Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9901 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

We do have beer here too. And pubs. You just can't drink in public. Zero tolerance policy on drink and driving.

And I bet it's a lot safer here as well - almost no crime at all of any sort. Never lock cars etc. Most crime is stuff like lunatic driving, but that's been stamped on in the last few years (huge fines).

Plus, we have vipers in the UK (known as "adders") - they're a bit smaller than the one in the photo, but just as venomous. Like most wildlife, Vipers are shy and not aggressive unless provoked. Kent is a good place for them - I've seen a few round Sevenoaks - they like chalky dry downland.

So you're ok so long as you don't poke anything with a stick....

Having said that, Sevenoaks is quite civilized. I can't speak for what passes for wildlife in Dartford... :)
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9902 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Desert followed by beer is a very good combination - as tested in Utah etc.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9903 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

IslandPink wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 am Desert followed by beer is a very good combination - as tested in Utah etc.
Yeh. We never drink before dune-bashing....

However, the camping trips tend towards the bacchanalian... :drunken:

I find the desert completely compelling - the infinite beauty, the absolute silence (when not dune-bashing!), the truly dark clear skies with the consequential vast number of visible stars, the cleanness of the air, the stillness, the wildlife, the fantastic sun-rises, the .... etc. etc. ad nauseam 8)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9904 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#9905 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ali Tait »

Well turns out I was only on half the dose of antibiotic I should have been. No wonder it wasn’t helping. Had to have yet another dental visit yesterday and have my gum cut open to be drained as the infection had spread all the way along my upper left gum. Can barely open my mouth (some might think that a good thing lol) but on the upside most of the pain from the abscess is gone.

Seriously thinking about making a complaint though, been through two weeks of severe pain needlessly. Thankfully have finally seen a competent dentist who has put me on the correct dosage.
Ant
Shed dweller

#9906 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Sat here unable to do anything productive. Because I'm having to wait for virgin media to come out and have a look at both the TV and the broadband.
A sodding 4 hour window, and 2 separate technicians you look at each problem individually.
A complete waste of a day
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#9907 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Toppsy »

Ali Tait wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:26 am Well turns out I was only on half the dose of antibiotic I should have been. No wonder it wasn’t helping. Had to have yet another dental visit yesterday and have my gum cut open to be drained as the infection had spread all the way along my upper left gum. Can barely open my mouth (some might think that a good thing lol) but on the upside most of the pain from the abscess is gone.

Seriously thinking about making a complaint though, been through two weeks of severe pain needlessly. Thankfully have finally seen a competent dentist who has put me on the correct dosage.
Hi Ali,
Good to hear that you are getting the correct medical help with your infection and at last the pain is dissipating. Can't be comfortable for you. Hope things start to mend soonest.

At least you have your new speakers to listen to that will hopefully be a pleasant distraction from the dental pain issues.

The 12" Coax drivers were delivered earlier this morning. They are indeed quite big and heavy beasts. Hoping to get over to Darwen tomorrow to get the sheet ply CNC cut to size for the cabinets. I'll post up any progress on my CX310 MLTL speaker thread.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#9908 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ali Tait »

Cheers Colin, speakers are indeed sounding great. Be interesting to hear what the larger drivers bring to the party.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9909 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

@ Ali, holy crap .. Image

But it's getting sorted.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#9910 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by jack »

Interesting camping last night. We were using a UV torch to hunt scorpions - they glow brightly when UV illuminated making them easy to find.

Also had a baby Camel Spider (about 8cm long) hiding on one of the food bags...
IMG-20181102-WA0009_crop_431x432.jpeg
IMG_20181103_120254_259-1209x1209.jpg
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9911 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Maybe this is why my tyre pump connector keeps flying off me valves?

See how the holes have worn?
-
Pump Connector_2250.jpg

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9912 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

That's seen some use !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9913 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Forgotten how old it is. :D Must be 20+ years at least.

Neal
Shed dweller

#9914 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Neal »

Mike H wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:20 pm Maybe this is why my tyre pump connector keeps flying off me valves?

See how the holes have worn?
-
Pump Connector_2250.jpg
I think they are supposed to be like that ;) If it’s fyling off the plastic grippy thingy inside is probably worn
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9915 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Nope not supposed to be like that, holes are definitely supposed to be round.

Apologies to Jack for not noticing his creepy-crawlies, didn't see the post (honest guv).

Another question - has anyone used these dual head tyre vavle connectors? Car/motorbike plus bicycle ...
-
Dual head tyre connector.jpg
Dual head tyre connector.jpg (10.79 KiB) Viewed 6597 times
-
-
I've got one but the air only wants to go out of the bicycle valve hole. :?

Can't make it go out the car valve hole instead.

:?: