics and talk to Nick about it.

MJ
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Aidan wrote:Friday and Saturday for me and one protesting other. Maybe bith days depending on the whinging level.
Aidan

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Audiofreeeek
User

Post by Audiofreeeek »

Got to the workshop this morning after leaving the final coat of primer to dry over the weekend and i was besides myself, all the primer had cracked, so all day ive been filling and sanding, must of put it on too thick or something.

gutted

I will still be bringing the speakers regardless finished or not :)
Ain't no finer smell in the world than a new car...except maybe pussy!
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I will still be bringing the speakers regardless finished or not
Perfect Owston attitude :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
brig001
Old Hand

Post by brig001 »

chris661 wrote: We're bringing 2 complete systems,
Chris
Not sure about bringing mine to be honest. It's half way through a re-design (active crossover) and I haven't got the power amps sorted yet. I do however have the smallest, cheapest, nastiest chip amp on the planet that I am using for testing, so I can run it with that.
Brian.
brig001
Old Hand

Post by brig001 »

Sorry, just laughed at the advert at the bottom of this page.

Ages 18 AND 98!
Attachments
ad.jpg