Old Hand

#226 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

More bollocks.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#227 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

No, not 'bollocks', just direct quotes from yourself, with the prior evidence demonstrating the contrary.
Last edited by Scottmoose on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#228 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

Now, in post 74 we find the following statement
...I have a problem so don't solve the problem, cure it, without realising what damage the cure does. That is your filter / crossover nonsense in a nutshell. But in your case I hope it just damages the music not the amp as well. So why does phase matter, and i don't mean absolute phase I mean leading and lagging phase. Because music is ALL about timing, and what is phase, oh I say it is timing what a co-incidence.
...with the implication phase was not considered. This was repeated, and repeated, and repeated ad nauseam, until post 182, when phase and the issues involved were shown to be one of the fundamental design considerations. And yet, as early as post 17, phase was clearly noted as a design factor:
LR6 has more phase-rotation than a shallower crossover slope; that is a compromise, but at this frequency is less of an issue than higher up.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#229 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Scottmoose wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:47 am No, not 'bollocks', just direct quotes from yourself, with the prior evidence demonstrating the contrary.
That doesn't make them lies. Do you even know what the word means.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#230 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

Better than you it would seem. To wilfully imply an untruth in order to convey a false or misleading impression is as much a lie as a direct statement of such, and potentially more damaging given its insidious nature.

Moving on, in post 80 you state
Your customer may be happy but I am afraid that is an indictment of him… You come here with the presentation of these products…
Despite the fact that I had made no reference of any kind to ‘customers’ or ‘products’. You were in fact utterly unaware that in the case of the speaker on this thread, it was done without charge, as an interesting project between two friends, yet you claim otherwise for some bizzare reason. Your use of the plural implies the same for the Saiga design despite it having been stated clearly that it too was done as a favour, with no financial factors involved, as was noted in the following:
…since the people who asked me (as a favour, this was not a commercial commission) to design it…

(post 6 of the design thread)
And
Regarding the commercial factors you are claiming Richard, I point you toward the remarks that I have made several times: these speakers were designed by me as a favour to the studio in question. I received no payment from them of any kind, other than the words 'please', and 'thank you', which in their case were payment in plenty.
(post 79 of the discussion thread)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#231 Re: Dungeon Keeper

You are still not showing me lies.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#232 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

I fear you are alone in that...
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#233 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Everyone who I have been in contact with agrees with me. I think your brain has fried in anger and damaged ego.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#234 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

I'm sure you do. :roll:

Please spare us the 'ego' drivel. You may recall who barged onto this thread, pontificating their unsubstantiated opinions, lying, falsely implicating, mouthing off abuse and deliberately derailing the entire point of it, simply because he doesn't like it and appears to believe he has a right to impose himself on others? I do believe it was Richard Dunn. Your behaviour does indeed say a lot about ego.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#235 Re: Dungeon Keeper

It needed derailing because it was a load of bollocks.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#236 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

Says who, exactly? And why does that person think that their opinion is more important than that of other people?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#237 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Says ME :lol: :lol: who do you bloody think. I am not looking to boosts my ego and make people think I am clever like you. Personally I couldn't give a toss. I am not looking for allies.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#238 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

I see. How very interesting. So by your own admission

a/ You do think your opinion is more important than that of other people, and you admit you are trying to prevent others from saying things you don't like.

And

b/ If you 'don't give a toss' what, exactly, are you doing here? You have been foisting your opinions on other people from the off, demonstrating that you do care.

Oh look -another lie from Richard Dunn. It's getting to be a habit of yours.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#239 Re: Dungeon Keeper

That is not what I said and you know it - more twisting. Anyway this pointless exercise has to end somewhere so I will let you have last word. UNLESS you publish more useless crap about loudspeakers.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#240 Re: Dungeon Keeper

Post by Scottmoose »

It's what you meant, which you, I and everybody else knows very well.

Your opinion, Richard. Not fact.