Tonight's News

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#16 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Mike H »

same from me. Only just seen this. :(

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#17 Re: Tonight's News

Post by simon »

Shocking. Sometimes life really sucks. I hope you all find the strength to deal with it Paul.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#18 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Paul Barker »

Thanks Ray
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

#19 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Paul Barker »

Great news. Although MIL hasnt been involved in any documentation or organisateion. (Not being nasty but she is ignorant unlearned and illiterate).

Turns out he was a very wise cooky. He has put the house insurance in her name. There is a will with a solicitor. The family are making appointments. Insurance company will deal with the daughters if mother signs to that effect.

Thank God for that.

So pleased he thought to put insurance in her name, knowing as a Nintarian he would probably precede her.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
cressy
Shed dweller

#20 Re: Tonight's News

Post by cressy »

Bloody hell paul, my condolences and stay strong
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#21 Re: Tonight's News

Post by jack »

Just got back to somewhere with internet and saw this. Awful, just awful, but some small comfort in that at least the finances are covered.

Our thoughts are with you all...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Paul Barker

#22 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Paul Barker »

Thanks mate my heads still in bits.

I'm off work for Bg compassionate (unpaid sine I'm a contractor not paye) but doing a few jobs for Corgi and my own customers. Enough work to stay afloat and enough time in the day to just chill out and support family.

And give free Buderus advise.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#23 Re: Tonight's News

Post by jack »

When my FiL was getting to be more than a tad incapable my wife and SiL arranged both financial and welfare power of attorney - took ages and cost about 160 quid but it meant than my FiL's affairs were far far simpler to resolve in the end...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Paul Barker

#24 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Paul Barker »

They're on with that.
Andrew
Eternally single

#25 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Andrew »

I can only echo everyone's sentiments Paul, my thoughts are with you and your family.

take care,

Andrew
Analogue, the lost world that lies between 0 and 1.
Paul Barker

#26 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Paul Barker »

Thank you.

We had a set back, post mortem didn't explain what explanation was needed, so they took samples and say may take 6 weeks to know what happened. But we can have a burial in the meantime.

We are cracking up a little now.
Andrew
Eternally single

#27 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Andrew »

How awful, it must be so difficult not knowing what exactly happened to your father-in-law, no wonder you're all in bits.

Andrew
Analogue, the lost world that lies between 0 and 1.
Paul Barker

#28 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Paul Barker »

Thank you, it helps.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#29 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Cressy Snr »

I sort of know how you feel Paul, though the circumstances surrounding my dad's death were nowhere near as bad.
When my dad died, the Coroner put a stop on everything following his post mortem, as the pathologist was unsure
as to whether his respiritory failure was asbestos or livestock related.
The Coroner's Office was involved in a three week trace of previous employers for asbestos compensation procedures, but concluded that in the 60s and 70s, as a joiner, he had worked for far too many companies to be able to blame any one of them, so compensation would be almost impossible to obtain.
In the end we had a pneumonia verdict because strictly speaking that was what killed him, rather than the underlying lung damage, from which they couldn't determine a COD due to the presence of both asbestos and pigeon loft dust, so it was four weeks before we could have his funeral. We were of course seriously grieving at the time, whilst trying to cope with my mother who hadn't a clue what was going on because of mid-stage dementia, and didn't really know who my dad was, so was wondering what we were all so upset about.

Crazy.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Paul Barker

#30 Re: Tonight's News

Post by Paul Barker »

Yes, scary.