Experience of?

If they glow, this is the place to be
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

I was thinking of about six of us who are locally connected to just meet at my home. I have previously considered doing an Owston type event here in Bristol, but to date I have not been able to identify somewhere that has all the ingredients of good venue with close by reasonably priced accommodation and a close pub with food. That's where Owston is a winner because it has all those things.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Another factor that has to be considered is the venue owners attitude to health and safety. Some of the kit we display may look exceedingly unsafe to the ignorant. Whilst we all know, or should know what we are doing is safe, to the uneducated, some of our kit outwardly looks dangerous. I said to Thomas at the end of last Owston as he was loading his 'Tower of Power' into his car, if he gets stopped by the Police on the way home, he shouldn't be surprised if he gets arrested under the Terrorism Act. 'Hmmmm, hifi you say? Looks more like a bomb to me!' :wink: :lol:
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

Post by Ray P »

Thanks Greg. I'll look forward to that and it'll be good to meet some of the others who live down this end of the country; I think you're the only one I've actually spoken to.

Ray
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

That's what he was on about when he was muttering hope it doesn't look too much like a terrorist bomb ~ wondered where that came from :D

One of the "serving girls" thought we were watching videos and wondered where the viewing screen was :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."