Transformers

If they glow, this is the place to be
Unfold
User

#1 Transformers

Post by Unfold »

Could anyone point me in the right direction to have a transformer rewound?

The transformer in question is apparently an unusual design so ideally the original would have to be used in order to create a working version.

You may be able to tell i'm fairly new to this side of the audio world so any info would be greatly appreciated and as simply put as possible would probably be of benefit as well!

thanks =)
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Danbury transformers might be able to help, perhaps Mike H can comment.

If it's for a "classic" amp they might like to clone it and add it to their range.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Also try Brian Sowter. http://www.sowter.co.uk/
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

There is also SP Wound down in Poole http://www.woundcomponents.co.uk/
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote:Danbury transformers might be able to help, perhaps Mike H can comment.

If it's for a "classic" amp they might like to clone it and add it to their range.
Can only do 'E' & 'I' laminations. New parts to nearest dimensions preferred or Danbury might rewind on same original laminations BUT will have to be new former with all the proper modern safety features.

EDIT: a possible problem then is if an available former size does not fit original core. Dave @ Danbury Elec would want you to post the original to him for examination and estimate.

HTH

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."