Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
ed
retired

#9436 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

beware the grammar police...

but more importantly(for me), how did Jack edit that post after a subsequent post had been put up(neatly avoiding repetition of the word post)....Whenever I try to edit a post like that I am unable....
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9437 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

ed wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 pm beware the grammar police...

but more importantly(for me), how did Jack edit that post after a subsequent post had been put up(neatly avoiding repetition of the word post)....Whenever I try to edit a post like that I am unable....
It's not grammar police - it's a (bastardised) quote from some crummy video game.

As regards the editing. Just skill. Pure skill :)
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
steve s
Shed dweller

#9438 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by steve s »

It's not very often I post on this thread so this is a bit of an occasion for me
But the last month has been so busy
My mum has been in hospital for 5 weeks, 2 1/2 of those weeks my dad who 87 had a really bad dose of flu come chest infection, so plemty of visiting and making sure dad was ok/ fed and watered...then two weeks ago I got roped in to helping my lad refurbish a house he's been renting out, getting it ready to sell.

Now mum's home yesterday , dad's fit and managing ok with her. The lads house is complete with the exception of some carpets I'll fit next week and the kirby vac which has not been used since jan because the powered drive had stopped, is now fixed and polished like new... I feel I can retire to the shed with a clear conscience and start on the forks that have been waiting patiently to refurbed... and as I type the sun has just emerged... joy...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9439 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

:thumbright:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9440 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Got heating! Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Neal
Shed dweller

#9441 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Neal »

Flipping alternator seems to have packed up on the Alfa, just a s the Sun came out! Well it is 36years old I suppose! Tried a new regulator but still no charge..

Quoted £175 for an exchange units, Donald Duck!

No way am I forking that out so I've pulled the thing apart, what a dirty job it is but satisfying as long as it works afterwards of course. Think its the diode pack as the stator coils (delta wound so three connections) have continuity to earth. Changed the bearings as well and given it a bit of a clean, just waiting for the postie to arrive with the new part now.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9442 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Nice pot, not so sure about the price.
https://tinyurl.com/y9p9gqq8
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9443 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Vintage innit? :D

@ Neal that reminded me also tends to happen to old Moto Guzzi's, similar sort of age, I'm on a couple of MG forums alternator probs cropping up quite often lately.

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9444 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Spensiff innits.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9445 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

:thumbleft:

Neal
Shed dweller

#9446 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Neal »

After much cursing as I made a few muppet mistakes it’s now working! Yay me!

Filthy job but worth it, total cost as I needed to buy a bearing puller was £60. Happy with that.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9447 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Yey! Nice one Neal, reading your post reminded me that I had to do that on my 1st ever car (a Series 3 Jaguar XJ6) because I couldn't afford a new Alternator, I had to borrow a chums behemoth soldering iron due to the gauge of the wire on the windings. My Mum insisted I '"at least put some newspaper down on the front room carpet if you're going to start bringing bits of the car into the house for repair..."
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9448 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:20 am my 1st ever car (a Series 3 Jaguar XJ6)
Respect Due !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9449 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:20 am Yey! Nice one Neal, reading your post reminded me that I had to do that on my 1st ever car (a Series 3 Jaguar XJ6) because I couldn't afford a new Alternator, I had to borrow a chums behemoth soldering iron due to the gauge of the wire on the windings. My Mum insisted I '"at least put some newspaper down on the front room carpet if you're going to start bringing bits of the car into the house for repair..."
What an understanding Mum. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9450 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Mum's, eh? :lol:

Cue Wesley Pegden...