Saiga - Discuss

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#61 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Cressy Snr »

Will do Ali.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Flatpopely
User

#62 Re: Saiga

Post by Flatpopely »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:35 pm
Cressy Snr wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:23 pm It's a studio monitor for evaluation.
These are meant as an analytical tool, so I would argue that they are by definition, the opposite of what is normally required at home.
And what are they analysing, music, I think not, and what is the point of doing anything else even in a studio. I wish we had some of the old Decca and Capital guys from the late 50's early 60's who have produced STILL the finest most musical recording we have ever had, and what did they have, SIMPLICITY as that was all that was available to them, simple quality, and in studio monitors.

Richard.

If you send me some of your Cubes I'll do a bake off against my Linn SARAs, which sit at the opposite end of the scale to the Cube design philosophy.
I will use a first pressing of the Planet Suite on Decca SXL2305.
I won't use any recording and the attendees can post their own views. I won't post an opinion.

How that for an offer?
Linn LP12/RubiKon/RadiKal/ITTOK LVII/ASAKA
Sony CDP338ESD
PC/Win10/Creative X Fi HD > SPDIF out
JVC AX Z1010TN
LInn SARAs
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#63 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Dave the bass »

Fat kid at the back of the classroom time.

I know this might sound like a daft question, but I'll ask it anyway.... I've scanned through this thread and I can't see any link to the Saiga Speakers we're supposed to be discussing?!

Is there a design or pics or link or summat I can have a look at please?
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#64 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by pre65 »

Try this our Dave.

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=4&t=6779

Nick split off the discussion from the original thread.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#65 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Flatty - You can't be serious. You and your mates Wanker and The Bitch have spent the last 10 years or more telling lies about me and my products on the forums. Do you seriously think I would trust you to be honest.

You can organise another of your disastrous biased bake-offs and I will supply them to someone I trust to bring them like Lindsay. Then there will be at least one honest person there.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#66 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Cressy Snr »

Just look for "Saiga" by scottmoose in the thread.
Nick split the discussion off from the original thread because......well you can see the reason. :roll:
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Flatpopely
User

#67 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Flatpopely »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:05 pm Flatty - You can't be serious. You and your mates Wanker and The Bitch have spent the last 10 years or more telling lies about me and my products on the forums. Do you seriously think I would trust you to be honest.

You can organise another of your disastrous biased bake-offs and I will supply them to someone I trust to bring them like Lindsay. Then there will be at least one honest person there.

Ok, love the ad hom BTW.

Can you retract calling me a lier please unless you can post evidence where I have lied about you and your products?
Sony CDP338ESD
JVC AX Z1010TN
LInn SARAs
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#68 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Dave the bass »

Ta Steve n Phil.

Cheers, found it.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#69 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Flatpopely wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:09 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:05 pm Flatty - You can't be serious. You and your mates Wanker and The Bitch have spent the last 10 years or more telling lies about me and my products on the forums. Do you seriously think I would trust you to be honest.

Ok, love the ad hom BTW.

Can you retract calling me a lier please unless you can post evidence where I have lied about you and your products?
Sue me!
Flatpopely
User

#70 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by Flatpopely »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:32 pm
Flatpopely wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Ok, love the ad hom BTW.

Sue me!
Why would I bother?

Anyway. I offered a vehicle for you to publicly backup your claims about how your way is the only way and you declined.
bye.
Sony CDP338ESD
JVC AX Z1010TN
LInn SARAs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#71 Re: Saiga - Discuss

No I haven't I have declined you, if you really wanted to hear them there are samples within easy travel from you and owners who are only too willing to let you come and listen and maybe even willing to bring them to you, but I doubt that. Anyway this is just another of your games as you well know.

What you are offering is the equivalent of Hitler offering to listen to a Jewish family to see if he likes them - complete waste of time apart from for publicity purposes to promote your prejudice.

I think we have LindsayT here and he can give chapter and verse and proof of the lies and bias involved in your bake-offs.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#72 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Sorry for anyone who doesn't realise it. He has joined here purely for an opportunity to make problems for NVA and me, there is proof all over the forums, as with a few others here.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#73 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Post by pre65 »

Back on topic.

Reading the Saiga posts from Scott it seems he fulfilled the customers brief in every way.

Why would anyone argue against that ?

There may have been (not being constrained by customers preferences) other ways to achieve a similar (possibly better) result but that is not what this topic is about.

Well done Scott. :D
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#74 Re: Saiga - Discuss

So someone tells you to design a speaker you know will be musically shite but you still do it, very professional, but I wouldn't have thought it not very personally satisfying. Unless the payment is the only important thing.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#75 Re: Saiga - Discuss

Flatty, I am sure you have seen it, but i will put it up here for everyone to see.

I would not trust Flatty's nor YN's judgement on any bake-off. They may well say the same about me.

An NVA speaker bake-off involving them would be a joke. :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

LindsayT