New build 2.5 way floorstanding prototype speakers

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#46 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by Cressy Snr »

pre65 wrote:Everything looks OK on my W10 laptop. :wink: :lol:
pre65 wrote:So, do all us "normal" people with PCs have to view Colin's portrait type photos sideways ?

That's how today's photo at 9:47 looks on my laptop.
I love the irony in that post Phil :mrgreen:
Priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't fret. As Colin has said, it'll get sorted to the satisfaction of all parties.
Nick's link explains the problem and how to fix it.
Colin is doing that.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#47 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by pre65 »

Cressy Snr wrote: I love the irony in that post Phil :mrgreen:
Priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's the way I tell it. :lol: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#48 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by Toppsy »

Right OK guys I have now corrected all the photo images.
They all appear fine to me. If any are still having issues it ain't my camera or software or web browser.

All the retaken photos are with the camera in a non rotated mode and non of the images have been rotated in MS Photo Manager. The images have only been compressed and resized (keeping the original aspect ratio) to size to as best I can get the original sized pixel sized images.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#49 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by Cressy Snr »

They are all correct on my iPad and iPhone now Colin.
I can now appreciate the speakers without getting a crick in my neck.
Thanks. :)
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#50 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by simon »

Not sure if you've fixed the image issue at source Colin but I've been caught out with my Canons in the past. There's a setting in the menu system that tells it to remember the orientation, Nick's hinted at this twice, so that no matter what you do, even if you rotate them in an editor, in some browsers/applications (like Blogger) the photo always comes out the same way.

There is a way of correcting ones youve already taken which I found by googling but it was a little involved and I can't remember what it was now. But once I'd unset the 'remember orientation' in the camera it's been fine.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#51 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by Toppsy »

Hi Simon,
No I haven't fixed the problem at source within the camera settings, I have simply re-shot the photos with the camera in the normal landscape mode.

I have checked in the menu for the S100 camera and cannot find a setting to unset the 'remember orientation' in the camera. No mind perhaps at the next Owston meet I'll bring my camera and you can have a look to see if this setting can be changed. For now I'll not rotate the camera to take shots.
They are all correct on my iPad and iPhone now Colin.
I can now appreciate the speakers without getting a crick in my neck.
Thanks.
At least a result of sorts even though I haven't sorted the actual camera settings as noted by Simon.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#52 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by simon »

Looking through the S100 manual on line I think it's on page 189 'Turning off the auto rotate function'. You might need to play with it to see which way round it works (and note the reference to page 157). Hopefully that will sort it.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#53 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by simon »

Regarding the name I think it's an interesting choice to name them after Preston North End's ground :-D
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#54 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by Toppsy »

Hi Simon,
Thanks for finding that in the online user manual. I couldn't find any such in my user manual that came with the camera. I have now downloaded the full manual and have changed the settings as you have mentioned. The next build photo I take I'll download and paste on the thread to see if this has cured the problem at source.

I hadn't cottoned on to the fact the name of Preston North End FC ground is Deepdale and be assured there will be a name change soon. I'll have to get Nick to edit the thread title for me as I don't think I can do this.

Much appreciated your input to the Canon camera issue. We live and learn.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#55 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by Scottmoose »

Horrors! Not a football ground! :mrgreen:

Looks like Airedale and Dovedale are leading the pack as far as new names go at present.

Cheers
Scott
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#56 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by pre65 »

Scottmoose wrote:Horrors! Not a football ground! :mrgreen:

Looks like Airedale and Dovedale are leading the pack as far as new names go at present.

Cheers
Scott

Will not those speaker names forever be associated with Rank / Wharfedale , or whoever owns them now ?

Could be the Chinese group that Peter Comeau heads up.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Greg
Social outcast

#57 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by Greg »

Well, with all the issues over the images, you could call them........Canondale :roll:

I'll get my coat.
shane
Social outcast

#58 Re: New build DEEPDALE prototype speakers

Post by shane »

pre65 wrote:
Scottmoose wrote:Horrors! Not a football ground! :mrgreen:

Cheers
Scott

Will not those speaker names forever be associated with Rank / Wharfedale , or whoever owns them now ?

Could be the Chinese group that Peter Comeau heads up.
Indeed it is.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#59 Re: New build 2.5 way floorstanding prototype speakers

Post by Toppsy »

Ok Guys, I renamed the title of this thread in my first posting as the speakers certainly won't be named The Deepdales this being the ground name for Preston North End football club. I should have realised. Must be getting old! Scott and I have still not come up with a name as yet but we are looking for suitable names to do with the Border Reivers who operated out of Northumberland and the borders with Scotland carrying out raids into Scotland n Tudor and Elizabethan times and from which we have taken our trade name. So some further research into the Border Reivers - family names, places etc. is ongoing.

I have now finished both cabinets and front baffles. Cabinets are fully lined in our usual 12mm thick recycled wool underlay but not yet padded out with the MDM-3 damping material to the spec. that Scott gave me. The front baffles are only push fitted into place and are yet not glued into the rebates. Both these tasks will be done when the XO PCB's arrive. This is now likely to be in the new year due to the Christmas intervening holiday break. Once the PCB's arrive I will then populate the boards and install them in the bottom compartment of the cabinets. This will be less an hastle then trying to install the XO's through the woofer opening with the front baffles glued in place.

Some photos with the camera settings changed as suggested by Simon. Hope no one has issues with compression of these images.

The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#60 Re: New build 2.5 way floorstanding prototype speakers

Post by The Stratmangler »

You could call them "Etihads" :lol:
Chris :happy3: