Saiga - Discuss

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#31 Re: Saiga

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

pre65 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:06 am I'm sure that Richard could be less confrontational if he really tried. :)
And you could talk about something else apart from me if you really tried.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#32 Re: Saiga

Post by Cressy Snr »

cressy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:03 am Hang on Richard, why the hell is your opinion any more valid than anyone elses?
I don't think he is saying that.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#33 Re: Saiga

Post by Scottmoose »

Challenge what, Richard? There is nothing for you to challenge. As stated, if you don't like it, don't read it.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#34 Re: Saiga

Post by Cressy Snr »

pre65 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:06 am I'm sure that Richard could be less confrontational if he really tried. :)
It is what it is and we work with it. I can't see what the fuss is about.
Nobody is against Scott. He does great work. Other folk do great work too.
I do great work and am incredibly talented.
Live and let live.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#35 Re: Saiga

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:07 am
I like the fact that you (Richard) have views on speakers that you have developed yourself based on the work of other worthy people.

But why must you "rubbish" others who probably have equally strong, but differing views.

It does you no credit. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
cressy
Shed dweller

#36 Re: Saiga

Post by cressy »

Well I presume you have an opinion on the design work Scott has done, or why challenge it in the first place? And why is your opinion on said design work any more valid than scotts, or mine, or anyone elses?
The design is already built and isnt going to be changed through discussion of the relative merits of said design so what is the point?
Michael L
Old Hand

#37 Re: Saiga

Post by Michael L »

You bring it on yourself. You've absolutely no humility and seemingly little respect for anyone else ideas.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#38 Re: Saiga

Post by Cressy Snr »

pre65 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:12 am
I like the fact that you (Richard) have views on speakers that you have developed yourself based on the work of other worthy people.

But why must you "rubbish" others who probably have equally strong, but differing views.

Ah but he's not rubbishing others, he's commenting on certain design philosophies that in his opinion set back good sound for years.
If those others want to see it as a personal attack, then it is in their own minds.
Separate the messenger from the message, and there is clarity.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#39 Re: Saiga

More shite and twisting aimed at me. Is there any post on the subject available to your little Noddy mind :roll:
cressy
Shed dweller

#40 Re: Saiga

Post by cressy »

This is a genuine question, im not trying to be a prat here but given the requirements what would you have designed Richard?
Michael L
Old Hand

#41 Re: Saiga

Post by Michael L »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:17 am

More shite and twisting aimed at me. Is there any post on the subject available to your little Noddy mind :roll:
That's rubbish. It's originating with you. Show some respect and humility and people won't criticise you.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#42 Re: Saiga

Post by Cressy Snr »

I do wonder sometimes why it is always the same people who wade in.
Scott and the Doc could have a perfectly good debate without all the unproductive personalised sniping from the sidelines.
I say again.
Where is the threat ? where is the problem? None that I can see.
This is robust discussion and not in the same league as the Jammy episode.
Get some perspective.
if you don't like the style of discussion then why say so by wading in. It makes no contribution to
the progress of anything that I can see.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#43 Re: Saiga

Cressy Snr wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:16 am

Ah but he's not rubbishing others, he's commenting on certain design philosophies that in his opinion set back good sound for years.
If those others want to see it as a personal attack, then it is in their own minds.
Separate the messenger from the message
Exactly! and that is the point of my existence, not to make money apart from I have to live. We are in a hobby and industry that has been continuously hijacked by marketing and bullshit. I see no other purpose for this apart from to give words to marketing men to advertise their studio so they don't have to talk about music. And if I am a lone voice that stands up to it, as has happened in the past, I am used toit - being called rude, mad, dangerous and all the other shite that has been thrown at me for decades. Does it make shut up - nope!
Nick
Site Admin

#44 Re: Saiga

Post by Nick »

For gods sake, can we all stop forming sides and taking shots at the other. Richard, you have made your opinion of the fundamentals of what Scott is describing clear. I think Scott understands your perspective, and I am sure you understand his, Everything else in this thread is just noise and posturing, can we all just chill please.

If Scott and Richard want to discuss their views, I am sure that will be fine, they are both grown up and intellectually capable, so don't need any help. However in the interest of clarity, I think it may be worth splitting this thread into a info and discuss section to prevent Scott’s description from being interrupted.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#45 Re: Saiga

Snr, it is the same people apart from sadly this time it includes your son. The history is there to see, here and at other forums, given an opportunity to poke me, not my opinions, and they are at it like dogs around a bone. They ruin every thread.