Yet another one gone.

shane
Social outcast

#1 Yet another one gone.

Post by shane »

The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Yet another one gone.

Post by Mike H »

Oh what? :shock:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Greg
Social outcast

#3 Re: Yet another one gone.

Post by Greg »

That's a shock! ELP (and previously Nice) was extremely influential on me in my youth. Now I find much of their stuff unlistenable because of the pretentiousness of their lyrics. However, KE has done much other work which I intend to explore once the new version of Rune (streaming service) is released which automatically provides pointers to other material an artist has done or other collaborations involved with. I need the new version to work with my own RPi set up.

RIP Kieth Emerson.
shane
Social outcast

#4 Re: Yet another one gone.

Post by shane »

I was at ELP's debut gig in Plymouth Guildhall, one of the best I ever saw, and loved the first album and the live "Pictures" album. You're right Greg, but like most prog bands they could be pompous and pretentious but crucially they had humour and, of course, consummate musicianship. I suppose that as my bus pass looms ever closer my musical heroes, all a decade or more older than I, are going to depart in ever increasing numbers. Thank the Lord that the recording media we love mean that they will never be forgotten.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.